Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Broken since Beta: FIX Epsilon Purge! - Bump

Broken since Beta: Epsilon Purge! - RE-Bump 14.2 wont fix it!!!

Ok......................

NEW post:

Cosmik in doc forum sticky threaded
    (http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...868#post418868)

Epsilon Purge is self-only, with the exception it works on MOBs as well. The reason for this is because Epsilon Purge is a hostile nano program. What it basically does it strip the target of all hostile nano programs and buffs. So, it can be used on the Doctor themselves to remove any hostile nanos (and buffs) and be used upon any MOB to remove its buffs.

The reason we can't make this executable on other players is due to the possibility of it being abused and used in grief episodes. It would be far too easy, and silly, for someone to execute Epsilon Purge on another player in either the cities or out on the battlefield and strip them of all their buffs without their consent.

I know you all would like to use them on other players but that's just not possible at the moment. We have to take the lesser of two evils. I'll keep suggesting it be targettable in the hope it can be one day.

As you can see, it will wipe ALL buffs from NCU. Like any (lvl 180+) doc EVER will use that buff to remove a root/dot! Sheesh.

Old post:
    Im tired that we docs have such a nice nano, Epsilon Purge thats broken since the beginning. Its expensive for us (IP wise) to use it, pleaeaeaese FIX it!!! It does NOT work at ALL.

Docs, please help Bump, lets get them to fix this little thing!

BUMP
    Last edited by Letah; Apr 26th, 2002 at 14:39:49.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Yes! Thank you!

*Worships Letah on the ground*

I agree completely. I have obtained a full set of biomech, including the foreskin helmet, in the hopes that Funcom will one day remedy the problems with the modifiers disappearing when zoning. I'm still too low a level to use Epsilon(lvl 77 currently) but I can tell you now that I'm already starting to tire of doc crystals. Encode DNA? Awesome! Iron Circle? Money shots! but now I'm left wondering what next? Get on it Funcom. Being a doc is a noble profession...reward us for our perseverance.

bump the purge thingy fix. bump, i say, bump.

wanna enlighten an engi on what it does?

And at the same time fix the biomech cloak with a back spot to wear and maybe even some nifty gfx

bump again

Kalris engie: it wipes all evil ncu programs, self cast only. but.. does not work

bump

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Arrow plz fix it

*bump*
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

for the doc debuffes, there are 2 lines, ones that does more ini but less damage mod and one with less ini but more damage reduction. the first one acts like a root which can be shot off while the second one stays til time runs out. just thought i clear that up =)

Originally posted by Letah
    bump again

Kalris engie: it wipes all evil ncu programs, self cast only. but.. does not work

bump

I believe it actually says *attempts* to . .
    maybe it's just not trying hard enough?

anyway I hope this nano works out for you docs,
    and same with the enforcer rage line which is
    supposed to do the same thing . .

of course it should be a dice-roll as to
    if it is successful or not and to what degree. .

hope FC will provide some info here.

Here's a bump from an agent that wants the docs to get some lovin'

Biomech and Purge need to be fixed ASAP....

Biomech cloak should be an easy fix, just change the "wear:chest" to "wear:back"

As for purge, sounds cool! and would give the docs a chance against MP's!

EVERYONE SUPPORT YOUR DOCS!

Me wants purge to work....bump bump

swick out
    -If u have fun its a good day...erm um night, oh whatever u know what I mean!

-Any moron with a pack of matches can start a fire. Raining down sulfur takes a huge level of endurance. Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer.- Dogma

-It hurts doesn't it? Your hopes dashed, your dreams down the toilet. And your fate is sitting right besides you. - Rounders

-Swicky is trying having fun -

-Master Rock Collector-

-Proud Member of Ecodisaster-

not to ruin your fun but shouldn't someone with a good technical know-how have the ability to purge their NCU?? like say maybe engies docs having the computer skills to purge their NCU just seems wrong.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck
    not to ruin your fun but shouldn't someone with a good technical know-how have the ability to purge their NCU?? like say maybe engies docs having the computer skills to purge their NCU just seems wrong.
    most hostile nano programs(well dots anyways) are described as poisons...why wouldnt doctors be able to remove poisons?

Exclamation !!

I want my purge to work!!!!
    This has been brought up multiple times by Esmee and Swicky in the past. As docs we don't ask for much, we're not gimped, hurting, or in need of "balance", but one of our most useful nano's not working is rather annoying.
    How about some luv for your hard working healers?

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck
    Actually, honestly.... purging your NCU is the equivalent to purging Nanobots... Engies are the master of engineering... Fixers of computer skills.... but it's the docs/NT's/MP's who are the masters of controlling Nanobots.

RP

it makes sense docs get this,
    as they are basically curing a disease/virus.
    doesnt really matter if it's biologicial or technological,
    it's part of thier style and purpose.

engies should still be smiling about getting summon
    nanos that really ought to have gone to fixers. .

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast