Thread: Make a NCU Memory that prolongs buff duration

Lightbulb Make a NCU Memory that prolongs buff duration

I personally find it annoying that many of the beneficial timed programs have a pathetically short duration (many as low as 15-20 minutes). I also have observed that, while in teams, there are very frequent pauses lasting up to several minutes so that people can 'rebuff'. This usually hampers the flow of whatever it is the team is doing to some extent.

To alleviate the annoyance factor associated with frequent interruptions, I suggest adding an item that you can equip into your computer deck that increases the duration of friendly timed programs by a percentage or fixed duration.

Such a thing might look like:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: NCU Memory of Bliss
    Description: Install this NCU Memory inside your Component Platform. NOTE: You need to have a NCU Deck Slot available to equip it... (The number of usable slots is decided by your NCU component belt...)
    Type: weapon
    Slot: deck 4 (or whatever)
    QL: 200
    Requirements computer literacy >= 850 (note the high CL requirement, to balance out the benefit of increased program duration)

Effects:
    modify self ncu memory 64
    modify self nano program duration + 600 (seconds)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, lower level versions of this item could/should exist, with proportionately high CL requirements.

Note also that this follows the paradigm of the recently introduced (and well-received) 'Morphing Memory', just with a different advantage.

-=)

Great Idea. Although the buff time extension should be done with percentage rather than adding a fixed amount of time. ( for example maybe a QL 200 would add 20% more time to the nano program).

Morphing memmory doesn't seem all that good to me. At lvl 50 all I can get out of it is 7 nano res and 7 ncu. I get 21 ncu's from my other modules and can't afford the loss in ncu. Not going to waste time increasing psychic just for this one item.

Originally posted by SlyHunter
    Morphing memmory doesn't seem all that good to me. At lvl 50 all I can get out of it is 7 nano res and 7 ncu. I get 21 ncu's from my other modules and can't afford the loss in ncu. Not going to waste time increasing psychic just for this one item.
    It's good but not for the low level players it was intended for. It's good for players that can upgrade it to ql200 and equip it though

This thread was not meant to be a place to make comments on the Morphing Memory. That said, I am in complete agreement with Hayake. The Morphing Memory does have a purpose, one that is alas relevant to only a relatively minor slice of the gaming population. By this I mean, this item really only becomes 'useful' in higher level PvP where Nano Resistance is paramount. Otherwise, for just run-of-the-mill PvM level 1-200, it's probably not the best choice.

Getting back to the main topic, a NCU Memory that prolongs buff duration would be a very interesting item. For players of any level.

Waiting for more nods in my general direction...
    Last edited by Inyuendo; Nov 24th, 2002 at 18:13:14.

I support this idea, as I hate stopping a well-moving team to rebuff.
    I agree that the Extension should be in %ages

Lowest ql could be 50, and giving 5% extrended duration.
    I'd love this done the same way as Morphing Memory, as a leveling item, placing the ql 50 'base-ncu' on a mob (no 18hrs timer. please )
    Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.