Thread: Is this a bug or feature?

Is this a bug or feature?

during a team mission after the patch yesterday I picked a chest and had the following message come over chat:

"you lost xxxxx xp" - where xxxxx was ~35k

the other team members got it also, and their response was "wtf". Naturally, we stopped picking locked chests at that point. Is this a new type trap on locked chests or a bug? anyone know?

Feature you fail to Disarm the trap you take a EXp hit
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

I've had a similar thing happen once in a team mission too, except the person who picked it got the you gained xp message, while the rest of the team got a you lose xp message

If this is true, why cant huge change to gameplay dynamics like that make it into the patch notes?

Arrow

I've had this happen (lose 36K xp) on unlocking a door (wasn't trapped), and I've also had the opposite happen (gain 36K xp) on unlocking a door. Something very odd going on...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Has anyone got extra xp after you level from that same mob?

I was level 40, killed the mob, got 1425 xp (14xp side bonus), then hit level 41 and got an additional 1411 xp. After that I completed the mission, and got 430 xp and cash 5740. Right under that it said I lost 977 xp. Under that 4 xp side bonus.

It looks like it takes back that extra xp I got from that one mob when I leveled by subtracting it later.

I also had this happen with lockpicking... I was getting around 800 xp per pick then killed a mob and got the extra xp from that mob again, later I picked a lock and only got 99xp for that lock. I think it made up the difference there also.
    Last edited by Pillageideot; Nov 30th, 2002 at 02:57:26.

From picking locks in ql 137 missions, I get anything from 2k to 14k XP per lock. Don't think I can remembering loosing XP, though. I'll keep a closer eye on that one from now on.

I've gotten the message from completing a mission. It's not just chests. I've also gotten double experience gain messages.
    Testlive addict.