Thread: docs

docs

i dunno where to put this really so im stickin it in here

soldiers get the anti ch nano <-- find and dandy i dont really care actually kind of glad fc realized they are gimps

what stinks is now complete heals takes 1 ncu to cast this is great for the anti ch nano since it is of the same strain and higher up so when you go to cast ch you get better nano already running

BUT

twice today once at tara healing someone else and once in avalon fighting privates healing myself ncu buff had run out guess what youre being hit for 1500 dmg and doh no more ncu and no more ncu means no ch gg fc

not a whine about soldiers ;p they can be beat without ch so thats not the issue this effects everyone :/ and just another example of fc being lazy and doing more dmg than good
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Its amazing to me the complete silence one hears when you bring up a doc issue in the PVP forum. Seems Funcom has done such a bad job at developing Team PVP that people only think of Doc's as potential enemies, and not potential assets or teamates.

This seems especially funny to me when you consider how important all classes team buffs and doctors' heals are in PvM. Or that Nwars is supposedly based around Team conflict.

I'm wondering if these boards will be drastically different in NWars. Maybe people actually considering how other classes will affect their class in a POSITIVE way instead of only thinking of them in a sterile 1v1 me vs. them environment.

As to this CH buff with the 1 ncu, I agree gwend its horrible and needs to be fixed. You would think that 50enfs would jump on here and agree with you tho, considering how fast they would die without it. (although I thought we all agreed in Doc forum at some point that CH was barely useable in team pvp so maybe this post is just getting lost here in the PVP forum where no one considers team PVP worth talking about.)

-Meebs
    Stylezpierre - 208 Adv. Eqp

Well, I think the main focus is here to bring it to the attention that

YOU HAVE TO KEEP ONE DAMN NCU OPEN or you wont be healed heh. Now this also applies to pvm!

Untill they fix it ofcourse. (çurrently when your ncu buff runs out you have a -huge- problem).
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

If the NCU buff runs out and you are at like 600/400 NCU, then you can't expect everything to work as normal.

I guess a positive side effect of this would be that you no longer can heal your opponent in PvP by accident, since it probably counts as a buff and buffing your opponent in a fight doesn't work, right?

Good point on the buffing your opponent thing cold... but I have to disagree with you on 600/400 thing. Its exactly the kind of thing people don't pay attention to in the middle of the fight, and you know folks are gonna get killed when the NCU buff runs out in the middle of a boss fight.

We're not yelling get rid of it as much as we're saying bad implementation.
    Stylezpierre - 208 Adv. Eqp

Heals should not take any NCU, how ridiculously stupid.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    If the NCU buff runs out and you are at like 600/400 NCU, then you can't expect everything to work as normal.

I guess a positive side effect of this would be that you no longer can heal your opponent in PvP by accident, since it probably counts as a buff and buffing your opponent in a fight doesn't work, right?
    Well an alternative problem here is that you can't rebuff the NCU buffs. You have to delete them, make sure you have 1NCU free, and re-do them.

If you could just stay teamed with a fixer in a boss fight who could pop off another ncu compressor when you ask, it wouldn't be too bad...
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by Meebo
    Its amazing to me the complete silence one hears when you bring up a doc issue in the PVP forum. Seems Funcom has done such a bad job at developing Team PVP that people only think of Doc's as potential enemies, and not potential assets or teamates.

This seems especially funny to me when you consider how important all classes team buffs and doctors' heals are in PvM. Or that Nwars is supposedly based around Team conflict.
    Yup. If you think about it, this really affects Doctors very little since we can easily watch our NCU and tell if we're out of NCU or "overbuffed" or not. We can't monitor our teammates' NCU to see if they are full or not until its too late. Already a few times since the patch my teammates have nearly died -- once at Tarasque, twice at The One -- because their NCU buff wore off (and keep in mind, NCU buffs still can't be refreshed for whatever reason -- that would make it better but certainly not optimal).

We're just looking out for you all. Please support in getting Funcom to look over this change a bit more. Perhaps check out this thread in the Doctor forum so you can see this is all about our teammates, not us.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

This is not only about NCU buffs wearing off. I've missioned with many many people who say on team chat "haha, 314/314 ncu, cool." Now I'm supposed to tell them "Um, sorry, you have to cancel an expertise or something or else I can't save you in an emergency."

That is ludicrous.

(not flaming you, just venting and interesting comment about the PvP thing -- I haven't tested that)

<<< enforcer, not happy with this

<<<< doctor (cant cast CH) ruing the day I can cast it and someone dies due to this crap coding

err...

bump
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I love all you clan pvp'n doctors. Studying everyone else's problems, as a group you're the most aware of each profession's particular mechanics. Angess Comp Necc Fryli Sheffy Pomy Morri Adella (i'm gonna edit this when i think of all the people i forgot and who'll remind me seconds after i DONT get that CH in 2h0)... can't say enough good things.

But the ncu issue with CH and the fixer ncu buffs - funcom must have no appreciation of how much trouble these little glitches cause. Please make it a priority cause asking for another ncu buff is obnoxious and asking for another CH is impossible.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Unhappy make people aware

Yup ppl dying left and right on me cause i keep gettin " Target does not have enough NCU's" in big fights. Guess all we can do is tell our teamates to keep that One NCU availabe at all times, just in case.

I've already made a macro to tell my team about the CH/ncu change, as well as one to /s the same message for multi-team events. We need to make everyone aware of this in case Funcom doesn't change the way it works (which wouldn't surprise me, and would piss off just about everyone -- go figure).