Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PUT the grid back campain!!!

Put them both back!

And go through the code introduced with 14.6.... its buggy as it can be where lag is concerned
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

i want tir grid back !

By 5 is a ghost and "old" tir grid is ghost too ! that make me sick !
    Vaultcitizen ADV 190. Teh pistol gimpness
    Catspawgirl NT 171. Pnh/Ior Dispenser
    Mareva Fix 167. GSF, Hot and fix grid Dispenser
    Canigou MP 135. CI Dispenser
    Pipboy2001 MA 80ish in gamboling doing /fblock.

Rubi-Ka 1

allways /tell Vaultcitizen

I think they should be move dback., It was a great meeting place now its nothing.

Why does this always happen? There is a pattern I will reveal it soon!

I want MY GRID , MY BANK and MY TRASH CAN back at Trade center. I had no probleme at all with lag at Trade grid.

oh cmon guys

funcom FIXED a problem, their way, as always.

it was laggy in tir, and tir kept crashing

now..it is for some strange reason still laggy in tir, and tir does crash at times...but not as bad as b4!!

ofcourse..now tir country crash twice a day and the lag is 100 times worse there...

Angry THAT SUCK!

That really suck... now the bank/grid is moved where are all high lvl palyer for give us buff?!?!

I really hate to search for get simple buff like FG, ES, IC or a simple Essence of Behemoth >

BTW why funcom didnt moved the central statue?!?! and when they will place the wompas in the SW corner of trade and the Save Term to NW?!

FC i hate u >:P
    and i hope imnt the only 1

why not making 2 or 3 grid exit for the same city ?

Put back on the Tir grid and keep the new one too

Same for trade

and why not for newland (add a new one i mean)

But i think nobody will use the south gate term for tir cuz of his bad position, i recommand u Tir west gate or somewhere near wompa... but not too close of tir ft
    Vaultcitizen ADV 190. Teh pistol gimpness
    Catspawgirl NT 171. Pnh/Ior Dispenser
    Mareva Fix 167. GSF, Hot and fix grid Dispenser
    Canigou MP 135. CI Dispenser
    Pipboy2001 MA 80ish in gamboling doing /fblock.

Rubi-Ka 1

allways /tell Vaultcitizen

I vote no; the move was a smart one. I could never navigate the Trade center before; and though it is little better now, it is better. People are lazy and they will all congregate and sit around in the same place even though they are doing nothing but sitting there. Grid exits are lag-prone and should not be in the town square (NLC is a good example of how it should be). Maybe this will encourage people to find better/more specialized gathering places like the park in ent close to the Trade whompa, or even Rome Red. One change I would like to see is to split the pool in Rome Red in half allowing direct foot travel from grid to whompa. This would make a lovely but normally barren area more populated.

I liked both the bank and the grid in Trade Square. I vote for putting both back.

However, I prefer the bank over the grid - if by some miracle the putting of only one of them back was to be seriously considered. Bank has priority over grid; but I liked them both there.

Martek

Once again, the sad part here is that it appears FC does not *want* us to congregate. Anywhere. It only causes lag. They create a game that unabashedly forces us to group and seek buffs from other classes, but they actively make it more difficult for us to actually meet one another. Next thing you know they will get rid of the mission terminals in NLC because all of the people forming teams there cause too much lag.
    Skebet Omni lvl 181 MP

Yes!

I want my bank and my grid back. and beside if you don't lag anymore in trade it's only because it's a ghost town now.

BUMP!
    Give us Trade grid and bank back..

Originally posted by Amis
    Once again, the sad part here is that it appears FC does not *want* us to congregate.
    This is hyperbole; FC just wants you to congregate other than near the mass transit; kind of like large cities doen't encourage people to have picnics in the subways.

Perhaps an alternative solution could be made by moving the grid entrance SE (whompas are SW, Bank is NE, grid is SE of the central square)

In addition, having/adding more grid entrances could actually be a good thing. The way entertainment is setup now, (east and south grid entrances, but only one exit) could be expanded to other zones as well. In trade, for example, there could be grid entrances by east/south superior stores. This in itself would get rid of people having to run to the center of the trade just to enter the grid (or north in the current layout)

In any case, a sympathetic bump to this thread; I'd like to see the old trade layout back as well.
    Last edited by Loretta; Nov 25th, 2002 at 21:08:42.
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

Originally posted by Suzsu
    I vote no; the move was a smart one. I could never navigate the Trade center before; and though it is little better now, it is better. People are lazy and they will all congregate and sit around in the same place even though they are doing nothing but sitting there. Grid exits are lag-prone and should not be in the town square (NLC is a good example of how it should be). Maybe this will encourage people to find better/more specialized gathering places like the park in ent close to the Trade whompa, or even Rome Red. One change I would like to see is to split the pool in Rome Red in half allowing direct foot travel from grid to whompa. This would make a lovely but normally barren area more populated.
    Exactly, having an external grid entrance and exit has prevented NLC from having a huge friggin lag hole in the middle of the city.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Put the grid and bank back! That was a great place to go when you needed something done. You could go to the bank, find the profession you needed to ask for a buff and be on your merry way.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

Yes, I missed the MP/Doc on the rock In Tir BY5 square.
    Bring it back please.

HR

Put em' back! The Happy Rebel will now rarely be used :/
    Shade "Jaxin" Dathomir

All RK2(Rimor) characters.
    Rookie Jaxin Non-GA fixer 145 Days
    Freshmen Gigg GA fixer 34 Days
    Geleb Samurai Doctor 5 Days
    Rookie Jaxn Necromancer 12 Days

Push--> . <--Shove

Originally posted by Suzsu

This is hyperbole; FC just wants you to congregate other than near the mass transit; kind of like large cities doen't encourage people to have picnics in the subways.
    The equivalent of having a picnic in the subway would be everyone hanging out *in* the grid. Cities do, in fact, encourage people to congregate near mass transit. That is why transit terminals are often placed in the middle of cities.

For instance, I work in Times Square in the middle of New York City. Times Square and the rest of midtown Manhattan are dominated by huge office buildings containing hundreds of thousands of people during the day. The very reason that Times Square is, well, Times Square is because it is the intersection of at least 4 different subway lines. In addition, the main bus terminal is 1 block away, one major rail terminus is 4 blocks away and the other major rail center is 9 blocks away.

Removing the bank and grid term from the cenetr of Trade is the equivalent of the city of new york moving the Port Authority bus terminal to queens, Penn Station to the Bronx and Grand Central to Staten Island (all about 10 miles from each other) and then wondering why commuters are upset.

City planners realize that having people work and live (I live on the upper west side of manhattan) near public transportation is efficient and economical. Oh, and we manage to use public transportation without eating picnics in the subway.

amis
    Skebet Omni lvl 181 MP

Yeah, the grid and bank in trade was a great place for people to meet, talk..get buffs from, a communal.

Just because some whiney mofo cant play there, dont like it, dont stay there, or upgrade
    :|

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast