Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Omni-Entertainment Bombing (The Great OT Lie)

OOC

Cloudeh
    Your original post was a gripe at bringing OOC things IC. A lot of which I tend to agree with. Things like PvP/gameplay bugs. However this is a thread about the OmniEnt bombing and how the bomber was able to circumvent the surpression gas. A perfectly viable discussion about an event surrounded by conspiracy. I think you might have chosen the wrong thread to make your point (irrespective of the fact you are ignoring all the RP guidelines for this forum). Either that or your post is so confusing and rude people have reacted to you badly.

The use of swear words and/or cursing makes you look immature, denial makes it look worse.
    Marcos Ryback Doniger
    lvl 57 Martial Artist
    Clan Opposing Force

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." - Bruce Lee. Martial Artist of 20th Century Earth

Question bombing, what bombing...

I have been thru Omni-Ent constantly .. and seen no evidence of a bombing.. there was an appartment building under construction. which was appearently finished last night.. over by the tubes and the reclaim area, is this the area of which you speak..

<<ooc: can we try to stay in character people.. if you do not want to go else where.>>
    Always trust your friends.
    I'm your friend.
    Loan me money.
    Trust me.

An explanation of the bombing.

Dawna, the building that you saw that was under construction was in fact being repaired after its almost complete destruction by the Dust Brigade, as explained by Omni news feeds after an impartial Omnitek investigation into the matter.

This investigation would likely involve not only forensic evidence but secondary sources like sound-recorders placed here and there in Omni - 1 for this very purpose - not, as some have argued, to illicitly tape people's conversations without their knowledge. Likewise I expect Omni-Pol had several different videos of the explosion from different angles gathered by the camera emplacements nearby - especially the large one on the sewer section separator wall near the north end Whompas, which would have recorded the exact moment of the explosion even if it couldn't get a clear view of the apartments.

Thankfully the superior construction efforts of Omni Engineering, and the generous use of nano-constructors, working in a sterile nano-pressure field which of course would restrict the entry not only of vehicles but of any form of material contamination, have been able to replicate the original building precisely and it now stands as a testimony to the tenacity and moral strength of our corporation. I for one am applying to Omni-residential control to have my assigned apartment relocated to that very building as a sign of my support of the corporation and its efforts to stand undiminished in the face of continual, though totally ineffective, clan attacks.
    The doctor is not responsible for filing your insurance claim forms. Please see the front desk for further assistance.

On another note, however...

I do want to mention that I had heard that a refrigerator-sized nuclear device was seen at the grid terminal in Omni Trade two nights ago. Thankfully it was apparently not armed properly by the vicious but insufficiently educated clan pigs who were certainly responsible for it being placed there, and it failed to detonate.

Destroying the helpless elderly and children of the corporation is a grave matter, but trying to annihilate not only the countless innocents shopping in the trade district, but the grid-encodes of those using the grid to travel...certainly such an explosion would trap or destroy those in the grid at that time, as I understand it. Such acts of pure, unfounded evil should not go unpunished.

It should be said that, due to some problems with my NCU that may also be traced back to the clans, I was unable to get to Trade District in time to see the device myself. But it was seen by several witnesses whose accounts I feel should be taken seriously, even though Omni-Pol is right in not drawing undue attention to this incident. Certainly we don't need to start a panic.
    The doctor is not responsible for filing your insurance claim forms. Please see the front desk for further assistance.

Exclamation Re: Lies...

Originally posted by Heart of Evil
    Lies beget lies, that is clear.

There are no ways around the suppression gas, unless you manage to remove or lower the percentage of the gas. There are no gas masks, for if there were they would sell for even more than the fabled 'Shades or Lucubration'. Misleading the readers with flawed theories does not improve the situation.

Minh Silvestrini
    Isn't it obvious who did it? Of course it was clan and it was the work of that one clanner who does have access to a gas mask. Remember in the movie files there was one clanner guy who was wearing a gas mask mocking Omni-tek.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12