Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So traders kick your lil pansy *SS boo hoo for you

I killed trader with my ql 97 mauser chemical streamer... It actualy worked alot better then my madly oed ql 200 mauser.

The funny part of the story is i had to ask that trader for wrangler after so ic an put my gun back on
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Mercatura
    I see, so any non-trader with a scope must've not counted eh? Or anyone with a MA buff higher than the best scope.

So are you as clueless as him or ?
    Funcom musta switched the Happy Gas with Sensitivity Gas lately or something

I've been a Trader through most of release. And as a non-scope Trader for most of that career (and now a Bow Trader really to confuse the crap outta people), I know for a fact Traders don't crit much at all even when fully Divest/Plundered unless:
    1. They have outside help
    2. Their target forgot evades
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Arrow

The point is "any sane player buffed crits" nothing to do with traders and his magic jelly bean theory.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Kuroshio

Funcom musta switched the Happy Gas with Sensitivity Gas lately or something

I've been a Trader through most of release. And as a non-scope Trader for most of that career (and now a Bow Trader really to confuse the crap outta people), I know for a fact Traders don't crit much at all even when fully Divest/Plundered unless:
    1. They have outside help
    2. Their target forgot evades
    Attack rating has a direct relationship with crit %. At least thats the general knowledge of it.

Originally posted by Piercingevil

Attack rating has a direct relationship with crit %. At least thats the general knowledge of it.
    I've NEVER used a scope with my trader. ATK rating may have an affect on crit chance but it's miniscule. Ask any trader and think about why Traders complained so much when the crit scope nerf went through. Cause we know boosting ATK barely affected crit chance and they were stuck with crit dependant weaponry (cept me cause I hated shotguns)

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I've NEVER used a scope with my trader. ATK rating may have an affect on crit chance but it's miniscule. Ask any trader and think about why Traders complained so much when the crit scope nerf went through. Cause we know boosting ATK barely affected crit chance and they were stuck with crit dependant weaponry (cept me cause I hated shotguns)
    To be honest the reason why traders *****ed when the crit nerf went through because it was going to equal the start of balance.

I remember traders saying that the heal nerf was unfair, that without heals they were dead, when everyone couldn't come close to touching a trader. Now its done and at least docs and enforcers can kill them some times.

The crit nerf was a call for balance. When a chance for balance comes that might ruin some peoples chance of being gods, they call it a nerf or whining on the boards. Ive heard tons of posts saying docs were the reason for that nerf. And the truth is no matter how I feel about traders now, when they had their heals they were healing better then docs, yet the still swore it wasn't unfair.

To be honest the reason why traders *****ed when the crit nerf went through because it was going to equal the start of balance.

I remember traders saying that the heal nerf was unfair, that without heals they were dead, when everyone couldn't come close to touching a trader. Now its done and at least docs and enforcers can kill them some times.

The crit nerf was a call for balance. When a chance for balance comes that might ruin some peoples chance of being gods, they call it a nerf or whining on the boards. Ive heard tons of posts saying docs were the reason for that nerf. And the truth is no matter how I feel about traders now, when they had their heals they were healing better then docs, yet the still swore it wasn't unfair.
    But that's off track (and if you scan back you'll find me on the opposite side of most traders on both of those subjects). What is on track is whatever the increase in crit chance ATK provides, it is an insignificant amount. So Divest/Plunder do very little to affect crit chance, which any trader would have told you and why I mentioned scopes in the first place.

Well the trouble is the exact formula for dmg isn't known 100% accurately. But the crit nerf hurt anyone, and hurt non-trader shotgun wielders more.

But I do notice a big difference from a fully drained trader and a non-full drained trader. At least from the recieving end.

Atk rating has a huge affect on crit %. Analagous is the difference between a mob's ams and the dms of a GA'd fixer. At certain points the ga'd fixer is hardly crit on but hit often, then there's the cases where they're barely touched. In my own experience i've used krutt, home def, vektor and ithaca all with UVC, my 15% and TIM scope. Even with my current comparatively gimpy crit %, on yellowish mobs (200 vets/masters) i'll crit slightly more often than 2 shots out of 5 when fully drained with an attack rating of at least 1.3k. Basically what i'm getting at is that a threshold exists somewhere in the dmg calculation where any increase over that point has a more dramatic affect on your likelihood to crit...

Oh and pomy you're absolutely right - having a lower q lvl back up gun is one of the most effective ways to prepare to fight a trader. As far as smg's go i'd suggest the lvl 71 gamma ejectors: they have low req's and do huge dmg for the skills required. So fixers, get one or two and unless you're fighting trader's with mochs up don't b*tch too much cause you're not trying hard enough.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Originally posted by Abid
    Oh and pomy you're absolutely right - having a lower q lvl back up gun is one of the most effective ways to prepare to fight a trader. As far as smg's go i'd suggest the lvl 71 gamma ejectors: they have low req's and do huge dmg for the skills required. So fixers, get one or two and unless you're fighting trader's with mochs up don't b*tch too much cause you're not trying hard enough.
    That may work great for soldiers or whoever can self equip their own weapons, but if I get plundered I would have to swich to a very weak shotgun, in addition I would have to swap implants again just to get my Snakemaster back on.

In short now Trader (as always) and Enf are TOP Dominating PvPer due to thier ability to have atk rateing 1.5k+ which kinda OVERKILLS the evades of most people enabelign them a greater chance to crit so Deal with it, they the deadliest but not the best :P

NR helps alot with trader... but if u see a enf just.. Try? to run >

sorry but a trader can t go over 1.3 selfbuffed and enf have the same attack rating with challenger not 1.5

and with against someone with evade maxed and implanted u don t do so much crit even with crit buff try a crit relient weapon like river or ithaca and u ll see some 10 15 crappy hits before landing a single crit now

What an enf cant go over 1.5? hehe, yes they can.
    It requies alot of special items to do so, not that everyone can get it. Also the new challenger changes seem to give more attack rating. 960 at 83, go figure huh?

I was in a mission with an equal level trader, I was using the new enforcer weapons, and he was using a Tranq Home Defender.

He had around 880 buffed, I have 960 (if I get a sens mast for a better 2he buff) Now, non of us had scopes, but when I turned on other hit other, I see hit crits more than me, why? I hit faster (more chance of a crit) I have more attack rating, and even with flurry (13%crit) I hardly get any crits.

Like when playing my martial artist, uvc, 15% scope, tts and 1k+ evades fighting a doctor with far less attack rating, best mop and 15% scope.. yet he crits more than me.

I tell you, this game is so far up someones a** it isnt skill related anymore, the effort put into getting 100% out of your char does nothing.

Merc, I didnt MEAN what I said, all im saying its when im playing my trader I crit people more than with a char that is the *crit* class and has more attack rating. You should understand, there is no need to go off making stupid comments like that, you didnt even discuss or ask what i meant ;/

Originally posted by Abid
    Atk rating has a huge affect on crit %. Analagous is the difference between a mob's ams and the dms of a GA'd fixer. At certain points the ga'd fixer is hardly crit on but hit often, then there's the cases where they're barely touched. In my own experience i've used krutt, home def, vektor and ithaca all with UVC, my 15% and TIM scope. Even with my current comparatively gimpy crit %, on yellowish mobs (200 vets/masters) i'll crit slightly more often than 2 shots out of 5 when fully drained with an attack rating of at least 1.3k. Basically what i'm getting at is that a threshold exists somewhere in the dmg calculation where any increase over that point has a more dramatic affect on your likelihood to crit...

Abid, I never used a scope nor did I bother an MA for crit buffs my entire career as a trader. I now use a Schuyler Bow with my Trader. I've seen no noticeable increase in the number of crits I do when running Divest/Plunder vs not running them. The only reason why I run them constantly is for the nanobuffs.

The crit modifier from ATK is negligable from my observation. You've already said you've polluted your observations by using a crit scope, TIM scope and UVC.

Abid, I never used a scope nor did I bother an MA for crit buffs my entire career as a trader. I now use a Schuyler Bow with my Trader. I've seen no noticeable increase in the number of crits I do when running Divest/Plunder vs not running them. The only reason why I run them constantly is for the nanobuffs.

The crit modifier from ATK is negligable from my observation. You've already said you've polluted your observations by using a crit scope, TIM scope and UVC.
    Are you useing weapons that dont require crits to do damage?

When using ithaca you will notice every crit because thats the only way you will do any damage.
    Like abid said at least 2/5 shots are crits at least when fully drained.

There dose seem to be a diffrence with certain guns and how often you crit, ill crit 1/8 with krutt and 1/6 with X-9 pistols when fully drained (theses a reason i dont crit like mad with these and its because i havent raised pistol skill, iv been able to equip ql 200s with only drains to boost the skill), this is with out any outside buffs.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Originally posted by Xzantrial
    [B]What an enf cant go over 1.5? hehe, yes they can.
    It requies alot of special items to do so, not that everyone can get it. Also the new challenger changes seem to give more attack rating. 960 at 83, go figure huh?
    an enf can t get those attack rating without 132 and a crat speeche

all add to off buff are bugged it s just visual

and plz do not talk about mobs we are talking about some player evades which are a lot higher than those from the poor vets u are fighting player have implants buffs and armor to buff their defence over 1K

Ever wondered why when you are lvl 1 you dont crit on leets and then when you are lvl 185 even without scope or any buff you crit on every leet?
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Julia
    Ever wondered why when you are lvl 1 you dont crit on leets and then when you are lvl 185 even without scope or any buff you crit on every leet?
    You're forgetting Evades. I remember more than one person that forgot to raise evades after the complete ip reset and discovered how important evades were.

Originally posted by Gunandahalf
    what ive noticed is if you try to use a debuff on someone and it gets resisted (right at the beginning) you as a trader go down pretty quickly

Yes I do have a trader, against an enforcer is it pretty hard to win!
    but if they try to drain you and you resist, you can get them down to below 50% in that time
    then they gotta chose to either heal, or try again.. if they heal then you can pound them easily if they try to drain again they are left with like 10% hps and they are dead

just max nano resist, and go on full def!

but if they kinda land it first time run or something along those lines
    Heh I thought traders ate babies and were unbeatable.

Half

The difference in understanding the way things work, how to set up the Y bar, what to use when. This is what Im talking about.

Why do I have to spell everything out for you, Noer. Are you just dense? A NT at lvl 20 and a NT at lvl 200 have a very similar way to play. You adjust for NI and you have your nukes, your layers, your roots, your calms. The only difference is the dmg you do to mobs.

My doc now has the same exact setup and play mechanics. I have my dots, my heals, my team heals, my init debuff. As I level I swap old ones with new ones.

Get it?
    Every few lvls my approach to playing my trader changed, sometimes drastically. Why? Because we have alot of options, and we have to choose between them. Some traders chain spam team heals, others don't, some use single heals/health steals, some don't. Some uses calms instead of heals, some people use nano steals, AC drains, team wrangles. Some double drain in missions, others don't. If you think you have a clue at lvl 20, then you really are clueless and stoneheaded as you come across.

Half

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast