Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So traders kick your lil pansy *SS boo hoo for you

the day they giw me unresitabel nukes or 5% NR nukes you can do what you want to NR.. i cant nuke Enfs becous of ther NR somtimes i have problems nuking GA fixers (but i have the GA killing nuke for that) anyone whit maxt NR and 3 clusters have a good chanse of resisting my nukes..

so if you "Fix" the NR the NTs will be the biggest gimps in pvp ever. so dont nerf NTs becous you all want Drain nerfs
    w00p w00p!!

Originally posted by Turin

Fine huh? Thats why, on full def, maxxed NR, with a bright and faded cluster on ( not shining ) WITH my doc NR buff going, and ql200 Morphing NCU, I was still drained 7 out of 10 times?
    Yeah, because divest is 100%. No way a plunder lands 7 of 10 on that.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Originally posted by SS
    Edit

nm heh

hehehe...

make drains 40% just like max damage and other classes "might" have a chance.

what a think of traders

Although they are ridiculously good in pvp they are at the same time quite hard to play and hard to twink so at least thats fair. But fixers on the other hand are pretty basic really (most complicated thing they have to use is the Agg/Def bar) yet they are still equal (if not better) than traders (im speaking on a general scale here, obviously a lame fixer can be wasted by a really good trader of the same level).

What im trying to say is that a trader is a hard class for a skilled player to use and be exellent with, whas anyone can just pick up a fixer and go (especially if they are rich enuff for GA 4). Seems a tad unfair to me :/
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

Re: what a think of traders

Originally posted by Whiteboog
    Although they are ridiculously good in pvp they are at the same time quite hard to play and hard to twink so at least thats fair. But fixers on the other hand are pretty basic really (most complicated thing they have to use is the Agg/Def bar) yet they are still equal (if not better) than traders (im speaking on a general scale here, obviously a lame fixer can be wasted by a really good trader of the same level).

What im trying to say is that a trader is a hard class for a skilled player to use and be exellent with, whas anyone can just pick up a fixer and go (especially if they are rich enuff for GA 4). Seems a tad unfair to me :/
    Fixers go down fast vs. NTs, crats, MPs, traders.

Soldiers, docs, and enforcers all have a fair chance against fixers.

So tell me how this makes them comparable to a class with no "hunters", only prey.

Re: Re: what a think of traders

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    MPs
    Sorry but no, they don't. Try playing the professions you're so prone to talking about.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by Noer

lmao

And NTs rock totally, because they own the newbie backyard. Can't be much difference on a lvl 4 and a lvl 200 NT. Its just different nukes.
    The difference in understanding the way things work, how to set up the Y bar, what to use when. This is what Im talking about.

Why do I have to spell everything out for you, Noer. Are you just dense? A NT at lvl 20 and a NT at lvl 200 have a very similar way to play. You adjust for NI and you have your nukes, your layers, your roots, your calms. The only difference is the dmg you do to mobs.

My doc now has the same exact setup and play mechanics. I have my dots, my heals, my team heals, my init debuff. As I level I swap old ones with new ones.

Get it?

Originally posted by Highjack
    A) Let drains reduce skills, but not OE equipment as a result.

or

B) Reduce skill drain on target while transfering full amount to trader.

or

C) Reduce duration to 30 seconds?
    30 seconds?

If drain durations where changed to that i would never do another mission, i hardly do missions any more because am so tired of them, Drain (counter), drain (fumble), drain (counter), drain Sucsess, and thats just the divest thats "easy" to land...now if i had to do that every 20 seconds i would pull my hair out and when all my hair on my head was gone....

Other points sound fair enough, i would rather see the drain just effect nano skills instead of attack skills as am sad to see that im able to make a 200 soldier/MA and other profs miss me 6 times in a row

This means the only reason i would drain a Soldier would be to stop him casting tms-x twice.
    Last edited by Jankkar; Nov 25th, 2002 at 20:12:46.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Originally posted by Jank

30 seconds?

If drain durations where changed to that i would never do another mission, i hardly do missions any more because am so tired of them, Drain (counter), drain (fumble), drain (counter), drain Sucsess, and thats just the divest thats "easy" to land...now if i had to do that every 20 seconds i would pull my hair out and when all my hair on my head was gone....

Other points sound fair enough, i would rather see the drain just effect nano skills instead of attack skills as am sad to see that im able to make a 200 soldier/MA and other profs miss me 6 times in a row
    Nah, not 30 seconds on the trader, 30 seconds on the target. I say in pvp make them like the doc longer init debuff. A few hits and the deprive breaks.

Originally posted by Letah
    Quick but nice solution: Make NR work 50% better.

This would at least give non-NR-based professions a chance to resist them as well, as now only NR based stand a fracture of chance.
    Did'nt doctors just get a new Nano resist line of nanos, which are made esp for Divest/Plunders?

If Traders can't drain a doctor is it possible for them to win?

I think not because traders are the gimpy doc's with lower nano pool, no dots, no init defuff, no complete heal and so on.

What are the profs that can beat a doc and are over powering for a doc to fight? MP, Trader and some MAs if ur not to good.

now that only leaves 9 profs for docs to have an even or easy fight with.

Now look at traders, am not speeking as a level 200 Trader here but i am talking about fighting other prof at 200.

Enforcer mabey will win 2/5 times against a good pvp enforcer.

A good pvp doc can be really tough in a "duel" if in mmd it can be easy if u can land divest first before init debuff.

NTs can resist a lot too not as often as they should and when NS is down = end of contest.

Fixers that u cant land 2 drains on and u probebly wont is damm hard and there likly to win bcause ithaca hasnt got the best of alphas unless ur lucky enough to get a good AS and Crit fling.

MPs, now if u can calm heal pet and land one debuff before they can land NSD u have a good chance of winning, if they land NSD first ur best to run away for 30 secs or what ever.

Agents have a really good chance of beating a trader, nuff said.

A good MA also has a fair chance.

So i have 7 prof's with a even/good chance of beating a trader (if there ip'ed for fighting one).

PS. Leave us alone

Yeah, a good MA can beat a trader heh....seems like you haven't seen a MA PvP since 14.6 hit live.

Originally posted by Jank
    Did'nt doctors just get a new Nano resist line of nanos, which are made esp for Divest/Plunders?

If Traders can't drain a doctor is it possible for them to win?

I think not because traders are the gimpy doc's with lower nano pool, no dots, no init defuff, no complete heal and so on.

What are the profs that can beat a doc and are over powering for a doc to fight? MP, Trader and some MAs if ur not to good.

now that only leaves 9 profs for docs to have an even or easy fight with.
    Do do you even play a high level Doctor? *sigh* How can you honestly know what professions are easy/hard? Just based on what other people assume because they lose to a Doctor?

Just because I can spank an Adventurer who has no clue how to PvP does not mean Doctors own Adventurers.

No, I don't want Traders nerfed. But yes, I do want people to stop thinking we (Doctors) can easily beat every profession but Traders and MPs. Its just not the case.

If you want real life examples of self buffed duels, I can't beat an agent in Trader form. I can't beat high level Adventurers who play wisely and aggresively (Patk9 for instance, is a real pain in the ass ). I had a 10 minute duel with Earthmonster, self buffed, and at the end I barely won and I had 30% health and 5% (or less) nano left. Very close fight, very FUN fight I also have serious problems against Enforcers with the new weapons (Queen Blade, EQB, Punishment Rod, etc) because if Palsy doesn't land (they have superb NR), we're toast.

And just FYI, I've tested our new deprive/ransack resist line with a couple Traders since the patch and let me tell you -- all they do is buy us perhaps 20 more seconds to attempt to kill the Trader before he gets past the slightly worse odds of landing Divest. We may resist one or two more than usual, but it'll still land. 14% chance of resist is not astronomical. Then the Trader has 3 minutes to land plunder or refresh divest while draining my nano and ACs. Sorry -- the new resist nanos are nice, but certainly not a game-changer. You still own Docs unless the Doc gets lucky.

[edit: to chain-refresh our new uber nanos (30 second duration, and fairly high nano cost), we will simply run out of nano much faster than before anyway. Trader/Doc fights always end because someone runs out of nano or gets lucky with Aimed Shot ]
    Last edited by Sheffy; Nov 25th, 2002 at 21:39:26.

Do this.. Rearrange the divest plunder lines.

Make one affect nano skills, and one affect Weapon skills.

That way, if I as an NT (or anyother casting prof) still has the abililty to shoot with a non OE'ed weapon. And vice versa with weapon weilding classes. example.. Hit a doc with a weapon divest, they can still heal. Hit em with a nano reducing divest, they still have a chance with weapon damage.

As it stands if anyone gets divested ALL skills are sucked away. Make them have to land two programs to make me useless instead of just one. Maybe a stupid idea but it's a thought.

Originally posted by Sheffy

And just FYI, I've tested our new deprive/ransack resist line with a couple Traders since the patch and let me tell you -- all they do is buy us perhaps 20 more seconds to attempt to kill the Trader before he gets past the slightly worse odds of landing Divest. We may resist one or two more than usual, but it'll still land. 14% chance of resist is not astronomical. Then the Trader has 3 minutes to land plunder or refresh divest while draining my nano and ACs. Sorry -- the new resist nanos are nice, but certainly not a game-changer. You still own Docs unless the Doc gets lucky.
    This is the problem with drains. 190% chance of resist doesn't mean its not going to land. It means it will lands a couple casts later. If I fight in 2h0 or MMD or even duels in the arena and a trader is there I will always have a debuff on me, and most of the time two.

Originally posted by Sheffy

Do do you even play a high level Doctor? *sigh* How can you honestly know what professions are easy/hard? Just based on what other people assume because they lose to a Doctor?
    Shot ]
    Was a question with my opinion afer it, might not have been right as you have pointed out.

It's not just duels.. i was running around 2ho and kromoz debufffed me, i had GSF and stuff i was all alone way outnumbered.. but he managed to cast a -182 debuff on me making me totally useless for 3 minutes unless i zone and use those virus things. It's so easy for a trader to toss one of those on you and your crippled.. even -182 and me personally i cant do jack squat : /

reduce the duration of the debuff but keep the skills on the trader elevated. and then lock it so you can't deprive that person again for 3 minutes.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

you were alone against 5 clanners, you died
    I was alone against 2 omnis just after that, I died
    then we were 2 clanners against 4-5 omnis, we died ...

I don't see the problem here ?

Abid posted some propositions to adjust drains, noone is considering them
    most people just see that we "can" debuff them for -182, I'm getting tired of this
    Last edited by Kromoz; Nov 26th, 2002 at 00:20:49.
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast