Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: So traders kick your lil pansy *SS boo hoo for you

So traders kick your lil pansy *SS boo hoo for you

Unless you want to manage a traveling menagerie, being a trader is the most complex profession to play (and dealing with horrid pet pathing isnt the sort of challenge i was looking for). With aoe roots, calms, heals, health transfers, ac transfers and skill drains.... we have a whole lot to keep us busy. In fact, no matter how uber your lil trader twink is, unless you've lvld him to a respectable position in the 75-200 bracket of pvp you're only deluding yourself by believing you have a legit grasp of what goes on while playing a trader.

So now we have our problem: everyone 's been massacred by traders and resents it, and everyone thinks they know how easy it is to play a trader cause they twink out some lvl 30 and run around the arena like they're god.

To 'align' traders with say, a NT in pvp is rediculous. NT's (and i dont play a nt so correct me if i'm wrong here) use their nano skills to run dmg causing nano's on people while at the same time shooting. So in order to not be overpowering i'd guess we should leave your nano skills and attack rating alone while we sit back and heal. Oh yeah, we'd be crappy docs then.

Traders and NT's aren't balanced, we're not supposed to be. The whole drain thing is pretty much designed to screw over your nanoskills (Notice fixers w/ GA and doc's are nano skill reliant and also often the leaders of the ban the trader campaign). This is'nt or shouldn't be news to anyone. The self-righteous stupidity of this thread lies in the attempts of people who've been abused by good traders to come up with some sort of revenge on the whole profession.

Look at what the drains are doing to YOU and come up with a better idea. The incessant whining just sounds like the adults in charlie brown cartoons.

I've mentioned some ideas that would marginalize the EFFECTS of drains on others without adjusting an already fragile profession (fragile as in the amount of concentration and continual adjustment required to win as a trader... as opposed to alpha, tms, get up grab a coke).

"TMS should either up NR insanely or just resist 75% of mediocre nanos (140% set as standard perhaps: 140 is nsd 100 for divest/slow 190 for plunders).

Drains should not affect a weapon's OE calculation, the drop to attack rating is plenty significant without exacerbating the problem.

Finally, how about a parry [edit: parry has 2 "r"s ] based deflection shield that ups nano resist."

Piercingevil: how about altering NT's layers so as to absorb a significant portion of debuffs?

Other options should be possible. Have the strength and orriginality to come up with something better than: it hurts me when they do that, it should be cheating. Realize that no one worth listening to is suggesting traders are anything besides the best pvp class.

In your holy and righteous zeal of bringing down the mighty and making the valley's full please remember that you dont even understand what's required to play the class you feel so confident in dissasembling.

Think more on how you perform and stop trying to tell other professions what is so wrong/unfair about themselves.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Note to self: "New Thread" button is on the left, "Post Reply" on right.

Ah well other one was getting out of control anyway.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Amen brother! Seems better that this is in it's own thread too.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

2 lines of debuffs, one for nano skill, one for weapon, lessen nano cost

1/2 time of debuffs, 3 min is retarded long, atleast on the neg effects of person you drain, not in pvm though.........it's a pain in the rear to keep drains up

They put in a thing to get rid of the debuff, its called Virus scanner, it's sold in the medical terminal of shops with health kits and such.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

Yeah next time i fight a trader (never gonna happen ;p) i'll ask him to stop atacking me, sit down, use virus scanner 3 times to get the drains off and then resume the fight get drained again and i'll repeat the above mentioned steps

virus scanner is a good thing for when you zoned out of the fight you dont have to sit on your butt and wait for 3 minutes each time but thats it, it doesnt fix the actual problem.

Trader is hardly a difficult profession to play. My trader is now lvl 20 or so, and I can't imagine much difference between now and 200 besides swapping old nanos for new ones.

The funniest thing about this post is the title. Tradres kick your lil pansy ass. No, not quite. Traders are the msot devestating in PvP to the highest majority of professions. Read my poll.

Drains hurt too much, and last for too long. Fine, dont' nerf traders, but you sure as hell should give all the remaining professions a change against the professions that "has no combat abilities".

Yeah right, Funcom ****ed up and designed the trader too powerful in PvP.

The only thing that doesnt make me a 'NERF TRADER FAN' is because they have pretty much no defence in mass pvp. They die fast. They are like NT's w/out NSD. Duel are bull**** and thata where all the traders hate come from.. Now with the Virus Scanner they cant bunker-hop and just debuff u for 3min.

Edit

nm heh
    Last edited by SS; Nov 25th, 2002 at 08:47:29.
    SS - Grandmaster of Fall Damage

Property of the Devil

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for anyone drops to zero

Suggestions what can be done to drains.

1. It doesnt lower your skills only your attackrating both for nukes and weapons.

2. The two lines doesnt stack on the target, the trader get both benefices but he cant use the same target to use both his lines on.

Dont shorten the time on them its short enough for pvm already, step out of your pvp-box and realize the bigger part of RK doesnt do pvp.

If drains need a fix make it so it gets the same fix for both pvm and pvp, its the same game we all play after all.

A) Let drains reduce skills, but not OE equipment as a result.

or

B) Reduce skill drain on target while transfering full amount to trader.

or

C) Reduce duration to 30 seconds?

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Trader is hardly a difficult profession to play. My trader is now lvl 20 or so, and I can't imagine much difference between now and 200 besides swapping old nanos for new ones.
    lmao

And NTs rock totally, because they own the newbie backyard. Can't be much difference on a lvl 4 and a lvl 200 NT. Its just different nukes.
    Last edited by Noer; Nov 25th, 2002 at 11:10:37.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Originally posted by Noer

lmao

And NTs rock totally, because they own the newbie backyard. Can't be much difference on a lvl 4 and a lvl 200 NT. Its just different nukes.
    Hahaha...

Yea, they totaly owns the newbeee backyard...
    Nerf NT's...

Quick but nice solution: Make NR work 50% better.

This would at least give non-NR-based professions a chance to resist them as well, as now only NR based stand a fracture of chance.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Letah
    Quick but nice solution: Make NR work 50% better.

This would at least give non-NR-based professions a chance to resist them as well, as now only NR based stand a fracture of chance.
    Guess who this will hit the hardest. NTs. Please no more screwing around with NRs. Its fine now.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Re: So traders kick your lil pansy *SS boo hoo for you

Originally posted by Abid

Look at what the drains are doing to YOU and come up with a better idea. The incessant whining just sounds like the adults in charlie brown cartoons.
    hahahaha

For the love of god dont make NR any stronger unless they intend on making all our nukes 5% NR instead of the 100% that all our high end main sources of dmg are.

Yeah..NR

Sure...boost NR with 50% more Letah....

My 1510+ selfbuffed Nano Resist is going to love that boost....
    Sure, boost NR. Good idea.

:P
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Guess who this will hit the hardest. NTs. Please no more screwing around with NRs. Its fine now.
    I don't mean mobs, I mean us. When I fight NT's they never told me its hard to nuke me 0_o I'll test this some more then. Whaam never want to duel me tho I'll try grab an Xzan

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Fine huh? Thats why, on full def, maxxed NR, with a bright and faded cluster on ( not shining ) WITH my doc NR buff going, and ql200 Morphing NCU, I was still drained 7 out of 10 times?
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast