Thread: re: killing your own guards

re: killing your own guards

I don't think players should be able to kill their own guards without any penalties. It just doesn't make sense. The guards are there to protect the cities and if you attempt to kill a guard it would seem logical that an APB (all points bulliten) would be issued and all the other guards would begin to hunt for the attacker.

I think it's time to consider implementing faction into the game.
    For example: if a clanner kills a clan guard, you would create bad faction that would cause all the clan guards to attack you on site.

To remove the bad faction you would have to kill, say, 30 omni guards of equal level to erase the previous bad faction. Then you would not get attacked by clan guards.

This would not prevent guard killing but it would be an appropriate penalty with a way to erase the faction.
    Last edited by Kwerk; Nov 26th, 2002 at 04:37:10.

Yay!

Very good idea...prolly hard to implement, but anyho...I always hated those guys that had to kill every guard by BB ENT, jsut because they "were bored". If your bored in AO cancel your subscripttion for crying out loud!!
    Traumatizer of Ragnarok.

The second coming.

I just wish I could buff my own guards....

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

How about applying the "pvp enabled" thingy on guard killers? =)

and if u kill icc guard and they hunt u u have to give cash in prison ?
    Vaultcitizen ADV 190. Teh pistol gimpness
    Catspawgirl NT 171. Pnh/Ior Dispenser
    Mareva Fix 167. GSF, Hot and fix grid Dispenser
    Canigou MP 135. CI Dispenser
    Pipboy2001 MA 80ish in gamboling doing /fblock.

Rubi-Ka 1

allways /tell Vaultcitizen

it makes perfect sense, killing your own guards

ANARCHY online..not DEMOCRACY online....

look up what ANARCHY means and I will join u in killing some clan guards tomorrow!

ANARCHY! DEATH TO EVERYONE!

Actually being able to heal and/or buff your own guards is a brilliant idea. That would be a blast healing a guard who was under attack...

anarchy and mass murder

I agree wholeheartedly, Gold. In fact, that's the premise behind my guild, the Mass Murderers. If you want to do some rping along these lines, give Obfuscate a holler. He'll explain what we're about in more detail.
    Randome. Proud General of Link Dead, a mercenary organization. Available for assistance with blitzing, raiding, tower defense, etc. Send a tell to any of our members for more info.

I have lost count on how many times I've supported some kind of reaction to players' actions. Like guard-killings. Sure, you may have a perfectly valid reason to kill guards, but you should be ready to face the consequences.

Like beeing flagged for PvP, letting the guards generate and remember hate towards you, having the guards call for backup, swarming the place. SOMETHING!

That is one thing EQ has done right. If you kill enough gnomes, all gnomes begin to hate and recognize you. Buuuuut the EQ skill-system is borked, and I like the scifi we have here

-edit- oh, and back to AO. Democrasy/anarchy.
    The way I see it, the clans have the anarchy, and omni live under democracy(maybe not really. More like a corperate thingy...)

clan people killing off clan guards could cause blood-revenge. An eye for an eye etc, while omni people killing omni guards would risk disiplinary actions taken against them.
    Last edited by Skybert; Nov 25th, 2002 at 22:08:01.

If its possible to kill a gaurd then they arnt worthy enough to be one.

(besides, killing gaurds is funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnn)

Originally posted by Kiri
    If its possible to kill a gaurd then they arnt worthy enough to be one.

(besides, killing gaurds is funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnn)
    Do you initiate your guard killing with a Swimming Incompetence debuff?

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

Do you initiate your guard killing with a Swimming Incompetence debuff?

omgz swim incomp would like totally gimp me. i dont think id be able to kill a leet with that, not to mention id be uber slow in water :\

[Kirishami executes Swim Expertise within your ncu....]

aahh much better

Originally posted by Kiri

omgz swim incomp would like totally gimp me. i dont think id be able to kill a leet with that, not to mention id be uber slow in water :\
    I meant execute the debuff on the guards.

Originally posted by Kwerk
    Actually being able to heal and/or buff your own guards is a brilliant idea. That would be a blast healing a guard who was under attack...

Hehe U can heal the guards - if you are a MP. I was in Trade some time ago and I noticed a clanner attacking a guard. The clanner was beating the guard easily - that was until I sent my healpet PetDOCTOR over to help the guard. After about 20 seconds the clanner shouts " You suck!" and runs off.
    215 MP - Proud member of Band of Brothers

Re: re: killing your own guards

Originally posted by Kwerk
    Iand if you when you kill a guard in reality....

hello,

i would like to say that no matter how valid your point may have been, this phrase makes your entire line of arguments look moronic.

MMORPG != RL

thank you, now please take your medicine and go to the back of class.

Ok I edited the original post because Juggy had to nit pick. Of course it's not reality but that doesn't mean we have to throw out common sense too...

I agree with Skybert that the EQ faction system is well designed. Some races start out neutral with gnomes, however if you start killing gnomes they all quickly turn KOS (kill on sight) to you. If you want to reclaim your previous faction you have to kill alot of their enemies to redeem yourself.

Originally posted by Ghidora

Hehe U can heal the guards - if you are a MP. I was in Trade some time ago and I noticed a clanner attacking a guard. The clanner was beating the guard easily - that was until I sent my healpet PetDOCTOR over to help the guard. After about 20 seconds the clanner shouts " You suck!" and runs off.
    WTG!!!

Another clanner bites the dust