Thread: PvP for all limit raised to 150?

PvP for all limit raised to 150?

Wasn't the fre-for-all-PvP-Limit raised from 75 to 150?

me (117ma) just got attacked by a 177ma in 2ho,
    u may guess the outcome...
    Even they wont raise the free for all PvP until NW comes
    out, or something is wrong here...
    Balcrush - 220.21 Martial Artist

I wish. But as it still stands now, I can go own a lvl 76 anything who has 100% NO chance against me.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

i thought they did change it already....?

well u me and 231761278126 other people heard the same thing. guess we wrong heh
    -Rhalla OMNI Fixer RK2

25%

Well - this may come as a surprise to you - but 2ho is a 25% zone.

Now, I agree. FC DID indeed indicate, that the ffa limit would be raised from 75 to 150. I've yet to determine if this has actually been implemented or not.

However...

Think about it. What we need a limit for? So you can run around /flippin' those of us in those zones who're actually attracted to this game for it's unique conflict aspects? So everyone is forced to organize hierarchical setups in those zones - and have teams or squads based on different levels? So those of us who, from time to time, actually needs to take a BREAK from levelling and go do something "for the good of <omni/clan>" once in a while (you know; try and get into the story spirit kinda thing) will be met with mockery and the idiocy of seeing this level XXX <omni/clan>-scum own the zone and you can do nothing to stop him?

H*** no!

25% zones are SUPPOSED to be dangerous. As you advance in skills (levels) they become less and less of a threat to you. What's wrong with that?

If you're not into this whole aspect of the game - as far as I know - you have no NEED or BUSINESS in those zones. Gawd knows, there's becoming less and less of them by the minute.

And even if there IS some kind of incentive that would force you out into one of the few 25% zones remaining, I would think the reward might just be worth the risk nonetheless.

This isn't about a "fair fight". This is about CONTROL. This is about WAR. This is the reason, many of us came to this game in the first place.

I say - s**** the ffa limit. If anything - FC needs to remove it entirely from 25% zones. If they really had a good reason to nerf down fun zones like Mort and PW etc etc - maybe THIS would be a good time to introduce the "missing %". A 50% zone, where the new proposed FFA limits WOULD be in place.

Just don't take the war away from us :-)

And certainly not because some 114 MA wants to be a big guy all of a sudden.

/Word
    Last edited by Upana; Nov 25th, 2002 at 17:05:42.

i hate the new level limits. PvP is one of the only reasons i level (so i can get to 200 and own level 75s and what not). I may as well just stay at the level im at now and fight people within my range.
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

Heh, Maddie, why'd u flame me like that angry post
    up there? Look at it, it IS angry!!

Well, first of all, I didn't say I didn't want to get attacked,
    I didn't say I went there because I thought the lvl-limit
    had been upped, I didn't say I like the lvl-limits at
    all, just pointing to the fact that we have been told
    the lvl-limit has been raised, but it hasn't.

FYI I went to 2HO to PARTICIPATE in a big fight Clan vs. Omni,
    I went there of my own free will, because I wanted to
    have a look, and a taste of NW be4 it comes out,
    not because I felt safe, or thought I was privileged
    not to be in the hgher end of the game yet, but because
    I WANTED TO TRY!

That post don't belong in this thread,
    I clearly asked a simple question of whether it had been
    raised or not, and hoped for some serious posts
    discussing matters, not a flame, or a nuke,
    take it easy man

Btw I'm not 114, but 117 , there's a big difference
    Last edited by Balcrush; Nov 25th, 2002 at 20:09:07.
    Balcrush - 220.21 Martial Artist

Smile Angry? Me?

H*** yeah, I'm angry.

Tho not at you - at Funcom. Reading it now, I can see my post could be interpreted differently - that was not my intent however :-)

Point is - I see more and more of the "conflict" in this game being stoved away in tidy little boxes whenever a new patch gets released - and it p****s me off. Moreso, because I believe FC is responding to complaints from a part of the player population who has no business (nor desire) to be in the 25% zone in the first place.

What is it? Is it like "Buhuhu, I wanna explore Mort but it's too dangerous when it's 25% ;(" kinda thing? I just don't get it.

In any event - if "we" (I KNOW I can't be the only one dissatisfied with the disappearence of more and more 25% zones) don't start speaking up for ourselves - things will never get better again.

We'll be confined to arenas and "duels" *gags* - where it becomes totally acceptable for an <omni/clanner> to watch his mate get slaughtered in MMD or 2HO since the fight is "honourable" and you're not supposed to help out.

Bah - 's all. Bah!

/word