Thread: PvP Fix, Consistent with Game Mechanics.

PvP Fix, Consistent with Game Mechanics.

It really irks me that there is a different set of game mechanics for PvP and PvM. In implementation it is very sloppy, and leads to circumstances like the pvp crit nerf which utterly Fubared MA's.

It is time to pull the collective heads out of the bingholes here and come up with a PvP solution which is consistent with PvM game mechanics. Being good in PvM and PvP should not be two different things, and applying band-aid solutions time after time untill its such a friggen mess any semblance of PvP balance is totally unattainable is not the path we should be walking down!

My suggestion stands as this:

Get rid of all the special BS PvP mechanics, reset it to work just like PvM. Take all damage from all weapons, nanos, items and damage shields, cut it clean in half. Cut mobs HP in half. Done, finished, finito.

*Edit* Leave MOB damage the same, just thought I'd clarify that.
    Last edited by Isisnorfret; Nov 25th, 2002 at 03:44:08.

I've been rethinking this over and over and over.

Halving all damage and mobs hp wouldn't be the last thing they would have to do of course, but I think it would be a more stable platform that they could use to make other changes to reach whatever state they desire for PvP.

Crits would for instance still perhaps make fights very short. Along with enforcer's high base damage weapons.

They could, for instance, take the maximum base damage for martial arts and switch it with the crit damage.

65-500(280)

Instead of

65-280(500)

And also reduce the crit % gained by the MA crit buffs just a smidge, to make the damage over time balance out (or even be a bit lower if longer pvp fights is the goal.)

As for enforcers and their awesome regular damage now.. well.. even though I'm an enforcer and loving it, it really does go against the whole longer pvp fights approach to the game. Some changes might be needed there as well.

All I'm saying is, these things really should be done in a consistent and comprehensive manner. Nerfing crits in PvP only is really a half-arsed way of approaching it. This kind of approach is only going to cause more and more problems which continually have to be fixed. I've seen it happen since I started playing and you know what? I really don't see how any progress has been made in the way of balancing. Over a year and STILL at any given moment at least 3 professions are shafted. With a more comprehensive problem-solving approach there is no reason there shouldn't have been extremely significant progress made in this time.

Its time FC really starts thinking about how they approach these matters.