Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PUT the grid back campain!!!

PUT the grid back campain!!!

i dont know about others but i was running AO more or less fine in trade..with over crowding not any real issue(remember how it use to run)
    now FC has moved the grid and bank from centure.
    its only a small thing but i liked haveing a place where most the players hang out..it was the CENTURE!
    now its all messed up and not very socail at all..its just not the same all hanging out by the grid where it is now..it sucks
    u cant really hang out by main statue because thats the grouping and teaming meeting place..PUT THE BANK AND GRID BACK!

*bump*
    Please, moving the grid and bank made lots of people sad.
    Alysanda
    Lvl 215 Rubika 1 Omni Bureaucrat

Retroaction
    Lvl 176 Rubika 1 Omni Soldier
    Recourse
    Lvl 100ish Rubika 1 Omni Doctor
    Anarchist of TEEN GIRL SQUAD!

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard

Agreed. The moving of these has done nothing to solve the severe problems in Trade that were introduced in 14.6. It still takes three full minutes to zone to Ttrade, and 2-5 second pauses while walking around. This has nothing to do with the number of players in the city, it has to do with whatever changes you made to Trade in 14.6.

Bump.

Or put a grid and bank in ICC. :P

just put 1 back please. not both.
    either the bank or the grid
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Tir too. Now we have this big empty square that a couple guards wander around in.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by Evil "Evilspork" Spork
    Tir too. Now we have this big empty square that a couple guards wander around in.
    Yeah that's hella annoying to have to run all the way down to the S gate and zone outside...I liked it where it was by5 was right there, easy treatment machine/bank/save/mission booth and decent place to look at. As oppose to the grassy whatever by the new grid :\
    Yagyu for life

bump, trade grid move, jsut oved the lag to a borring lil patch in the north, that has no shops/banks.

Very big inconvienince no gain
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

I vote for Grid to be put back in trade.

I was ROFLMAO when I got on one of my clan chars to see everyone is parked by tir grid stiill, secpet for the fact that its outside. Way to go FC a seemingly useless tweak...

Put Grid and Bank back to Trade!

Lightbulb

Either put the grid back in trade, OR put a save inside the grid that doesn't change your rez location.

It would use last location saved at, or your default 'safe city' that you sometimes zone to when chain killed, I found out about that feature with some grimwolves in EFP earlier this year
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

For some funny reason Tir is still crashing, *and* you get the 18s ping outside Tir too.

What's interesting here it that is seems that what the players call a convenient social center, FC calls a lag culprit. I would think that there might be some basis to that, but it is sad that FC's incentives in designing our world lead them to destroy areas of socialization.

Does this mean that whenever players, being social creatures, find a convenient place to congregate, FC will move to destroy its usefulness? That is a sad thought: the players always on the run to find new areas to meet one another and maybe make a new acquaintance.

amis
    Skebet Omni lvl 181 MP

BUMP

PUT THE GRIDS BACK!!!!

Thumbs up

Shut the public grid system down all together, that should stop the whining ... :P
    Let only us fixers become the masters of the grid !!
    Best Regards,

Samuz

4ever seeking ULTIMATE POWER

Samuz - Lvl 155 - the original Blackshirt of Zuwadza nipple twistin' MP (RK1)
    Alphaville *4 ever young* - Lvl 112 GAMKII smurfy' Fixer (RK1)
    Digitize - Lvl 50 Solider (RK1)
    Samuz - Lvl 29 Beam whippin' Enforcer (RK2)
    -= Played AO since the Beta days =-

Timezone ; GMT+1

** Re-activated AO on May 1st after being gone and playing other games for the past 14 months - I feel like the total n00b **

BUMP...

Where are all the people when you need them now? For the +80, the tradeskillers.... everything scattered.
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

Agreed, move the Trade grid-exit back to the center, its quite annoying to have to walk halfway through trade to get to the whompa.

at least put the bank back!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast