Thread: Do Movement Predictors actually work?

Do Movement Predictors actually work?

I was wondering, since after blindly assuming that they do I did a test.

I targetted a guard outside Tir west gate & retreated to the point where the red range indicators show me as out of range. I then equipped my Movement Predictor & lo and behold, the range finders didn't turn red again. Repeated attempts gave the same result, so I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Apologies if this has already been covered, or is a known bug, but I did a search before posting & it produced no results.
    Nemesi5 - 220 Agent

Daktar1 - 215 Doctor

I used to think they added a fixed meter range, but someone told me that they in fact add a percentage to your range. So, if you're using a short range weapon (10-15m) and a low ql predictor, you're not gonna see much difference in that instance assuming they *do* work. Just FYI.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Hmm. I was told by an ARK yesterday, while petitioning another matter, that the number in the stats is a actually a metre increase. This is why I posted here.

The char I did the test on is my little fixer, he's using a manex so yes it's a short range weapon. I was hoping to add 5 metres to the range with a low QL predictor, but it didn't seem to do a damn thing LOL

The percentage increase theory would certainly explain this though, I wonder if anyone can clarify?
    Nemesi5 - 220 Agent

Daktar1 - 215 Doctor

Can't verify that it's a % or in m..

But I checked the 14.7.1.2 patch on testlive and there it works as it should.
    (Havn't checked live though)
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

I've tried a ql 200 movement predictor with a manex... it increases the range, but not by much (7 meters at ql 200 i think?) its definitely percentage
    Guru - Averykins "Kylee6" Submissiv (15% River Series 6 Princess of 2002)
    Clan Eternal Fury

It's definately a percentage.

A +5 scope on a manex would give you 15.75m range.

If it were a meter increase, a QL150 Yatamutchy Movement Predictor would give melee better range than a Sniper rifle.

Not to mention that somebody's fist shouldn't be able to hit you from 10 feet away by default.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

When MAs throw a punch, they really throw a punch! *bada-bum*