Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: So traders kick your lil pansy *SS boo hoo for you

Originally posted by Piercingevil

This is the problem with drains. 190% chance of resist doesn't mean its not going to land. It means it will lands a couple casts later. If I fight in 2h0 or MMD or even duels in the arena and a trader is there I will always have a debuff on me, and most of the time two.
    Let me drain you in Tir Arena, see how "easy" it is for a plunder to land.

Plunder lands if I get LUCKY. Let me duel you (me unbuffed, you with whatever buff you got) and see if I can kill you more than 6 out of 10 fights.

Stop basing opinions on fly by encounters. Fight a trader over and over and see how uber plunder is

Or are you too scared to fight a lvl 200 trader?

Half

Originally posted by Nothinman

sure, ill buy 500 of them and everytime a trader debuffs me ill zone and spam that, just to pop out and get drained again... with a tap of the button.
    If plunder lands with a tap of the button, it means

your NR is seriously gimped.

I hardly EVER see a plunder running on me in 2ho. Even after I dropped my NR from 954 to 850

Half

Originally posted by Kuroshio

I've NEVER used a scope with my trader. ATK rating may have an affect on crit chance but it's miniscule. Ask any trader and think about why Traders complained so much when the crit scope nerf went through. Cause we know boosting ATK barely affected crit chance and they were stuck with crit dependant weaponry (cept me cause I hated shotguns)
    You're using a non-crit weap and expect to see a difference after divest/plunder? Try MoP, TTS, 15% scope and see if you don't crit. How about 8 crits in a row AND 17K alpha to boot?

Half

Last post

Stop making ridiculous nerf suggestions, nerf cries. Post constructive ideas fair to everyone in game(follow Abid's lead, he made a few). This thread is BS

Half

Originally posted by Halfdeck

You're using a non-crit weap and expect to see a difference after divest/plunder? Try MoP, TTS, 15% scope and see if you don't crit. How about 8 crits in a row AND 17K alpha to boot?

Half
    No, I don't expect to see a difference. That was the entire point. Divest/Plunder barely affect crit chance, contrary to what others are saying.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by Kuroshio

No, I don't expect to see a difference. That was the entire point. Divest/Plunder barely affect crit chance, contrary to what others are saying.
    In fact it does by mathes, totally besides the point on the thread btw. The offset between ams and target dms becomes larger, therefor making the crit chance higher. AMS vs DMS, AMS becomes 420 higher, enhancing crit chance.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Halfdeck

Let me drain you in Tir Arena, see how "easy" it is for a plunder to land.

Plunder lands if I get LUCKY. Let me duel you (me unbuffed, you with whatever buff you got) and see if I can kill you more than 6 out of 10 fights.

Stop basing opinions on fly by encounters. Fight a trader over and over and see how uber plunder is

Or are you too scared to fight a lvl 200 trader?

Half
    I duel traders all the time, thats why I know how often it lands.

This isn't a opinion based on fly-by encounters. This is my opinion after being drained many, many times by many, many different traders.

I duel traders all the time, thats why I know how often it lands.

This isn't a opinion based on fly-by encounters. This is my opinion after being drained many, many times by many, many different traders.
    hehe, you are suggesting plunder are landing every time? Sorry, either you are full of lies, got no nano resist or havn't tried since they fixed nano resist. You choose.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Originally posted by Noer

hehe, you are suggesting plunder are landing every time? Sorry, either you are full of lies, got no nano resist or havn't tried since they fixed nano resist. You choose.
    No, it doesn't land every time. But it lands every fight. I have about 900 NR, full defense. Divest lands probably 75% of the time, plunder about 50%. But the problem is they recast one, or two times and then its on.

I'm not a liar, and I have NR, you just think you know it all.

If a trader lands a plunder every fight he/she/it either has some serious nanocost modifying buffs and a HE ticking or using ql400 nano stims heh.

Trying to land a plunder 5 times in a row and your nano pool is gone.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Piercingevil

Title lvl 5 NT cant have 900 NR without loosing shining MC...

677 base + 100 from implants =777 lets say 40 from notum focus x2 that puts us into 813 to far away from 900...

I have 900 Nano resistace with doc buff and you saw that i ressited half of your nukes at full defence.
    Imagine how easy to resist plunder with my NR and + 17% from anti plunder/divest buff.

it took 3 tryes to land divest on me for lvl 200 nanomage trader.

And she was right if she cant get divest in first place she is toast.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Here is reference to plunder skill advanced

http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...asp?AOID=85845

cost 429 nano points.

lvl 200 trader avarage solitus has 4k nano pool maybe higher correct me if i am wrong my lvl 200 trader with gaily painted hood had 4k nano pool. Nano pool implant conflicts with HP, ranged ini, nano in.
    Also trader cant afford to use Hardcore CPU upgrade becasue they do realy need NCU.

Lets say trader failed to land plunder 3 times 1.2k nano gone add on top of that nano it took to heal, nano it took to land divest.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Lemme see...

818 NR

I resist some plunders - but I'm also fighting full def.

Need to put in Morphing NCU and 2xNotum focus also for some more NR..

Is NR broken?

Don't think so - just traders stopping the fight in 75% zone to cast drains making specials impossible to launch being the big problem.

Solution?

Work up your NR as much as possible - think about weapons as well..
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

But to make a post in line with Abid's opening...

Make Divest debuff nano skills (it is the nano skills that make and break every profession)

Make Plunders debuff attacking skills (rifle/pistol/MA - you get the point)

Give traders the full benefit of the drains as they are today.

Why nano skills on divests? Nano relient classes got the best shot at a high NR - hence a better chance at protecting their main armoury.

Like I mentioned above, Nano skills is the maker and breaker of classes - everybody can use a rifle, smg, beam - you name it, but its through the nanos that each class possesses that they become what they are, and not clones with different skins.

The key here is letting Traders keep the full effect of the drains, but cutting the debuff part down in half.

Comments?
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Arrow

Hey Noer, didn't you say something like "I wouldn't wear a gaily hood on my trader" ?

Though I remember when you saw how ugly azure helm was on test, you didn't hesitate to slap on ol' gaily
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I wasn't playing a trader on test.

No, it doesn't land every time. But it lands every fight. I have about 900 NR, full defense. Divest lands probably 75% of the time, plunder about 50%. But the problem is they recast one, or two times and then its on.

I'm not a liar, and I have NR, you just think you know it all.
    With 900 NR I resist my own plunders 22 out of 32 casts. For those that can't do the math thats 10 plunders landing out of 32. The problem here is that even with high NR I can get unlucky and get hit with a plunder the 1st cast, after which I'm screwed for 3 minutes.

As I said, lower the NR% on plunder and make it wear off sooner than 3 minutes depending on the NR on the target. Otherwise high NR means jack ***** once plunder sticks.

No one duels the same guy 10 times in a row. They fight a trader, lose, then walk off.

If you want to see a plunder at work fight me 10 times in a row and see if I can land one every fight. I'm only freshmen so what the *** do you have to lose?

Is Gunnandalf the only NT in this game not scared of traders?

Half

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345