Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The noob dungeon boss died today!

The noob dungeon boss died today!

To my hands!

I heard some people had whined that the boss was too hard...I don't agree, this boss actually was the first to really give a challenge.

And I must say, my level 24 is tweaked...TWEAKED! He had a few outside buffs, but I am happy to say, that without using any exploits at all (unless u call outside buffs exploit, and then you are insane) I killed his ugly ball swinging ...yeah...u know, hehe.

He dropped the belt, a ql 37 notum chip and some other crap.

I plan to go back and kill him again...

oh, I wasn't ALL alone...some lil adv came in and messed up my plan, but he scurried along a few seconds later when the boss had aoe'ed or whatever he did. After the little rat (leet) ran away, I could continue doing my thing, and eventually (took a lil while) the boss hit the deck.

Dunno if I am the first to solo him, but I am proud, hehe.

Soloed him eh? How, the logic is just not there. He hits for 200 about every 3 seconds or so, which would put a lvl 24 anything down in about 20 seconds without a healer. He must easily have over 10k hp so it would take the average "tweaked" shmoe about 10 mins to defeat.

Spizmack - Fighting the mission monotony through submission

Re: The noob dungeon boss died today!

Originally posted by Gold
    To my hands!

I heard some people had whined that the boss was too hard...I don't agree, this boss actually was the first to really give a challenge.

And I must say, my level 24 is tweaked...TWEAKED! He had a few outside buffs, but I am happy to say, that without using any exploits at all (unless u call outside buffs exploit, and then you are insane) I killed his ugly ball swinging ...yeah...u know, hehe.

He dropped the belt, a ql 37 notum chip and some other crap.

I plan to go back and kill him again...

oh, I wasn't ALL alone...some lil adv came in and messed up my plan, but he scurried along a few seconds later when the boss had aoe'ed or whatever he did. After the little rat (leet) ran away, I could continue doing my thing, and eventually (took a lil while) the boss hit the deck.

Dunno if I am the first to solo him, but I am proud, hehe.

Wat prof are you?

what prof is your twink ? (i think he's a trader for more NCU => more buffs)

i tried to solo him with a lvl 24 MA semi tweaked with Dr Hack'n'Quack as only outside buff (needed other NCUs for MA buffs) and he slaughtered me in 30 secs
    Leamartini - 219 Doctor Too good for enlightenment ...
    Claraa - 150 Bureaucrat Twink wannabe
    Poleemploi - 161 Agent On the way to froob enlightenment !

(04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: i tab +double
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: skillz
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: no time for t

I'm betting he was an engie with a lotta buffs, (aka mochies) to keep as high of possible bot going. Why? Bot tanks, soon as bot is about to die, fall back /term bot, recast new bot, send it in.

Either that or a crat that was charming all the other mobs in the area to fight for him.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

he could have also been a crat sent in the bot and before it died, calmed the boss /pet terminate, then made a new bot. (if the boss is possible to calm..)

For some reason a MP seems a bit more logical than engie(would take 100+ ncu for 2 mochies) And a MP could have a heal pet on his attack pet and do damage himself....

Originally posted by Pays007
    For some reason a MP seems a bit more logical than engie(would take 100+ ncu for 2 mochies) And a MP could have a heal pet on his attack pet and do damage himself....
    the mp pet would die very fast, as they have VERY low hp comparied to other prof's pets

they have lower hp then engie same or higher then crats. And they can be activated alot quicker then engie or crat ones when they die.

there is no way a 24 engie had mochams or even infuses masteries possibly nothing higher though.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Yes but a heal pet would keep it lasting longer...

not really

meta heal pets are healing to slow. to much time between the tics for the heal to be worth much imo.

but who cares?
    everything ends ---

that´s what gives it value.

I played my subway alt, a level 21 enf with a 51 sleek black stick, and he has a 313 atk rating with challenger. Alpha'ed the boss with flurry + brawl + fast attack + reg hit for about 1k total, which took 1 tick off of his healthbar, so yes, he has a lot of hp. Also in the group was another equally twinked dual staff enf, doing about the same damage as I was overall, plus an NT, and a Doc chainhealing me.

I died within 60 seconds, not enough heals, sorry to say. At that time he was at 65% health. The rest of the team followed my lead to reclaim after about 15 seconds, having gotten him down to about 55ish%.

How in Gods name did you solo that thing?

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Hmmm...I am not gonna say HOW I did it. I found this particular boss very fun, a true challenge. He was hard to kill, but I found ONE way. I am sure it is not the only way, some of you have ideas that you should try.

I did not use a pet class, I tell you that much, but if you have an idea how a pet class can do it, try!

The other reason to why I don't want to tell (other than I don't want to be some kind of spoiler) is that I don't want 40 copies of my char to run around with my choice of outside buffs camping him.

Just wanted to end up saying that my char was created last patch...so no implant stacking, no tutored ncu's, etc etc. I haven't even collected 60 tokens, I have just 30 on him...I have no pads, I use Ownz vials (2 of them, smashing 2 extra to body dev)...so, I can make him better.

Anyways, gl with your attempt to solo him! Be creative, and know that it can be done. (although, I personally think only 2-3 professions really stand a chance, maybe 4.)

Unhappy I must say...

that its allways interesting to hear about uber-twinks owned by infinately rich people going into ultra-low level dungeons and killing thier low-high end content.

I have seen multiple uber-twinks farming the various bosses in the subways recently....

Re: I must say...

Originally posted by Juggy
    that its allways interesting to hear about uber-twinks owned by infinately rich people going into ultra-low level dungeons and killing thier low-high end content.

I have seen multiple uber-twinks farming the various bosses in the subways recently....
    Yeah, it's always interesting to hear about whiners who can't figure out how to

1. level a char to over 100
    2. build a twink with the money first char make

I mean...it's a really bold and most of all, SCARY, scheme...

Dude...stop whining, level, then tweak.

My char didn't cost that much to make...people like you are the ones who just sit there, realize they suck and start complaining. Do something about it instead...and no, I am not gonna give you any credits when I am standing at mission booth, or anytime else.

Everyone else run missions for money, you do it too, and all the other new players who expect to have it all handed to them...cuz "it's much easier for you who have played a long time"... OFCOURSE IT IS! We know what we are doing. We figured it out, now YOU do.

Originally posted by LonelSmurf
    He hits for 200 about every 3 seconds or so, which would put a lvl 24 anything down in about 20 seconds without a healer.
    If you have good enough AC it hits for 100 min damage.

Dr Hack N Quack heals over 300 every 10seconds and if you get an essence you can add another 700-1k hp to your character.

So all you really need to solo this guy is a large amount of NCU and some obvious stratigies (root and run while HoT heals you, or just run and get him stuck somewhere).

-Jax
    Shade "Jaxin" Dathomir

All RK2(Rimor) characters.
    Rookie Jaxin Non-GA fixer 145 Days
    Freshmen Gigg GA fixer 34 Days
    Geleb Samurai Doctor 5 Days
    Rookie Jaxn Necromancer 12 Days

Push--> . <--Shove

My lvl 24 Enf twink and a 24 Eng killed him with no problems... i think the Eng had an Uber pet thoe... havent tried to solo him yet...
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Originally posted by Pays007
    For some reason a MP seems a bit more logical than engie(would take 100+ ncu for 2 mochies)
    My 24 engie has a bit over 200 NCUs (202 I think).

I can control a QL73 bot with mochams.

The subway boss isn't that hard. :P

(no, beacon warping doesn't work in the subway. I tried. :P)

Originally posted by Khaln

My 24 engie has a bit over 200 NCUs (202 I think).

I can control a QL73 bot with mochams.

The subway boss isn't that hard. :P

(no, beacon warping doesn't work in the subway. I tried. :P)
    dude...24 engie with 200+ ncu...

ehum...explain how u did that without tutor-sploit plz?

With QL70 comp lit implants I got up to 270 or so comp lit. That's enough for a 5 slot belt and +30 NCUs.

Also remember the various items/armor/weapons that give NCUs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast