Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why pvp in AO will never be good

why pvp in AO will never be good

why pvp in AO will never be good.

a. omnis can team with clanners and vise versa.

b. omnis can trade with clanners and vise versa.

c. omnis can buff clanners and vise versa.

d. the same classes are clan and omni.

e. nothing to gain in pvp

----------------------------------------------------------------

simple logic, the only difference between being omni and clan is...ok well i cant think of 1 cuz theres no difference.

suggestion: well i have no suggestion cuz noone cares anyway.

results: NO storyline+NO fun pvp+NO benefit=NO REASON TO PVP.
    -Rhalla OMNI Fixer RK2

I do agree that it is pretty stupid that Omni/Clan can team/buff oneanother. Although I don't think this is why pvp is useless. i think pvp is useless because 1) someone else can turn off your video and 2) you KNOW what professions you can and can not beat.

A suggestion to Omni/Clan teaming/buffing would be a high chance of being thrown to Neutral like 30% or something if you do . Neuts shouldn't be able to mess up others team, oops join Omni/Clan teams just because they don't like either side and enjoy playing gimped.
    Last edited by Unit99; Nov 25th, 2002 at 15:22:21.

i forgot 1 more thing too. being able to have a clanner and an omni on the same server on the same acct. is pretty lame too.
    -Rhalla OMNI Fixer RK2

Originally posted by Rhalla
    i forgot 1 more thing too. being able to have a clanner and an omni on the same server on the same acct. is pretty lame too.

PFFT>..

So, your saying. that If I roll a clanner as my first character, that I should be Clan forever and ever. That me paying the 12 dollars everyone else pays does not entitle me to enjoy all aspects of the game? and that if I wanted another character that was omni, i would have to buy a second account?

That is a totally lame and stupid idea.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

there is more than 1 server and yes thats what im saying, pick a side. how much fun is it trying to RP with guys on both sides?

and i didnt say u couldnt have an omni and clan character on 1 acct, just not on 1 acct on the same server.
    -Rhalla OMNI Fixer RK2

i dont see what ur saying...
    -Rhalla OMNI Fixer RK2

whine whine whine, if u want pvp play a game whit more "fps" and more skills... like quake.

There u dont have "titles" but u will get respect for your name.

Ok, I haven't posted for about 6 months now but I had to reply to this one and simply say:

Keep your mouth shut because all it does is make your face look stupid.

PS-Read what you write next time and you might actually find what you just said had to be about the stupidest suggestion I have ever heard. EVAR

stead of flaming like the rest of the nOObs, why dont u enlighten me as to why thats a bad idea, even tho it works AWESOME in other games??
    -Rhalla OMNI Fixer RK2

u guys can come up with better flames than calling me stupid, FC wont ban ya from ur precious game if u call me an **** sucking ******* will they?
    -Rhalla OMNI Fixer RK2

stead of flaming like the rest of the nOObs, why dont u enlighten me as to why thats a bad idea, even tho it works AWESOME in other games??
    you dont say why its a good idea

well see above, a thru e, change those and thats a start
    -Rhalla OMNI Fixer RK2

there is more than 1 server and yes thats what im saying, pick a side. how much fun is it trying to RP with guys on both sides?

and i didnt say u couldnt have an omni and clan character on 1 acct, just not on 1 acct on the same server.
    1. I don't RP, yeah, you heard me right, I just play the MMO part and take the RPG part out. It's a game after all and I play whatever I want as long as it doesn't break the rules.

2. Only one server has a lot of people on, the others are deserted almost or use a different language so they don't count (and yes, I made chars on them).

3. If you wanna play a game where you can have only chars in one faction go play Neocron , it has one server where you can make only one char so that you don't make for example a implant making mule and stuff or join 2 factions.

P.S. Usually I don't feed trolls, but now I got to wait on clicksaver to update database.
    Last edited by Zamolxis; Nov 25th, 2002 at 18:32:05.

Back to the topic.

The reasons PvP will never work in AO are:

1. People can't take a beat down without screaming nerf.

2. Titles
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

I belive you are the newbie. Fairly first of trying to force Roleplaying over others. Bad idea. ;P Being not able to trade with omni <-> clan is also a bad idea... Ever heard of selling spionage information? Dunno..Much that can improve PvP, but i wouldnt really say this is... Such good ideas im afraid.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

it would have been good if u could only be one faction per server like in daoc. would eliminate spies and stuff, and improve faction loyalty instead of hoppers

Originally posted by Wideboy
    it would have been good if u could only be one faction per server like in daoc. would eliminate spies and stuff, and improve faction loyalty instead of hoppers
    absolutely. Fyi- I used to have a clan alt just for the purposes of listening to guild leader chat, only to discover how useless that ability was. How stupid is that?

Personally, I would have sold 2 seperate boxes for AO, one for each side (and maybe give them the option to start "neutral", if they must). I would have also made it 1 char per server... But, that's just me, I like a game with challenge and a real "sided" feel to it. Why would you have to have characters on both sides of a conflict to enjoy the game? I think it's more fun that all my characters have a vested intrest in Omni supremecy.

Or, perhaps everyone should have started neutral, and had to work to gain a "side" (I think SWG works this way)

Anyway, we're just talking about what "could have been", so none of this matters. Nothing will change, the uberleets out there will have everything handed to them on a platter. No use crying over the possibilities, just suck it up and play by what exists.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Originally posted by Wideboy
    Of course, it doesn't eliminate spies at all, as we found out in DAOC. People just buy a second account to create characters in the other realms/factions. So having multiple characters in both organizations really is just as well.

However, I agree, it shouldn't be possible to team with the other side, I also don't think that you should be allowed to gank people on your side, unless there are dire consequences for doing it.

But then, why am I talking about this? I've already pointed out that PvP in an RPG doesn't work for numerous reasons, so I take my PvP in UT and Quake, as someone else said.

Re: why pvp in AO will never be good

why pvp in AO will never be good.
    You're insane. PvP in AO is ok. There have always been a few annoying broken aspects of PvP, and 14.6 introduced a couple more changes (bugs?) making PvP a bit sillier, but overall it can be a real rush. I happen to like dueling with intelligent people instead of battling retarded NPCs with horrible AI.

I also love the rush of mass PvP against the opposing faction (last night's Tarasque GS1 had 3 big Omni/Clan fights in the box room -- A total blast).

As for nothing to gain from PvP? I gain the ability to play the game and not just do missions. I gain better tactics and strategies for defending myself in both PvP and PvM. I meet new people. I learn strengths and weaknesses of other professions which I don't play. You can even work towards PvP titles. It's a challenge, and they don't mean much to some people, but if you earn it, it can be very rewarding.

If you don't want to PvP, you don't need to do it. But coming here to preach about why it sucks is silly

I think what you meant to say is PvP in AO will never be perfect or totally balanced -- And I'm ok with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast