Thread: Throwing Grenades !?!

Throwing Grenades !?!

Copy from Patch Forum, since it don't get any responses there I throw it here too.
    --------------------------------------

Tried out some of the throwing grenades, that turned out to be a sick joke, here's my observations:

May Fly Throwing Grenade
    These has to be built, you find the tools in the trade section. You can only one assembled at the time since it's unique!!! To activevate it you have to have skill in ElecEngineering, and Grenade to throw it. It dissapears after 20 second if you don't throw it. This is AoE dmg it seems...

QL44: 1.5k for the parts, 202 EE/Grenade, 199 Chem dmg
    QL73: 3.5k for the parts, 336 EE/Grenade, 230 Chem dmg
    QL91: 5.5k for the parts, 417 EE/Grenade: 317 Chem dmg
    QL151: 15k for the parts, 681EE to active, and description said 681 Grenade to throw it but got a message that said I needed at least 900 Grenade to throw it.

HSR 23 Throwing Grenades
    You can buy these at shop, they are stacking as a cluster. You only need to right click it or put it in you shortcut bar to throw it.

QL76: 345 Grenade, 48 projectile dmg
    QL94: 425 Grenade, 58 projectile dmg
    QL104: 470 Grenade, 64 projectile dmg

At least I thought May Fly was going to do very good dmg since it's unique and you have to make them all the time, but doesn't seem like it. I really hope this is a bug and FC is going to fix it!!! 15k for a single AoE shot is expensive, so is the skills needed...

any comment?

They do almost 0 damage.

This needs to be fixed.
    TEC Robomatic
    Nanomage Liberation Front

stun effect

Being a trader I don't need to waste ips on grenade to try them out. So I got a few that I can use and headed out to the mission.

The first time I used it, I was so stunned at the damage, a WHOPPING 64 projectile dmg !!! OMG...

Anyways, I wasn't about to throw it in the can since I spent a few bucks on the damn friggen thing. About half way through the mission and about 60 grenades I realized that there is a second or so of stun effect. This allowed me to squeeze another shot and hopefully an alpha/crit. To my amazement, I was able to kill a mob with fewer heals which I regularly do without the grenades.

So.... I'm not sure if this is used to stun mobs.. well the description says it does not kill them, so.. I guess u use it to stun them to death while you work your alphas and so forth.

Even with this amazing item/weapon, I have never tried it again since that time cause it's an ExtraSpaceOnTheToolBar that I don't have.... BUT, I am building a Chocolate Surprise Doc, 'toydc', so if ya see those muffins send me a tell
    Last edited by toytd; Dec 10th, 2002 at 00:23:18.