Thread: change of character names please!

change of character names please!

I think there should be a way to cange your character name. I chose one I wanted at the time but I thought of one that I wanted more later, and I've put too much work into this character to start over. Please consider this suggestion! Thank-You!

I don't care for this suggestion, harsh as that sounds. I know a name is a very personal thing and am sympathetic.

Still, reputations are built on names, and I don't much care for the idea of people being able to 'disown' thier past deeds based on their identity no longer being known.

How would your parents feel if you told them your name sucks and wanted to change it, shame on you!

Jagdtyger

Re: change of character names please!

Originally posted by Yurimaru
    I think there should be a way to cange your character name. I chose one I wanted at the time but I thought of one that I wanted more later, and I've put too much work into this character to start over. Please consider this suggestion! Thank-You!
    go to any back yard... change your name

your welcome

and I agree this is BAD, reputations are IMPORTANT. I have been Yazule since 1982
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Names can be changed all the time, nicks can be changed up to level 20

Atleast that is what happened when I asked a ARK at lvl 23 with an my char Raynbow2, if I deleted Raynbow (she on RK2) could I have the 2 removed....short answer was had you asked 3 levels earlier you could have changed to whatever you want....
    All the ducks are swimming in the water

Yeah, ok, well this IS a game name not be compared with the names our parents gave us, and if someone wants to "disown" their name and past deeds that's their choice, I'll take those two comments as jokes. There should be at least ONE reset point to change your nickname similar to the reset points given when you level up. But then again this game needs so many improvements, maybe they shouldn't waste time with this suggestion.

Re: Re: change of character names please!

Originally posted by Yazule

go to any back yard... change your name

your welcome

and I agree this is BAD, reputations are IMPORTANT. I have been Yazule since 1982
    Yup, and a big ***** all the way.
    ~Chris

nickname?...backyard?

Oh btw what I meant when I said nickname, I'm referring to the one you choose at the very beginning right after you create your character I'm not talking about the other name that is assigned to you...
    for example...
    'Clark "this is the name i'm talking about that goes in here" Larkins'
    the machine/terminal in the backyard can't change this, the only way to change it is to start the game over again.

Not gonna happen, I think. Too many issues.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Yeah I know Razishlyat, they should work on the other million improvements to this game and completely forget about my suggestion.

Re: change of character names please!

Okay, let's see what we can learn from this, yes.. Oh, NEVER EVER use the name of your girlfriend on the dynel, since no relationship can outlast an addicted MMORPGer.

Yeah, ok, well this IS a game name not be compared with the names our parents gave us, and if someone wants to "disown" their name and past deeds that's their choice, I'll take those two comments as jokes. There should be at least ONE reset point to change your nickname similar to the reset points given when you level up. But then again this game needs so many improvements, maybe they shouldn't waste time with this suggestion.
    There have been a number of posts recently from players who have been ripped off by other players. What you are saying, by taking my comment as a 'joke', is that you think it's great that the thieves can make the choice to disown those deeds. Sorry, I guess I just have no sense of humor.

No reset of nicknames please. Reputation is important in a game where player interaction happens.

Instead, next time you make a character, take the time to find one you are comfortable with.

I spend a LOT of time digging up a serviceable nickname for my alts. It would be easier if there was a cleanup of nickname hoggers that remain level 2 for 1 year or more
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !