Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are Europeans getting the Shaft - again???

Originally posted by Drabin

As for this booster pack and this silly thread - blame the vendors not FC. The booster packs arrived in the U.S. (at least for those that pre-ordered) on Wednesday for most of us. Friday was a suitable start date and I don't see anything wrong with the date (even if I were on the flipside).
    It is always Funcom's fault!!!

Seriously though, it is FC's fault for not giving the distributors enough time to make sure the product is available all over the world at the same time. A lot of games goes gold well over a month before launch in order for them to be in place all at the same time which FC didn't bother with..
    Since AO's market penetration is so weak FC should also have signed up with a more trustworthy online distributor than Digital River. Funcom is the developer and publisher of AO and it falls to them to make the product available through deals they make with manufacturers and distributors. I just noticed that one of the very few places in Sweden where you can actually find any mention of NW at all, Webhallen.com, has a new release date that they must have updated today, Dec. 3rd.
    All in all it is yet another example of FC rushing things in order to get them out of the door and damn the consequences. Sad...

And imagine that so much of this could have been avoided if they had let people pay and download it straight from the web.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

What about pre-orders from Funcom's digital river online store? Did they start shipping them to euro customers to time their arrival to roughly co-incide with release? If so, where's my despatch email I should have had a day or two ago?
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

ANyone read the message on the Launcher?

I must say it really provoked me.
    It says they have now shipped it, so when we will get it is out of their hands. I say not so.

If I was given the task to design a new town hall, and finished the blueprints 2 days before the building was supposed to be finished, I doubt I could say: Hey I'm done, if it's not finished in time it's not my fault.

21 Nov 2002

We're Sorry! The product(s) you've ordered is currently out of stock and could not be shipped. The product(s) has been placed on back-order and will be shipped as soon as possible when the stock becomes available. You will receive another e-mail notification when your order has actually shipped. Your credit card has been pre-authorized, but you will NOT be charged until the product ships. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Customer Number: 27043240
    Order Number: 57099785
    Order Date: 20-OCT-02

Doesnt that just say it all? I live in the UK and the game wont be on shelves till 6th December. I thought if i ordered through funcoms own suppliers that it might get here on time!!

Stupid me!

Isn't it yet ANOTHER amazing co-incidence that Funcom give euro players the shaft by delaying the on-the-shelf release of the expansion to the EXACT same day as the euro release of Asheron's Call 2 goes on general sale?

*******s.
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

Originally posted by lilnymph
    there is a very simple reason the US get things first, its because the Americans have less brain power than us Europeans, so to give them a fighting chance, they have to be given things early, to have chance to do all the hard things (you know, read the box and manuel, take off the shrink wrapping) before we get it

Hugs

lilnymph

ps, this post was a joke, flame it and you have NO sense of humour
    Hrhrhr....

Good punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

Originally posted by Cz

I'll bring up the idea of not turning on the booster features yet with Marketing and the dev team, but I really doubt it's an option.
    Thanks a bunch for trying!

/me throws a cookie to the cutest leet ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

Europe, go hit TARRASQUE!

Go hit the dragon and all the other unique mobs while the US is busy making towers!

Cmon guys, we're missing some opportunities here.
    Turchin - Fat Crat member of Illuminati.

Re: Re: Are Europeans getting the Shaft - again???

Originally posted by Lordvold
    If this happens, and I get my Booster after it goes live and all areas are taken - -

I leave AO, and send the booster back, end of story !
    If all areas are taken when I get my booster...
    Let's just they have had better have defenders in place if they want to keep their bases intact.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Re: Europe, go hit TARRASQUE!

Originally posted by SBExp
    Go hit the dragon and all the other unique mobs while the US is busy making towers!

Cmon guys, we're missing some opportunities here.
    Point. Maybe some of the unique mobs now have a longer life expectancy than 0.5 seconds. For a few hours at least
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Re: Re: Re: Are Europeans getting the Shaft - again???

Originally posted by Seid

If all areas are taken when I get my booster...
    Let's just they have had better have defenders in place if they want to keep their bases intact.
    How about petitioning for exploiting? After all they did use something to gain an un-intended advantage over the other players?
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Cz
    I'll bring up the idea of not turning on the booster features yet with Marketing and the dev team, but I really doubt it's an option.
    Marketing team!!!!!

Ah yes thats the problem right there! At least be honest and tell us that you suddenly remembered the AC2 release date and are timing the Euro release to match (and that you screwed up in letting others in before then)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Are Europeans getting the Shaft - again???

Originally posted by Warlock

How about petitioning for exploiting? After all they did use something to gain an un-intended advantage over the other players?
    *blink*

Ok, in case this is not some kind of obscure joke :
    There will always be NW and non NW players, so no, I do not consider this an exploit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123