Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So traders kick your lil pansy *SS boo hoo for you

So abid why are you crying? Lose a title or something?

Hehe my experiences of a high level trader is this.

Debuff to kingdom come, a lil bit of ROOTING?! here and there, and CRIT CRIT CRIT CRIT, HEAL! CRIT! HEAL...

Im very much sure debuffs give you not only a attack rating boost, but some secret CRIT MODIFIER cuz hell, I crit more on a trader with less attack rating than on another char with almost 450+ more attack.

Originally posted by Xzantrial
    So abid why are you crying? Lose a title or something?

Hehe my experiences of a high level trader is this.

Debuff to kingdom come, a lil bit of ROOTING?! here and there, and CRIT CRIT CRIT CRIT, HEAL! CRIT! HEAL...

Im very much sure debuffs give you not only a attack rating boost, but some secret CRIT MODIFIER cuz hell, I crit more on a trader with less attack rating than on another char with almost 450+ more attack.
    Two things. First, attack rating versus evades affects critical chance. Second, you are level 97. Low level = 1-100, Medium Level = 100-150, High level = 150+. A high level anything will crit like mad against you. You simply don't have the evades to match our attack rating.

Oh, and you clearly don't understand this entire thread.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Originally posted by Kromoz
    you were alone against 5 clanners, you died
    I was alone against 2 omnis just after that, I died
    then we were 2 clanners against 4-5 omnis, we died ...

I don't see the problem here ?

Abid posted some propositions to adjust drains, noone is considering them
    most people just see that we "can" debuff them for -182, I'm getting tired of this
    the point was that even though i wasn't going to fight you, you can just cripple me and urn off to fight someone else without much effort at all. just casually eliminate me without killing me. even rapid palsy doesnt quite do that : P
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

If you want drains to be in line with everything else in this game, then you should have a seperate drain per ability. You want to drain me? Then you better look at my gun and drain smg. You aren't using an smg? Too ****ing bad. Drain me again for whatever weapon skill you are using.

Divest is 100%. It and ubt are the two single most overpowering unbalanced nanos in this game. If it is to stay 100%, then the effects need to be changed. Btw. I can still deal damage while drained. Not much, but some. Ubted on the other hand...hah. :P But we don't cry about doc slows I guess, since docs don't deal damage. They have all that defensive power (re: slows/heals) but they don't have uber damage.

I don't really like nerfing, but can some trader actually tell me that they want the rest of us to have debuffs that are on par as a divest?

Originally posted by Nothinman

the point was that even though i wasn't going to fight you, you can just cripple me and urn off to fight someone else without much effort at all. just casually eliminate me without killing me. even rapid palsy doesnt quite do that : P
    New thing called virus scanner, use it.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

Originally posted by Zylina
    I don't really like nerfing, but can some trader actually tell me that they want the rest of us to have debuffs that are on par as a divest?
    Sure, if we get weapon and nano skills on par with the other professions. Then we can all be the same and professions mean nothing.

Or sure, if you want the weapon and nano skills we have. Then again, you could just roll a trader.

Originally posted by Trader Doug

sure, ill buy 500 of them and everytime a trader debuffs me ill zone and spam that, just to pop out and get drained again... with a tap of the button.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Trader Doug

Ah, wonderful.

So we have a virus scanner to help us if we aren't aggroed anymore. Problem is by the time the aggro is off us we already have the debuff off us, thanks to the reclaim.

Sure, if we get weapon and nano skills on par with the other professions. Then we can all be the same and professions mean nothing.
    No one wants to be the same professions Asm, look at chess, different pieces, different moves, but all are very powerful. AO may never be balanced, but screw the fact that the trader is the queen of AO.

Abid posted some propositions to adjust drains, noone is considering them
    most people just see that we "can" debuff them for -182, I'm getting tired of this
    No, we all saw it, but what should we consider it for? We don't make the decisions, we just would like to hear some traders say "I can understand how powerful it is but I need the AR boost" instead of saying "You suck if you can't beat me" or "Traders are underpowered" or "You whiners this and that".

If the whiners are the majority, maybe there is something wrong.

Originally posted by aaronb

Two things. First, attack rating versus evades affects critical chance. Second, you are level 97. Low level = 1-100, Medium Level = 100-150, High level = 150+. A high level anything will crit like mad against you. You simply don't have the evades to match our attack rating.

Oh, and you clearly don't understand this entire thread.

Um, im 97? Hehe..no.. My enforcer is 76 and this isnt or wasnt my only account.

170 trader anyone? Dont start throwing accusations around like that aaronb, its just stupid.

Anyway, why do people always judge on level, Ive probably been playing this game much longer than you, newb

And you didnt read carefully did you, to make it more clear.. player a (trader) has 1100 attack, player b (any prof) has 1450 for !example! even tho, a has lower attack, will crit more on the same person, even if having both the same critical %.

I dunno, from what ive seen, experienced and PLAYED traders seem to crit more often.

And yes, I have been witness to this, from abid himself, having an access of 1000 evades. Then to fight a class with much more attack rating, like an enforcer and have totally different results.

but isnt this thread about people saying tradera are uber, and those saying stop whining, and endless process of 'WAAAH'.

Complaining, Whining, different things.
    We 'do' pay for this game so we have an opinion, I will respect your views, but ehehe, if the most feared proffesion that can turn ANYONE into pre 100'gimpdom and a click of a button, I would have been that, but im sure it said TRADER when i first played this game, not combat vamp.

EDIT: Aaron I would send you a private message, but seems your dont accept them for some reason. Oh and yes, I could 'somehow' beat traders as a NT, debuffed with just my shotgun and lil ole NS.

But now it seems every proffession should be able to pvp on thier own.
    Or, make those who were concieved to be support or non fighters to end up as one, and fighters to become really bad at it, mas, soldiers... They gone from good, to really good, to..useless ;why bother;
    Last edited by Rioko; Nov 26th, 2002 at 05:53:27.

Arrow

And you didnt read carefully did you, to make it more clear.. player a (trader) has 1100 attack, player b (any prof) has 1450 for !example! even tho, a has lower attack, will crit more on the same person, even if having both the same critical %.

I dunno, from what ive seen, experienced and PLAYED traders seem to crit more often.
    Wow, can I get the magic 'traders get a hidden crit bonus' jelly beans?
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Oh, my apologies then, Xzantrial. I misinterpreted your stupidity for ignorance.

Originally posted by Xzantrial
    Anyway, why do people always judge on level, Ive probably been playing this game much longer than you, newb
    Well, for one, you're making it very apparent that people who have been playing this game for a while can be totally clueless.

what ive noticed is if you try to use a debuff on someone and it gets resisted (right at the beginning) you as a trader go down pretty quickly

Yes I do have a trader, against an enforcer is it pretty hard to win!
    but if they try to drain you and you resist, you can get them down to below 50% in that time
    then they gotta chose to either heal, or try again.. if they heal then you can pound them easily if they try to drain again they are left with like 10% hps and they are dead

just max nano resist, and go on full def!

but if they kinda land it first time run or something along those lines

ok, my 165 trader has around a 885ish attack raiting, now if we cant drain an enforcer (which is really hard to do) we have no chance of winning.

If u want to nerf/change trader drains to half or what ever why not give us better heals, a shotgun / Attack raiting buff.

Also if they want to half trader drains they need to chance the resist to make it easy to land because there would be no point in draining a enf of 75 skills or so, i wouldnt waste half my nano pool to do that i would be better casting BM incomp just to stop them layering/mongo and chain healing myself (not an enforcer expert).

Another thing, a lot of traders depend on there drains to cast trade skill nanos suck as mastros, wrangles and what have you.

btw my traders not a gimp
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

[i]reduce the duration of the debuff but keep the skills on the trader elevated. and then lock it so you can't deprive that person again for 3 minutes. [/B]
    Hmm, fighting a high level doc am unlikely to kill them in 3 mins, so say ur talking about making drains last 1 min 30 secs, this would mean that if an not able to kill a doc in 1:30 they can cast CH, Init Debuff, DoT x 2.

Just wouldnt work imo

Aren't the boards more fun than the game?

Originally posted by Jank
    Aren't the boards more fun than the game?
    Still as entertaining as always.. rofl
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Mercatura

Wow, can I get the magic 'traders get a hidden crit bonus' jelly beans?
    You had it...It was called "Any sane trader owned a crit scope"....Least if they went PvP/Shotgun
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Arrow

I see, so any non-trader with a scope must've not counted eh? Or anyone with a MA buff higher than the best scope.

So are you as clueless as him or ?
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Hmm what I have heard Is the chance of an Diviset Plunder to stick Counted With the Skill the Trader has in his nano skills against your NR,

YA i dueld Nerfmee When he had drained up before fight, Dont know if he had mochies also,
    But i was on full def With my 1.5kNR And i BOTH Drains stuck on me on the first try, Maybe it was all luck but i doubt it,

Was a little pist losing to an Trader 60 lvls under me, When i usualy have realy good chances fighting Traders my own lvl,

Also been hearing about some trick for traders to use to Get thier drains to stick at once,...

So all i say If the drains chance to hit me is depended on Nano Skills, Then Change it and Make it so its a fixed number... Or if there is a "Trick" to get Drains to stick, Remove it.

Then Just leave traders alone. They are fun to Fight, So dont Nerf em.

Hmm dunno if i made any sense with this post but i have been awake for about 25 hours now, so Yhall have to excuse me for... Bah why am i writing excuses i should just press the darn reply button...
    Bigmongo 200 Enf RK1 Proud Member Of Svea Rike
    (Born July 23 at 18:11 2001) Reached LvL 200 after 80 days and 6 min of play time the 21st aug 2003)

Iammongo 63 Crat RK1 President Of The Mongo Family
    "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
    - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)

-=[I may be Bad but i feel Good]=-
    - I AM NOT FAT I AM BIG BONED

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast