Thread: Top 2 problems with AO

Red face Top 2 problems with AO

Anarchy Online is a fine game. However if these three problems are addressed, I think it will be Much better for everyone!

The inventory system MUST be improved. Plain and simple.
    -shuffling inventories and banks
    -infinite supplies of totally useless items
    -drag one at a time clunky system
    **These keep me digging into my packs for faaar to much time and with all the technology on Rubi-ka, SURELY there would be a way to systametize inventory! Do it by category, make it Easier for me to manage items. It could be searchable, etc.. Like a VISUAL File Manager.

Poor inventory system seems like a tactic to increase time people are playing, but I stronly feel that it detracts from my gaming experience. I want to PLAY, not move items all my life!!

#2 Lag.
    If it means deleting unplayed characters, items!!, or whatever it takes- reduce in-game slowness, memory leaks, Lag. The last patch signifigantly increased game server lag and we demand good response time to cast nanos with timing.

#3 Too many safe zones
    The game is realistic, Newbs do require alot of hand holding, and it is discouraging to get PKed repeatedly
    However, there HAS to be Several convenient, Frequently Travelled places (near town) to be Attacked by others and to fight others in free-for-all style. Conflict is the name of the game and at the moment the conflict is too Orderly, predictable, safe, and Boring!!

MMD was moving in that direction but is not travelled frequently enough to be too much fun. Guards were put in the cities preventing some players from getting to the other side's arenas. Do we Have to buy the new pack to get ANY good team Pvp? It seems so. The game is about teamwork and Fighting! So let em team up and FIGHT, funcom! So what if joe gets PKed on his way to some shops, or to bank?

The Major problem with PKing used to be Item Loss- which is not a factor now. So PK away for FUNs sake!

Make the zones roving, as if there are minor glitches in the system. The unpredictability will be very exciting.

Missions are too necessary and repedetive. More Static dungeons!! These are great! Give the teams reason to go out and hunt. Some will hunt, some will do missions, some static dungeons. Right now we do the Same Missions Over and Over and Over because Every Year it is the SAME. Let's vary it up, keep it rolling..

Good job so far.

See you in the GAME!

1+1+1+1=4

hmm

anyways, youve got the right idea, these problems do plague the every day life of many of us.

Originally posted by Jerrakean
    1+1+1+1=4

hmm

Shhhh...
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Where in Florida do you live?
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Where in Florida do you live?
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!

personaly i dont like PvP...but i think then idea of a OPTION to turn PvP on for peeps that like to would be a good idea, so when ya get outside of town away from the guards those that want can go at it ALL they like. =)

ur right to the bone AND why cant i attack players of my side in PK areas? Like MMD for example, if the other player is on the same side, no blood can be spilled, that should be rearanged for realism's sake! And it would be nasty as well and fun to gank ppl in the city, its not lame! Its just as realistic as in anyones real life! And more PKs areas plz!
    About the invetory, aahh, its a pain! I keep my things properly in backpacks, but it gets tiredsome to spend a lot of time putting in and out and freeing space from the main invetory, a new way of browsing should be addressed...
    "Death is only a change to be reincarnated in the recreation machine"
    -------------------

I wonder which angel I'm born with. The good angel or the bad angel? Or if both, which did i forsaken?
    God.. help me..

Nope..

Nope the #1 issue AO faces is this:

New Players are locked out....with 1k token boards...ect..ect...uber twinks and mobs balanced with those things in mind...the AO community is capped. It will slowly fade away. The time price is too high the learning curve too steep. I have tried to get *many* friends to play..they all say the same thing..." I want play a game, not get a degree in itemology" (well perhaps not that as a quote ) The team has outsmarted itself..and no way to go back... an item to balance an item (placed on the uber mob) ..to balance a item...to balance a change to an item (placed on the other uber mob)...ect..ect..ect.. spinning out of control

2 classes of players in AO

Those with silly amounts of time to play who stay....enjoy content

Everyone else who comes and goes...mostly goes..never seeing most of the content.

NW= Influx new players, New players get to 50 or 60 ....quit....back to pre NW.
    Last edited by Darkbrood; Nov 25th, 2002 at 18:44:24.

roflol ... a degree in itemology! haha

1) yes

2) yes

3) yes

4) yes

and twinks dont ruin new players day, how many n00bs get in a group of twinks and level 10 times faster than any of us did at live?

hmm..

then you get level 70 noobie though arrrgh how annoying
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

PvP in AO

Whole map zones should be PvP zones rather than postage stamp areas of PvP. These zones hould contain real and valuable rewards for be successfull in them. Right now PvP is too easily avoided and there is no reason to enter for character advancement.

<edit spelling>