Thread: Don't want to turn AO into flight simulator but....

Don't want to turn AO into flight simulator but....

I'd really like to have an artificial horizon and altitude indication when in my Yalm. I often go afk when i'm flying and sometime when i come back i'm either on the ground or way high. I'd like to have a way to know if i'm going up or down when flying.
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

For that matter, I wish Yalm's sort of.. accelerated... or something. And decelerated. It just feels weird going from 0-100 at the press of a key. Then again, I'm not really complaining. Just some subtle indication of acceleration would be cool. Oh, and maybe even a sound associated with the Yalm would be groovy, like some futuristic flying vehicle might have (of course, one could disable this sound in the Options panel). Ah, almost forgot, how about Doppler effects when flying over terrain? Thanks in advance.

dude, i could see yalms making sounds like the cars in the Jetson's
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

Bah ... Kodiaks and Yalmaha's should at least have a car stereo !

Edit : Oh and pressing the '5' on the number keypad should put your view in absolute neutral mode .. .which would also make you fly straight I think.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Originally posted by Cado
    Bah ... Kodiaks and Yalmaha's should at least have a car stereo !

Edit : Oh and pressing the '5' on the number keypad should put your view in absolute neutral mode .. .which would also make you fly straight I think.
    No way Kodiaks should have stereo! A mono AM receiver with an 8 track, max.

Now I sure do agree that Yalmahas need the neutal flying mode. I can never get the damn thing to stay horizonal. What I'd also like to see is an auto pilot. Plug in a destination, and let it fly.