Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PUT the grid back campain!!!

Why stop with putting the grid back to the old place in Tir? perhaps placing a grid terminal in the SW corner will solve a bit of the "lag" problem. We got whomba's in the SE corner, High lvl gathering point at NW corner, and then it would be grid point terminals at the last corners? anyone else who likes this idea? couz this lag outside Tir is just annoying + everyone kills leet's and stuff which makes it even more laggy outside

So... Bump for the return of the grid at BY5, and a bumb for a new terminal at SW corner

put the grid back in tir .. hate having to zone to get to grid..
    and noew all levels are mixed up difficult to get a team..

i very much like the corner idea. when you grid into tir, you could have a quick choice of whether you wanna grid into the NE or SW corners. everyone who wanted too would still congregate in the NE corner, but those who didnt want too could just use the SW corner. veery sly, i like. just like in omni ent, it prevents congestion because people grid into a relatively remote part of the city, but people can still grid back in from where all the people are gathered.

btw, the whole teaming issue could be solved if people used the chat channels a bit more. but then i'm a bit of a hypocrit as i aint had them on for weeks
    Field Marshal Londino, lvl 220
    Cutting through the forest of reason
    Veteran of Forsaken
    Former Soldier Professional

Silly doc thingy Londina, lvl 175+
    She needs tokens dont ya know.

Originally posted by Amis

The equivalent of having a picnic in the subway would be everyone hanging out *in* the grid.
    Wrong, hanging out in the grid would be like congregating on a train, just one where you control the stops and starts. You get on the train when you right click on the Grid access. My original analogy is apt.

For instance, I work in Times Square in the middle of New York City. Times Square and the rest of midtown Manhattan are dominated by huge office buildings containing hundreds of thousands of people during the day. The very reason that Times Square is, well, Times Square is because it is the intersection of at least 4 different subway lines. In addition, the main bus terminal is 1 block away, one major rail terminus is 4 blocks away and the other major rail center is 9 blocks away.
    You make my case eloquently. Anyone spending even a little time in Times Square sees the problems of overcrowding firsthand. If NYC could place its mass transit in other places and maintain convenience for users it surely would. The new grid location in Trade is still quite convenient, as are banks. I would imagine the change was made for other reasons than caprice.

Removing the bank and grid term from the cenetr of Trade is the equivalent of the city of new york moving the Port Authority bus terminal to queens, Penn Station to the Bronx and Grand Central to Staten Island (all about 10 miles from each other) and then wondering why commuters are upset.
    Wrong, I can crisscross the whole of RK in 25 minutes. The moves in Trade may add 15 SECONDS to your travel time. Please rethink your statement.

City planners realize that having people work and live (I live on the upper west side of manhattan) near public transportation is efficient and economical. Oh, and we manage to use public transportation without eating picnics in the subway.
    amis
    I too am a New Yorker. Here's another New York analogy. Trade before was like having a subway exit ON THE FLOOR OF THE NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE.

Thanks again for moving the bank and Trade Grid FC. Please leave them be.
    Last edited by Jutlina; Nov 26th, 2002 at 17:42:14.

Bump! put the grid back in trade!

bump

defintely!

we engies need da crowds to find da buffs!
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

PUT EM BACK!

well thinking about it ...its not the grid i miss but the bank!
    i want to trade from the bank in the ceture of trade..one point of
    trade makes it easy..ent sucks....TRADE traders unite!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123