Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: traders...

traders...

being as i am 191 trader
    i know somethings about my class

i think low lvl traders are way too powerful
    but at my lvl we arent
    any trader my lvl who tries to drain a 200 doc with high NR is gonna get countered , hell i couldnt drain a lower lvl doc
    and for some godawful reason i cant resist doc's dots and init debuffs with 931 NR on Full D....
    Vs. Enfs it goes like this, they rage and counter
    smash us up
    only chance to win is hope u drain them off to bat so u can root and heal urself and come back to fight
    Vs. Soldiers
    If a soldier Alpha Strikes u , u gonna prolly die
    i have managed to comeback from it tho
    if u can manage to drain them up they in trouble
    just one of those things
    Vs. Docs
    2 DoTs *cough overpowered* and Init Debuff and ones who resist drains, which there are a few who do, u in trouble, time to zone
    Vs. Agents 100% Crit Buff is any low hp chars demise
    just hope u can run out of their range when they do it
    Vs. Advant Dmg shields are a mofo
    usually pretty decent fight tho

So lemme ask FC this
    in all the time i have played a trader
    why havent we gotten anything worth a crap in pvp thats new?
    we arent gods at high lvls
    our healing capability is mariginal
    our Hp is limiting

MAKE US NEW SHOTGUNS THAT GIVE COMPARABLE DMG TO FRICKING ENFS SOLDIER ADVENTS
    SORRY CYCLING THRU AS ON A PERSON WHO RESISTS UR DRAINS ISNT ENUFF

WE NEED OUR LOVE TOO =]

Gump?
    James J. Hill: "Give me Swedes, snuff and whiskey, and I'll build a railroad right through hell!"

Quoting Vapid
    "being as i am 191 trader

i think low lvl traders are way too powerful"

Then he says...

"in all the time i have played a trader
    we arent gods at high lvls "

Someone sounds confused.

2 DoTs *cough overpowered* and Init Debuff and ones who resist drains, which there are a few who do, u in trouble, time to zone
    LOL didnt hear that one yet, Dots overpowered? So you actually feel its overpowered having a 270 slooow and 215 dmg fast dot, slower then a gun, 2700 nanocost for only 1.5min at you while the doc does 7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-300 as-7-7-7 dmg to you?

Currently dots are the only means of dmg besides AS(or manex burst) docs can do.

Once a trader lands b oth debuffs its easy for you. I dont mind though, you may be my nemesis if you want, ill just kill some engies that dont run.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Re: traders...

Originally posted by Vapid
    being as i am 191 trader

i think low lvl traders are way too powerful
    but at my lvl we arent
    any trader my lvl who tries to drain a 200 doc with high NR is gonna get countered , hell i couldnt drain a lower lvl doc
    and for some godawful reason i cant resist doc's dots and init debuffs with 931 NR on Full D....
    Vs. Enfs it goes like this, they rage and counter
    smash us up
    only chance to win is hope u drain them off to bat so u can root and heal urself and come back to fight
    Vs. Soldiers
    If a soldier Alpha Strikes u , u gonna prolly die
    i have managed to comeback from it tho
    if u can manage to drain them up they in trouble
    just one of those things
    Vs. Docs
    Vs. Agents 100% Crit Buff is any low hp chars demise
    just hope u can run out of their range when they do it
    Vs. Advant Dmg shields are a mofo
    usually pretty decent fight tho

So lemme ask FC this
    in all the time i have played a trader
    we arent gods at high lvls
    our healing capability is mariginal
    our Hp is limiting

WE NEED OUR LOVE TOO =]

And vs MAs? hehe
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

WE NEED OUR LOVE TOO =]
    Dont make me smack you with a used diaper.

Re: Re: traders...

Originally posted by Wren "Stongrel" Warren

Dont make me smack you with a used diaper.
    I thought "ewww" when I read this

Then I saw you're atrox

even more ewww!

Damn you, now I look into my coffee and think ewwww

and so does this thread, but that one my friend, you brightened up

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

2 DoTs *cough overpowered*
    not nearly as overpowered as stacking debuffs
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Dots overpowered..

Stop it, laughing hurts right here (_o_)

Anyways

Can't land that 100% divest on a doc? MMhmm. Divests almost always land, takes a few for plunder but they seem to always land too.

You don't need more stuff in PvP.

I mean you have damn good crowd control, amazing debuffs, high AR, roots, snares, AE roots, heals, nano drains, AC drains, DMG boosters. What else do you want?

We don't need more stuff in PvP (or PvM). The only real thing we need (and we aren't alone) is for nano immunity on mobs to go away.

Doctor DoTs are not overpowered.

Traders don't have snares.

Traders have crap AR until drains are running, at which time we have very good AR (1150-1200ish).

Divest does not "almost always land" unless my opponent is at full agg, in which case I'll land both debuffs easily. I'm getting tired of hearing about how easy divest/plunder are to land from people who aren't casting them.

The debuff is now completely removable as soon as you lose aggro. These work very well in mass PvP when you can't really stay locked onto a single target all the time.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Hmm guess they don't have snares :P.

Against most, I should have said they have a high probablity to land. 2h0 goes that way many of times. 10 of us zone out, then 6 zone right back in and warchat is filled with "WTF, full defense and I'm plunderd and ransacked and this and that".

Asmoran, I agree 100% that nano resist on mobs needs to be drastically reduced. I think that the fact that I can't do any damage to mobs is crap, so it must suck for you to be stuck at whatever AR you have cause you can drain them.

But im thinking more and more that hitting a player should cancel the debuff. But then tons will say the doc ones should be the same way. I dunno, what if:

1) Mobs NR was drastically lowered

2) NR on deprives went to 150 or so, and plunders went to 200?

Or is that too high. i know my 110% nukes, I feel, should be lowered to around 50% but that seems like a different case. Maybe you don't agree.

I'm pretty sure the reason why FC didn't make the debuff break is because they are paranoid about it being exploitable. A trader could just drain himself and have a grey mob hit him to break the debuff.

I don't see this as a problem, I'm just assuming this is what FC is thinking. Like PE said earlier, I don't care if drains last for 2 hours as long as I don't have to sit there like a level 62 for 3 minutes.

Vs. Docs
    lol, ouch ouch, stomach hurts.. stop it! stop it!!!

You are totally fine with an init debuff on you. I am not fine with divest on me.

Traders are uber?

I give 10 millions to trader who can beat me 1v1 self buffed now.

Here is a story abut how uber traders.

So i got mine new divest/resank resitance buf the 17% one (thanks to the guildie) and here i got to test it in 2HO i was prety much self buffed didnt have rrfe just got MC mastery so i can cast my high end dots and mochams web 25% nano cost reduction.
    I didnt have rrfe or essence or any other buff.

So here i zone into 2HO i buff short HP hot and recharge walk to the hat and buf my nanor esistance buff when grace is out here i get messange player XXXX forces your NCU run divest advanced which i ressited so i tabed trader who was orange to me i ini debuff him i stuck two my best dots on him that took me all together 5 seconds i bursted him and did 2 regular shots that took him down to half health. Note the trader had rrfe couse i got also alphaed by his solider friend. But when trader tried to divest me i resisted again and was almoust done to him when he started to run to zone. I use my root graft on him and watch him die to my Dots while i am killing soldier. yes i did get divested from third try but my hots were enough to keep me healed when i fought solider and i made him also run to zone.

After that i went to tir arena and killed two more traders in duels. One was very long one went fast couse i resisted alot.

So how uber traders are even if they cant kill a slef buffed doctor with help of the soldier?
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Re: Re: traders...

Originally posted by Sheffy

lol, ouch ouch, stomach hurts.. stop it! stop it!!!

You are totally fine with an init debuff on you. I am not fine with divest on me.
    Shefy.... its hard to land divests on us now... and if you dont land it trader is inactive for 6 seconds becasue of recharge.

Yes dots actual can kill trader wrack and ruin together with sentinent are quet strong.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Hmm guess they don't have snares :P.

Against most, I should have said they have a high probablity to land. 2h0 goes that way many of times. 10 of us zone out, then 6 zone right back in and warchat is filled with "WTF, full defense and I'm plunderd and ransacked and this and that".
    I think more people fight at full agg than are willing to admit.

Asmoran, I agree 100% that nano resist on mobs needs to be drastically reduced. I think that the fact that I can't do any damage to mobs is crap, so it must suck for you to be stuck at whatever AR you have cause you can drain them.
    I think I have 815 AR without drains... 1163 with both divest and plunder advanced running. It takes 3 drains to ladder up to both. Usually I open with normal Divest and then go for Plunder (Advanced), so it's slightly lower until I go to refresh divest with Divest (Advanced).

With 815 AR and no AS in PvM... well, Noer and Rznr slapped me around for using my Ithaca last night on a unique mob that was immune to drains, but even with the vektor my damage was pretty bad. I imagine this is slightly more than your weapon AR as an NT, but not much different.

But im thinking more and more that hitting a player should cancel the debuff. But then tons will say the doc ones should be the same way. I dunno, what if:

1) Mobs NR was drastically lowered

2) NR on deprives went to 150 or so, and plunders went to 200?

Or is that too high. i know my 110% nukes, I feel, should be lowered to around 50% but that seems like a different case. Maybe you don't agree.
    Hmm... breaking on hit is an interesting idea. The problem here being that it already wipes out half my nano pool just getting the drains off in the first place plus the 6.5 second recharge on each. Our drains would need to be reworked for us to use them as debuffs in that scenerio.

In NW, there are supposedly towers that increase divest/plunder NR by 50%, which will mean 150/240 instead of 100/190.

Also, with the new virus scanners, you can clear the hostile drains from your NCU as soon as you lose aggro. While this is pointless in 1 on 1 (since you won't lose aggro), it's actually quite effective in mass PvP. Had several people doing this in the battle south of 2ho yesterday... quite frustrating for me when I'm used to using drains to get PvP "adds" off my back.

Btw, I cannot beat an enforcer since 14.7, even if I predrain... it's not even close. Been trying various tactics and I get absolutely slaughtered every time.

I've been killed by NTs (you being one of them). I've been killed by MAs (if I don't root... I have a tough time rooting MAs right now... just doesn't feel right). Soldiers are not a problem for me to kill. The few Adventurer fights I've had recently have ended with me at reclaim with little to no effort (I'm doing something grossly wrong here, I think). Fixers aren't really a threat to me, but I can never kill them either. Doctors are not really a problem but it's a long long fight. Agents either instakill me or they are toast. I haven't had any fights with MPs or engineers or crats recently.

Now, there is supposedly this NR exploit. I don't know what it is, and I don't want to know what it is... but I want it fixed. It may be that there are several traders using this that are causing the false impression right now that NR is broken.

Pomy, let's duel again sometime. I beat Sheffy using the store-bought NR nano and I'd like to see the difference with the higher one.

And you can keep your credits even if I do manage to win.

Sure Asmoran

Re: Re: Re: traders...

Originally posted by Julia

Shefy.... its hard to land divests on us now... and if you dont land it trader is inactive for 6 seconds becasue of recharge.

Yes dots actual can kill trader wrack and ruin together with sentinent are quet strong.
    I can't self-cast the highest DoTs without gimping my TS for HP/HoT. Apparently you can't either since you said in your previous post you had MC Mastery.

Plus, if divest does land the first try (which it can and does, it's just a roll of the dice anyway), I can't cast any DoTs that actually make my opponent feel anything other than an annoying tickle. I can cast lower init debuffs, but big deal

The example you used about killing a Trader in 2ho (when, heh, you weren't self buffed in the least) using the two highest dots which you can't self-cast with your normal implant setup is a horrible way to judge whether a class is easy for you to kill or not.

Asmoran and I dueled self-buffed for a good 15 minutes a couple days ago (note I am 200 and he is around 175 or so) and he promised *not* to use plunder. I eventually won, but there were some very close calls in his favor. Had he used (and landed) plunder, the fight would have been just stupid (p.s. nano/AC drains are very strong)

Originally posted by Julia

So how uber traders are even if they cant kill a slef buffed doctor with help of the soldier?
    Everyone and their mother know the answer to this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast