Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Europeans getting the Shaft - again???

Originally posted by Blue Cat
    *GASP!*

/FLAME

Hehe. =)

I'd assumed that the Europeans would get it second because of the whole WW2 thing.

I mean really- if you guys got it first, you'd only start shooting one another, taking each others' towers, and we'd have to ride in with the cavalry to bail you out again, and it'd just be sort of embarrassing.

You really shouldn't beleive all the WW2garbage pumped out by hollywood. I'm supprised that hollywood let the titanic sink in their movie the scant regaurd they have for any facts.

I'm pretty suprised that anyone does, there again, your american, you wanna see real americans watch Jerry Springer.

:P

Hopefuly a few days difference won't make too much difference, as a lot of people learned a lot on beta about where not to place your towers.

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Chill down everyone. It is going to be released in both Europe and the US simultaneously.. I just checked with a local store in Sweden and they will have it in stock on Friday.

/Mordien

For thos who live in the south of sweden.

NW will be in stock at "Tradition" in Malmö located by the central station on friday (29th), just whent down and checked, =D
    Synaptikk, Adventurer, Omni, RK-1
    Zhaga, Engineer, Omni, RK-1
    Foulplay, Agent, Omni, RK-1

KEEPER OF "ADVBOT" @ RK-1, JOIN!! (read about it)

"Moment of terror is the beginning of life" - Front242

Originally posted by caloss2

You really shouldn't beleive all the WW2garbage pumped out by hollywood. I'm supprised that hollywood let the titanic sink in their movie the scant regaurd they have for any facts.

I'm pretty suprised that anyone does, there again, your american, you wanna see real americans watch Jerry Springer.
    It was just a joke, man. I'm quite aware of Hollywood's fondness for embellishment. But thank you for the obligatory insult to Americans' intelligence, oh He Who Cannot Spell.

But really- I doubt that people getting the booster at different times will matter in the long run.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

humm, typical American, what language do you speak,...ah English, where does English come from? ah yes England, just because your US spell checker says it's wrong, means that it only has a bastardised US English dictionary, given it's our language your using (albeit made easier for Americans, like lets spell night, nite so we can get it right...or is that rite?)

However if perhaps you'd initially possessed the intelligence to spell check an obvious UK post with a UK dictionary then perhaps your post would have carried more credence, ps do you have a mullet hair-do and live in "trailer park"?

ah thought so, here's your ticket for the green room....

dear me

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

humm, typical American, what language do you speak,...ah English, where does English come from? ah yes England, just because your US spell checker says it's wrong, means that it only has a bastardised US English dictionary, given it's our language your using (albeit made easier for Americans, like lets spell night, nite so we can get it right...or is that rite?)

However if perhaps you'd initially possessed the intelligence to spell check an obvious UK post with a UK dictionary then perhaps your post would have carried more credence, ps do you have a mullet hair-do and live in "trailer park"?

dear me

peace
    cal
    You're killing me here, man. I'm aware of the occasional spelling differences. I lived over there for a time. Your spelling and punctuation would be considered atrocious on either side of the Atlantic, my arrogant friend.

I'm not interested in some silly Euro/American flame war, to be honest with you. You don't like Americans. That's fine. Have a nice day! =)
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Re: LOL

Originally posted by Xiries
    I thought u silly European people knew that us Americans get what we want first!! 8) Also, if there are so many more of u european players, then what does it matter? U will overrrun the area asap!
    I was quite insulted when i first read this... but then again, Its the truth! :P u americans always get the good games first never us.

Unhappy Opps

Opps, didnt read the text ahead, and yes english does come from england, respect our authoratah :P

Words of wisdom

In tems of wars - In the words of one of the US's top generals in the American Civil War. They couldn't hit a barn door at this dist...

Hehe

erf think this topic going far away from the first question ...

point is:
    notum war, when, where????
    simply...

Originally posted by Blue Cat

I'm not interested in some silly Euro/American flame war, to be honest with you. You don't like Americans. That's fine. Have a nice day! =)

Then perhaps we shouldn't start one? ;p
    Peace

Yep either ways, releasing in one country or another ahead of another is surely not a good thing.
    If it NW is released in the UK or Japan or sweeden or US first, it's still going to put other players at a disadvantge, my guild contains a healthy mix of both US and Euro players from officers through to applicants, if only half of them can visit our towers or defend them (given "req must have booster pack1") it really is going to cause upset.

Given the booster pack is only 10mb or so, surely given the whole client(680mb #ish) is downloadable then booster should be too?

Ok so players with faster connections will get it first, but that's far more global and then we're talking minuites not days.

peace
    cal

Hey! You brits tried to claim America! Your tea also killed all our fish! We even gave you James Bond, and Austin Powers after him! The Brits are spoiled!
    (yes, I am joking, send a flame to Maxtor6 if you want).

-deleted-
    NW is being released on Thursday according to Cz's new Community Corner post, which I quoted and bold-ified because it appears that NW is hidding behind a cloud of shame. Well, I was hoping for more than 2 days notice of when I can actually buy something from FC.
    Last edited by Maxtor 1-7; Nov 27th, 2002 at 04:15:52.

hold the phone

I really hope this site has it wrong,
    site

check the EU/ US release dates in the thin orange line near the page header.

.....Cz can you now please confirm either way,I'm sure 3305 is NOT the only guild with members from both sides of the Atlantic!

to release at seperate times like this is unaceptable.

Well, I still think we should be able to down load it, but hey this way FC has plenty of new licences out there, if 50% of them are passed to freinds then they had a nice influx of new accounts.

Would have been nice if they could have released the expansion this month, then patched to live after 12 days, so everyone could start the same time, guess some things are too much to ask for.

Peace
    cal

Re: Re: Are Europeans getting the Shaft - again???

Originally posted by Lordvold
    If this happens, and I get my Booster after it goes live and all areas are taken - -

I leave AO, and send the booster back, end of story !
    Lol what a baby! Here's your sucker.

NW's is more then a foot race to place the first towers.

haha xiries

xiries seems not to be very smart

It should be pointed out that many US words are in fact spelt using the original English spelling, and its us on this side of the pond who have let our spelling change. So its a silly argument as in many cases our US bretheren are the ones using the more accurate spelling.

If you want to complain about the US and English, try some of the interesting new words their military come up with... (or new meanings for old words).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Re: Re: Re: Are Europeans getting the Shaft - again???

Originally posted by Sent

Lol what a baby! Here's your sucker.

NW's is more then a foot race to place the first towers.
    So you wouldn't mind I take it ?

Oh, silly me, you wont be affected. doh
    Lordvold Fix MA's
    Flxme The ranged alt

"My theory is that this was probably done in some way that it was supposed to end at a given date like 1st January 2010. Back then there was of course no one that would imagine that AO would last past 2010" Eponyx

dear me

peace
    cal
    Come on folks this thread is getting very silly. In defense of FC, they simultaneously shipped the boosters to the U.S. and Europe at the same time. They are not responsible for whether or not the vendor receives them and moves them more quickly than the next vendor. All of this bickering over America and Europe is pointless IMHO.

And to make one point clear here, English is now a "trade" language accepted in every part of the world. Whence, it's had to change in many ways to provide many different approaches to communication. This is why the language has so many words and so many different aspects and approaches to its use. It doesn't matter where it came from but that it serves multiple purposes in the business markets across the world.

And not every American only speaks one language and is arrogant towards other Countries. I'm very proud of my German and Italian heritage and can speak both German and Italian. I respect the European community greatly.

On the subject of WW2, I think what our friend a few posts back meant was that America was not paid back all the money it gave to Great Brittain during the war. What he didn't say was that America "shouldn't" get that money back considering Europe paid the worst price for the war and rightfully deserves that money. I commend everyone that actually has a perent or Grand Parent that fought in that war and survived to tell the tale.

As for this booster pack and this silly thread - blame the vendors not FC. The booster packs arrived in the U.S. (at least for those that pre-ordered) on Wednesday for most of us. Friday was a suitable start date and I don't see anything wrong with the date (even if I were on the flipside).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast