Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THANK YOU Jayde!

THANK YOU Jayde!

ok, I just noticed your damage calc

it has opponents AC on it....

thanks, I been complainin for a long time that no damage calc deals with ac's.

you da man

/prostrate
    /bow
    /prostrate

You get the Dnastyone gold star for the day! *stamps his forhead*
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

lol

Glad you find it useful...

Also figured it would be useful to folks to have a variable AggDef bar as well. (Still need to double-check my numbers on that one... Currently using -300 at 0, +300 at 100, and neutral at 75. Was late when I did it, and couldn't check on the boards.)

Working on dual-wield calculator as well as throwing most specials in there. (Probably gonna have to ignore AimedShot, SneakAttack, and FullAuto just due to the random nature of the multipliers. All the others are fair-game though.)

-Jayde

I think Chronita was saying her tests showed something like:-

100% agg - -0.25/-0.25
    87.5% agg - 0 change (speed as listed on your weapon)
    0% agg - +1.75/+1.75

Aggro bar spanning a total of 2/2

So, a list would be

100% - -0.25/-0.25
    75% - +0.25/+0.25
    50% - +0.75/+0.75
    25% - +1.25/+1.25
    0% - +1.75/+1.75

If you add those to the speed of the weapon, and then apply init, it should be right.

Here's a link to Chronita's Init FAQ, it's where I got my numbers from.

Apart from that, nice damage calc.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Thanks much for the link, I had a heck of a time finding it last night. (I knew I had read it elsewhere...)

I will look into implementing it a bit better. =)

One thing I call into question is that these tests seem to have been done before AggDef was affecting Recharge. (Fix as of 14.6/14.7) Meaning the time calculated (-.5s at 100%) may be 100% of the Attack change, with no Recharge. This would fit the theory of +300 init at 100% AggDef.

I'll run some tests to see what I can verify.

-Jayde
    Last edited by Jayde; Nov 26th, 2002 at 03:43:45.

You can add to the Official Dnastyone Gold Star of the Day (tm) the not so common Gummiz Two Thumbs Up of Redemption (c).

Now, what a day of consecration for you !
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Added preliminary calculation for Burst, Fling, and Fast Attack special attacks. Brawl forthcoming. AS/FullAuto/Sneak may be a bit difficult due to their random nature.

-Jayde

Jayde>Auno.

Wow.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Jayde>Auno.

Wow.
    Jayde>>Auno

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Jayde>>>Auno

Auno == mostly dead.

Auno != best database

I == too much time on my hands.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Auno has the best nanoprogram lists, though. And the implant designer.

Jayde, I believe that's your cue. . .
    --

It's true, though. The fact that Auno's lists the reqs when you do a nano search is nice. The other thing I like Auno's better for is that you can specify your search terms.

I know you can specify three requirements and an effect in Jayde's, but sometimes I want to specify how much of something I want

I can put an eff(martial arts)>0 into Auno's search, to find the items that buff MA. If I select Martial Arts as the effect in Jayde's DB, it'll give me debuff items/nanos as well.

Or, if I'm looking for a weapon, I might not be able to get, say, Fling Shot above 300. So I could put req(fling shot)<300 into Auno's DB.

Jayde's DB wins hands-down when it comes to displaying info, though. So much more info on the items comes out when you do get the items you want. And it's not too hard to sift through them

edit: I should say, that Auno's lists the reqs in the summary listing. Jayde's lists it once you actually select the nano, of course, but sometimes it's nice not to have to select each nano to look at the reqs

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Thanks for all the kind words folks... Just trying to do the best I can to provide a service to my fellow players. =)

Nano reqs on the listing, as well as the ability to search for req values is on my list for the next dump. (Assuming FC doesn't release another big patch too soon.)

Gotta change the way I index my search data to do that, so it has to be done at dump-time. Once I make this change, it should be pretty easy to do both searching for min/max req values, as well as showing the nano requirments on the simple search results page.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm open to adding whatever folks think would be useful to them.

As a side-note, thanks to some input from Timber and Chronita, I've changed the AggDef portion of the damage simulator. It now has a 9-setting AggDef bar, using Chronita's .25s/.25s per 1/8th formula. (Can check out the sticky thread in the MA forum for more info on that.)

-Jayde

Just a couple of notes on the damage calc / init bit, Jayde.

You've got in the greyed notes (unless you changed it in the last two minutes), that 0% adds +1.25/+1.25. If 100% is -.25/-.25, and every 1/8 of the bar is +.25/+.25, that'd make 0% +1.75/+1.75. Probably just a typo, but thought I should ask

The second thing I noticed was when I was checking out the specials. I can't comment on how accurate they are, but I was looking at the Master G-Staff, and your damage simulator gives a cycle time of 1s, 0.5 attack, 0.5 recharge. That's the weapon speeds, and initiative in your simulator won't take it below that, but isn't weapon speed capped at 1/1?

Looks pretty good so far One thing you might be able to do without changing the DB or anything, is put up an FAQ on special recharge. I noticed you explained how Burst recharge is calculated on another thread. That information would be useful to know.

One other thing. I'm a little confused as to this "special damage". For example, the ql200 Kerans with a Burst skill of 750 (just as an example). Average damage, OK, bursts, OK. But "Total special damage would be around 9000 points...". What's this for?

Thanks, it's looking good so far.

Thanks for the feedback..

-The 1.25 was a typo and has been corrected.

-Weapon speed is capped at 1/1 *or* the base speed of the weapon. If the base speed of the weapon is less than 1/1, it will be that fast. AggDef or negitive initiative can take it above the base, but a speed with base below 1 second can remain there with positive initiative. With 1000 init, you could theorhetically get the G-Staff back down to .58/.5 at 0% AggDef.

-Special damage is the total of all specials. (Some weapons have Burst and Fling, for instance.) There was a glitch in this causing it to get multiplied, which is why the number wasn't making sense.

-Lastly, I may throw together a FAQ page with useful info from various sources. I'll have to contact the folks who originally posted the info to get their permission to repost, though. =)

/me does emergency patch to 1.4

-Jayde

Quick follow-up...

I changed the way the output is formatted to make special attack damage a little more clear.

In 30s with a cycle speed of 2s, (1s Attack, 1s Recharge) you would have attacked 15 times. Total damage in 30s would be around 8160 points.

Special attack damage in 30s would be around 4500 points, bringing total damage to around 12660 points.

Your average normal hit would be around 500 points.
    Bursts in 30s would be approx. 3 @ 14s, adding around 1500 points each for 4500 points total.
    -Jayde

Excellent, thank you very much for that, Jayde, looks good

fyi bro, the inits part of Chronita's faq will be changing soon

the new math is

If init>1200 then
    init = ((init-1200)/3)+1200
    else
    init = init

(1/3 effectiveness for all inits over 1200)

I dont THINK that it applys to nano init though.

again kudo's to a not lazy person with brains! hehe

(not sure if I am lazy or brainless, but one has to be true )

ROFLOL

Good work Jayde you have done a outstanding job...
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Originally posted by Jayde

-Weapon speed is capped at 1/1 *or* the base speed of the weapon. If the base speed of the weapon is less than 1/1, it will be that fast. AggDef or negitive initiative can take it above the base, but a speed with base below 1 second can remain there with positive initiative. With 1000 init, you could theorhetically get the G-Staff back down to .58/.5 at 0% AggDef.

*blink*

*blink*

*blink*

Are you sure on this?
    --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast