Thread: Agents in Notum Wars, and Agent Cloaking Devices

Ideas for upcoming patchs and Notum Wars

I came up with a really good idea that could help agents out in alot of ways, but not making us any better then other classes in their specialtys... My idea is Agent Cloaking Devices, yes thats right a different type of cloaking device only for those who are supposed to be the ones that are masters of it. First of all they would have to extend the range of cloaking devices from 200 to 250, and lower the level req from 165 to 120; That way other professions would be able to use the cloaking devices a little easier. Now for the agent cloaking device, you should be able to use either a special item, or a screwdriver on an existing cloaking device, and convert it into an agent cloaking device, you can base this conversion on the Elec. Engineering tradeskill, and have a high req on it, aprox 800-950 for QL 250 cloakers. You could curve the concealment req on these cloakers to be aprox 1450 at QL 250 for agent cloaking device, and aprox 1300 for the normal ones. Here would be sample stats for the cloaking devices, at both QL 200 and 250.
    Cloaking Device 200 | 250
    level req 120 | 170
    concealment 981 | 1300

Agent Cloaking Device 200 | 250
    level req 130 | 180
    concealment 1100 | 1450

Now finally for the description. The Agent Cloaking Device, will of course be useable by agents only, and will not be unique; but they will have to make it so that the slot it needs to be in is empty first before you put it on just like implants, so no stacking, but you can get different QL's for different uses . Basically the agent cloaking device will add the same amount of concealment and perception as the normal ones, but without the DoT, and an added effect.. that makes you invisible (like you are sneaking) to mobs that are equal to the QL of the cloaking device, this way you wouldnt have to sneak with the cloaking device on. The drawbacks of having the Cloaking Device on would be... 1) Cannot be in combat with anything, 2) cannot execute nano formulae, 3) cannot access items such as chests and the mission objective points, 4) you are unable to lockpick chests and doors, 5) You are not able to have any pets active at the time, and 6) you are unable to use treatment and nano kits, that includes all first aid items. *Note: Level Buttons can still be used, and You may still pick up items off the ground and loot corpses.

This change is for use during pvp and pvm, basically concentrating on Notum Wars, I think that agents should be masters of Recon and Sabotage, possibly be hired by organizations to spy on an enemy base or eleminate a certain target, and maybe even later, you can add bomb making/use into the game (requires chem, and weopen smithing) this way you could set bombs in enemy bases as sabotage for example, (possibly let them cast debuffs etc on enemys and enemy towers/defenses that can help out attacking teams, such as AoE snare and even pure damage). You could also add in that disarm traps and chem skill can disarm the bombs, thus making engineers and agents even more invaluable in organizations.
    You could also add in a defense to this by the means of another tower, possibly one that emits a pulse around the encampment that disables the agent cloaker temp and allows the enemy's to see you (make this a rather difficult and advanced tower to obtain). Personally I wanted this just for Pvm but since people keep mentioning Pvp, I thought I would come up with some nice ideas for it; Personally I think that agents should have a more useful role in the game then just someone who can cast buffs and shoot a gun. I think it would be a great idea to add in the Sabotage, Espionage, Assassination aspects to this game. Oh and while we are on the subject, There should be a black market in Tir, Omni Ent, and Newland, hidden in back alleys, accessable by few professions "Agent, Engineer, Fixer", this shop can sell bomb and bomb disarming parts, and maybe even the part to convert cloaking devices. (this shop's prices should be reasonable, charging alot for the agent cloaking device items, yet selling bomb parts cheap)
    This would further enhance gameplay for all classes, I think it would be more exciting to see an agent sneak into an enemy base, plant a bomb and escape (it should take aprox 10-20 sec to plant a bomb successfully depending on your skill and the QL of the bomb). To disarm the bomb however again depending on your skill and the QL of the bomb, you would have to have high enough skill to disarm it for 1, and it should take aprox 10-40 sec depending on skill thus having skilled engineers and agents and even fixers would be a great asset for any base, in both offensive and defensive. "Btw you should make the bombs obvious to see but not too apparent, and also have a messege to everyone saying that a bomb has been planted; perhaps for very advanced bombs you could incorperate elec engineering to add a cloaking item to it, to make it semi-transparent, thus harder to detect & disarm"
    This would add an entire new demension to the game world as it is now, hopefully as far as possible from where it used to be, simply run in and attack, the one that does the most damage and takes the least wins... But add a new sense of strategy to the game; another idea, make it so engineers can repair towers (through tradeskills) so they have something to do other then using their bots .
    Now for the Pvm view, these cloaking devices will cloak you from mobs of equal level to the Ql of the cloaker, excluding bosses, named mobs, and some robotic mobs, such as engineer pets.
    This will enable agents to sneak through missions at a faster pace if needed, rather then our snails pace .

These are just a few ideas that I came up with for the upcoming Notum Wars, if you use your imagination, you could make pvp even more interesting then the existing point, shoot, die method
    Last edited by Militaryman; Nov 24th, 2002 at 18:32:56.

and hey another idea popped in my head, maybe a trap with an EMP effect, that will paralyze towers, engy pets, and crat pets from their functions for a small amount of time ( or until an engineer can repair them )
    Last edited by Militaryman; Nov 24th, 2002 at 13:35:46.

New nano just came to mind for notum wars etc.

"Quick Escape" (1 NCU) level 50+
    Nano Cost 50 0.01 attack, 10.0s refresh
    +1500 run
    duration 10 seconds
    recast similar to trueshot line, of 35 minutes
    "Escape Route" (1 NCU) level 75+
    Nano Cost 150 0.01 attack, 9.0s refresh
    duration 20 seconds
    +2000 run
    recast of 30 minutes
    "Escape Artist" (1 NCU) level 100+
    Nano Cost 350 0.01s attack, 8.0s refresh
    +2500 run
    duration 30 seconds
    recast of 25 minutes

Gives us a one time use escape tatic if really needed in our recon/sabotage trips, if we are detected we can get out quick enough to survive
    Last edited by Militaryman; Nov 24th, 2002 at 17:36:42.

Another idea, this one for engineers.
    Level 100+ buffs for all tradeskills that add +110 to them, requiring SI and PM to use.
    A level 50+ buff that adds 50 to comp lit, ability to cast on others as well.
    At level 180+ a self buff that adds +160 to all trade skills and +80 to comp lit.

Aimed Shot- Well Aimed Shot has gone in a different direction then it was first intended for (an aimed shot), it has become more of a sneak attack. I think that AS should be changed so that, if the player, or npc can sense your presence, that it should still do an aimed shot but in a different fasion. It would charge up an attack "similar to nanos" for aprox 2-8 seconds" depending on your ranged init skill, during that time if you are hit by anything it has a chance against your AS skill "the higher the skill the less the chance" that you will get interrupted. If the shot succeeds, then it will do aprox 5-10k damage, depending again on your AS skill and your ATK rating, although if the NPC dosent sense you, it will do an aimed shot similar to the way they are used now, instant blasts used to start a fight etc, this damage since it is stealth damage should do aprox 8-10k damage every time. *the damage figures used, were of a standerd agent level 150, with a QL 200 Yatamuchy X-3 rifle*
    Last edited by Militaryman; Nov 24th, 2002 at 17:47:32.

Just came up with an idea for MP's. A new buff that takes 98 NCU, and adds +140 to all nano skills, and +50 to nano c init. This could be called Mocham's Inspiration. Must be 195+ to cast. Will be a great space and would be great to see MP finally get a bulk buff
    Last edited by Militaryman; Nov 24th, 2002 at 17:39:44.

Fixer time again , o well hehe nothing really much to change, a small ranged init buff on the nano augmentation line would be nice; could even make it level req to scale as you get better as a fixer, also a major issue, plz make the Grid Armor crystals no drop, and add a new NPC that gives a fixer only quest to fixers, once at 50 for GA I, 80 for GA II, 110 for GA III, and 160 for GA IV. These quests should be reletively easy to solve, yet time consuming, taking aprox 3 days - 2 weeks max to complete each

"Mainly this will be a major econemy fix"

NT's finally.. not much here, maybe a small MC self buff that dosent stack with the MP line.. starting at 100 with a +30 buff, ending at 195 with a +70 buff with an extra +40 nano c init.
    Also do the same thing here with Nullity Sphere, although make it possible for agents to do in FP, considering they can actually use this nano .
    level 80 for NS I, level 150 for NS II no drop crystal. another major econemy fix

Lets see now, Soldiers.. These have most of the buffs they could use except a crit, what I would do though, is add a self only line, that is more like an all in one buff, could add damage, crit, and ranged init all getting higher as you level, ending with a max lets say... +150 ranged init, +10% crit, and +31 damage?

Martial Artist now
    Level 50+ buff (Hawkeye)
    +50 Bow skill
    +15 Bow special attack
    Level 75+ buff (Deadeye)
    +80 Bow skill
    +30 Bow special attack
    Level 125+ buff (Precision Shot)
    +110 Bow skill
    +50 Bow special attack
    Level 180+ (Zen Moment)
    +160 MA
    +160 Bow
    +120 Brawl
    +120 Dimach
    +80 Bow special attack

Doctor now..
    Self Treatment buff for level 190+
    +250 treatment and first aid

Self Pharma buff for level 160+
    +210 Pharm

Finally an update to Instinctive control, at level 170+
    It will add an extra +160 nano c init for 52 NCU

And finally agents, a level 195+ buff called "Assassin's Blessing"
    Total 90 NCU Req
    +180 Rifle
    +180 Aimed Shot
    +130 ranged init
    +15% critical chance
    *Note: Dosent stack with any other ranged init or critical chance buffs.
    Last edited by Militaryman; Nov 24th, 2002 at 17:37:40.

Aimed Shot- Well Aimed Shot has gone in a different direction then it was first intended for (an aimed shot), it has become more of a sneak attack. I think that AS should be changed so that, if the player, or npc can sense your presence, that it should still do an aimed shot but in a different fasion. It would charge up an attack "similar to nanos" for aprox 2-8 seconds" depending on your ranged init skill, during that time if you are hit by anything it has a chance against your AS skill "the higher the skill the less the chance" that you will get interrupted. If the shot succeeds, then it will do aprox 5-10k damage, depending again on your AS skill and your ATK rating, although if the NPC dosent sense you, it will do an aimed shot similar to the way they are used now, instant blasts used to start a fight etc, this damage since it is stealth damage should do aprox 8-10k damage every time. *the damage figures used, were of a standerd agent level 150, with a QL 200 Yatamuchy X-3 rifle*