Thread: Just making sure.........Do FC remembers that AO has a class called Adventurer?

Talking Just making sure.........Do FC remembers that AO has a class called Adventurer?

Well,i bet they dont remember that Advs exist.....no lines of new armor,no (decent) new weapons......
    Almost all classes got new armors and stuff......advs only got the Sol swords :/ and a line of mezzes that are a laugh...whats the point in calming a enemy that is not attacking u?(imagine :first room of a mission,3/4 mobs...u mezz one(with lots of uber luck and....surprise!u have the other mobs insta aggroing u.........).that mezzes would do more sense if they were like the mezzes for crats/NT/traders....but only for monsters,at least they fit better the adv description.....
    aahhh,i forgot about the Adv line of Katanas :P.......2he....it would be nice if it werent that the 2he buffs where given to Enforcers.....
    going pistols then.....well,there arent any (good)options,the only pistols that seem good are V3 electronicums....and Pain of Patricia(this one i have to say that i doubt it exists )
    i dont mean we are nerfed or something like that(lol...its impossible being more ;p)but a lil bit more of luv to Advs is needed...
    oh,wait.....maybe not ,it could be that new adv equipment(if released) its bugged(as usual ;p)

Ah crud. You went and reminded them that we are here. Now they will Nerf us for sure.

seems to me Advs got a patch a few patches ago........

any pistol worth using has adv only tag on it.

Cyclic shields were starting to be introduced i don't know what happened to the rest of the line though.

But it hasn't been very long since your last patch.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

How about you work on forgetting about periods and I'll work on remembering advys.

lol....any pistol worth using??
    hehe....dunno...if u want a BBI....ask FC,i have no problem if they gave them away to another class....
    a patch a few patches ago........that means 97 months or so?
    the only worth cyclics are lure,porcupine and thorn of the rose.....the others are lame,and ,why do u want to have a damage shield on?maybe that day the mezz works and u ruin it thanks to that cyclic ;p
    and i know Advs arent the only class needed of luv,MP need it too and maybe engis too....the only classes that get stuff in almost all the patches are Fixers,Enforcers and MAs.....the problem i think its that FC dunno what to do with adv class and they give advs the buffs that they reject for other classes.i.e:"oh,lets gave Docs a +60 treatment buff that they can cast around lvl 140ish...nah,no point,at that lvl,they can cast +80 treatment....hmmmm...ah!!the advs can heal,lets give them the +60 treatment buff!!!"
    that example can be applied to other items,like the 2he katanas for Adv("nice,lets give the enforcer a line of 2he katanas....hmmm,nah,advs use swords...lets give them to them")
    and that why advs arent Enfs....not docs....not soldiers...they only have a mix of spare stuff of other classes...
    its nice how in the adv description they talk about "adv individuality"....heh,try to solo a 160ish mission being 150....

P.d:u dont like my periods,Shub?
    Last edited by Galician; Nov 23rd, 2002 at 21:55:57.

Yes ,you do.

Originally posted by dementia13
    lol....any pistol worth using??
    hehe....dunno...if u want a BBI....ask FC,i have no problem if they gave them away to another class....

individuality"....heh,try to solo a 160ish mission being 150....

Yet another post I read by an adventurer who is upset. You know, I read such posts by all players of all professions. Go to any profession specific forum and the tone is "We are gimped, pelase fix us". I wonder if it is actually the profession(s) or the person(s) using the keyboard and mouse......

As for you.. I really really really like the pistols I use. Currently I use a QL 200 electronicum V3 in main hand and a QL 193 River Seasons XP Advanced in my off-hand. As for soloing a 160 mission at 150.... YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO... Makes me wonder a few things:

- Do you have your QL 200 implants in?
    - Do you have your nano init maxxed?
    - Do you have your evades raised?
    - Is your weapon init (ranged or melee) maxxed?
    - Have you bothered to stay up to date on your heal nanos?
    - Do you have a scope on that cripples your init?
    - Is your first aid raised and do you use stims?
    - This list can be endless.........

....or are you just blowing smoke..........
    Warboc - 218 Adv
    President of Defiance

Originally posted by Warboc

Yet another post I read by an adventurer who is upset. You know, I read such posts by all players of all professions. Go to any profession specific forum and the tone is "We are gimped, pelase fix us". I wonder if it is actually the profession(s) or the person(s) using the keyboard and mouse......

As for you.. I really really really like the pistols I use. Currently I use a QL 200 electronicum V3 in main hand and a QL 193 River Seasons XP Advanced in my off-hand. As for soloing a 160 mission at 150.... YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO... Makes me wonder a few things:

Don't worry about helping, this person would rather complain and whine in badly formatted posts than actually ask for help on how to do better.
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Originally posted by Warboc

- yes,i have ql200 imps on
    - my nano init is maxed
    - my evades are maxed and also my ranged init
    -my nanos are updated
    -TIM scope equipped
    -first aid maxxed.............
    and actually i can solo 170-180ish missions,but not using none of the adv supposed weapons.

Originally posted by Tal

Don't worry about helping, this person would rather complain and whine in badly formatted posts than actually ask for help on how to do better.
    guess u whined a lot to reach that level of uberness formatting yr posts.....

Originally posted by dementia13
    guess u whined a lot to reach that level of uberness formatting yr posts.....
    Translation, please.

Probably, Tal paid attention in grammar school.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Talking

You know, I'd be feeling pretty embarassed if it wasn't for the fact that every profession has its share of morons.

(Edit: Had a nice long rant trying to teach someting, but then decided, %$#@ it, why bother)
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

The only way to give players the love the DESERVE is to have people pay money to level. 2$ per level for all 200 levels. $400 dollars is about 12 months *11 $/month * 3 years.

Then maybe just have a booster you have to buy every 100 levels that costs 20$. Same profit, less hassle.

Ofcourse, for extra characters you get a discount.

Forgive me if i'm wrong, and this is not intended to flame or trash Advs..but, aren't Advs sposed to be a Jack of All Trades character versed in everything but good at none? Whats the complaint? you knew that description going in, you have heals, weapon buffs damage shields,ac buffs etc and now you have mezzes? Yea they may not be as good as the class that specializes in that dept but you still have them. You are a very versatile class, just don't expect to be as good with swords as an enf, or as good a healer as a doc, if you want to be play one of those characters. Plus you do have the shapeshifting abilities that are kinda cool, even if you think theyre worthless. Any high lvl advs gone into trade in dragon form? How many requests did you get to turn others into dragons? Prolly quite a few. If you want to excel in whatever area your adventurer focuses in, and aren't happy maybe you should reroll as the class that does specialize in that particular area.

just an opinon, again not trying to stomp on anyones feelings.

My personal opinion/Warboc has a good point

I must say, I have played an advent for quite some time and I have fiddled with my skills over and over to come up with what I like. I'm not out there to get the best equipment, to advance in levels extremely fast, or to flex my muscles in any PvP setting.

I've made my mistakes, and I've learned from them, but I think what appeals to me with the Advent profession is that it IS forgiving. Advents ARE the Jack-of-all-Trades with healing, decent weapon skills, and a few appropriate non essentail skills here and there.

Warboc has a point tho. All of the things he mentioned are relevant to this profession, and any other profession for that matter.

Q #1 Do I have ql 200 implants in?

A. Yes I do, but I change them around for things that I think I may need, or need at the time. If I find something I want to be able to use, I make a change in my implants.

Q #2 Do you have your nano init maxxed?

A. No, but I have realized the importance of this skill and I am working on bringing it up to a respectable level. For an advent like myself who prides himself on being able to heal very well..this skill is a must have.

Q #3 Do you have your Evades Maxxed?

A. Again, no I do not, although again I have come to realize the importance of these skills and work towards increasing them.

Q #4 Is your weapon Init Maxxed?

A. See answer to question #3

Q #5 Have you bothered to stay up to date on your heal nanos?

A. Absolutely yes. I began this profession with the healing ability in mind as I see it as one of THE most important abilities in the game. Everyone needs to heal wounds, and no team should go without a proficient doctor (and I dont mean just the actual profession)

Q #6 Do you have a scope that cripples your init?

A. At the time of this post..I do not wear one. I have in the past and see some of its advantages. However, unless one has their inits raised high enuf to offset the disadvantages of the scope, this can hinder more then help.

Q #7 Is your first aid raised and do you use stims?

A. My first Aid skill could use a little boost. I do use stims however, and as any skilled doctor should do....I carry a medical backpack with me at all times that holds stims, nano rechargers, treatment kits and other medical sundries of varrying quality level. This is to ensure that anyone travelling with me will always have something as back up should they run out.

A minor point should be noted. I myself have invested a huge amount of IP into my concealment skill. I have it maxxed right now, and will continue to add to it once my level cap is removed at level 150. This was not done so that I might have an egde in PvP combat, but in order to sneak any QL mission successfully and retrieve mission rewards. Even though this skill cost me heavily, I have found it to be an INVALUABLE tool for ANY profession and would urge anyone to invest the IP into this skill.

All of the points that Warboc mentioned play a HUGE part in the makeup of your character and how he or she performs in any situation. His post wasnt to complain at all, but to EXPLAIN certain things within the game that can improve or hinder your own performance.

As for the profession itself, its ability in combat, casting nanos, and other skills, I myself believe that advents do need some things changed and added to them.

#1 A line of advent only armor that does not require you to fight with any guild to kill a dragon on the SLIGHT off chance someone will be generous enuf to let you loot it off the dead body.(I could be wrong here...is there any other type od armor available for just advents?)

#2 A serious look at the advent line of Mezz nanos. Being able to mezz is great...but..this ability is hampered greatly by the fact that mobs CANNOT be in combat when this is done and the Mezz, assuming it works..lasts a FRACTION of the time any other profession mezz does.

#3 A retooling of the Leet Charm line of nanos. This ability, although fun at parties, really isnt all that useful. U cannot zone with your pet, and u do not have access to many of the commands that normal pet users have. One cannot even rename their pet. What is really needed, is for this line of nanos to be EXPANDED to include other animals on Rubi-Ka, such as Rollerrats, Panthers, Wolfs, Brontos, Reets, etc etc...the list goes on. There are numerous species of ANIMALS on Rubi-Ka that can be added to this list, and it seems only appropriate that this Jack-Of-All-Trades wilderness dweller have the ability to have them as pets, even for only a small period of time.

#4 The ability, once morphed into any particular Advent form, to assume the look of a normal mob on the playfirld map, thus hiding from Map Upgrade identifiers when in animal form. This would not eliminate a players ability to 'tab' onto you and identify you thusly, this would just partially mask your appearance in that area. When one assumes an animal form, they should get the ability to become part of the environment like any other animal does, hence, looking like a normal 'red dot' on the playfield map.

#5 Any animal form that the advent assume should be given a chance to be IGNORED by other ANIMALS that you may pass by. Thus. giving you a chance to be treated like any other animal on the playfield, in this case, ignored by other animals mobs as you are an animal yourself.

#6 Reduce the ridiculously long casting time on the Reet Line of nanos. Not only has this completely and utterly removed the Advents one and only UNIQUE PvP attack/defence, it has also made this line of nanos annoying to cast in the first place, as now it takes forever to complete. Not only that, but as advents, this Nano was PARAMOUNT in the defence of people and others such as NPC's (guards specifically). This nano, if not prevented, then seriously limited a players ability to attack an NPC such as the guards. I saw the use of this nano as a unique way to perserve the life of the guards doing their duty to protect our cities and our lives. Now mind you, repeated use of this nano on anyones NCU can and has been constituted as NCU harrassment. But I look at the use if this nano in this manner as Roleplaying, although when asked by someone to cease this action, I acquiesced and moved on. But, catch someone attacking a guard, who has naver had this done to them before, and they quickly realize the dilemma they are in as they cannot attack in this form. The next time they think about attacking a guard just for the hell of it, they will think twice. (and while I'm on it....why do people attack guards anyway? They give NO exp, NO loot, and their death is only temporary as they return moments later...) In my opinion, if you wish to see the use of this nano in a different manner, your best bet it to make it so players CAN attack in this form. Leave the casting time the way it was originally, otherwise...I'm going to grow old and gray before I can turn myself into a Reet again.

Perhaps #4 and #5 could be made into new advent nanos....?

In conclusion, and this applies to ANY profession in my opinion, you are what you make yourself to be. There are NUMEROUS players out there with a WEALTH of information on not just playing an Advent, but on any other profession as well. If you find yourself having problems in any situation, avail yourself of the resources at hand. Dont hesitate to ask questions and dont be afraid to admit that u made a mistake. MOST mistakes IP wise can be fixed with an IP reset of skills and a re-placement of said IP.

The advent profession can be one of the most enjoyable professions to play on Rubi-Ka, and besides..who doesnt like little cuddly Leets and fire breathing dragons?

Feel free to contact me anytime in game should you have any questions concerning the Advent profession. I may not be the MOST kowledgeable person around, but I feel that my experience has taught me alot and I can be of some help if you seek it. Should I not be able to help you, I can surely put you in touch with someone who can.
    Last edited by Kalannar; Nov 29th, 2002 at 11:09:56.

I really like your post Kalannar, it has a few really good ideas in it. I myself have always thought of the Adventurer as more of a wilderness dweller, on par with a Ranger class from D&D games. Abilities to compliment this comparison would be absolutely wonderful, although I would gladly wait for the other classes to get their love before I started pushing to have them added to our class.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

I also liked your post and many of your ideas, Kalannar.

I'm not sure Funcom would be willing to let us become red dots like mobs on the minimap, even if we were still able to be tabbed as targets. It's a very thematic idea and might be workable if it was attached to the adventurer's concealment skill level. Then it would be as fair as an agent's invisibility, I would think. Since, it is less complete than invisibility, off the top of my head, the concealment level needed might be less high vs the same level of perception.

The main idea that I really liked was the chance to not be bothered by animal mobs if in animal form. However, I think that it would depend on the animal form chosen. A predatory form would bother non-predators or non-aggressive mobs in the same level range. However, amongst predators, being the same predator should be okay. Might be a bit too much to program, but it's something worth looking into. As you said at least a general increased chance to not be bothered by aggressive animal mobs (musk scent etc, camouflage skill, morph includes all that), makes a lot of sense. A skill or nano increasing that chance, would be a nice add-on and very thematic to adventurers.