Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NT's Anti-Gridarmor nukes.

Hoops, chill out. Just think of the dumb replies as bumps.

I know this is a bug report not an opinion thread on the nano but it's turned into that anyway so...

(not directed at hoops)

Most NT's I know didn't want the nanos and still dont.

We wanted a nano that does good damage has a resonable recharge and around a 50-60% NR so that it will actually land on mobs and people.

High level fixers with grid armor mk4 were NOT wiped accross the arena by nt's. With 1084 MC I could only land 1/3 nukes against a grid armor fixer at full deff with maxed nr. Combine that with hot's and MCS burst recharge and I would not consider Fixer vs. NT to be so one sided before this nuke. We as nt's want to do more damage against EVERYONE not just fixers.

I'll stop ranting now.

Sorry Hoops for the rant , I aggree that the fixer nukes are half-a@# dimwitted non-content.

Consider this a bump and not a rant...

With the advent of these nukes, Fixers everywhere are crying loudly and in my mind they are rightful in doing so. These nukes should've never been implemented. There is no balance in exclusively giving one profession the means to totally obliterate another.

Not to mention the fact that FunCom did say they wanted PvP fights to last longer (hence the 50% crit nerf) and then they give us nukes to make fights against GA Fixers faster? Bass ackward if you ask me....
    .: Naraya :.

OMG...

Ok devs, humor Hoops.

State that the spell help text has a typo and it should read xxx (2x the current amount) and then change the text to that 2x current amount.

Hoops happy then? It does half damage then compared to spell help as you wish... ofcourse nothing else would change.

On another note, as many have stated, it was not NT balancing nano, it was Fixer balancing nano.

Which you prefer? FC nerfs hell out of GA or even removes it from game altogether, along with this new NT nano... or things stay as they are?

Zarch and da chars

PS.

Each and everyone of my non fixer professions is willing to make a trade with you fixers. You can choose ANY nano you want from me and I get GA IV in return. I will loose the nano you chose and you will lose GA IV. Deal? I didnt think so...

oh my god
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

first off: i have no desire to join the tired debate over the effects ga-nukes may or may not have on profession balance; my experience regarding the new nanos has been limited to `you were attacked by nanobots for 5 points of energy damage'. i will, however, say that i have witnessed plenty of fixers with and without grid armor a) be annihilated by nanotechs, and b) dispatch nanotechs with impunity.
    *shrug*

the issue of the descriptions for ga-nukes being misleading/non-uniform/whatever is a valid one, but kind of petty.
    is it confusing the first time you see it? yes
    is it confusing the second time? no
    will it be clarified? probably not
    technically it could probably be called a `bug', but only one on par with a spelling or grammar error...and fixing these is not exactly funcom's priority or forte (it took them 6 months and 3 tries to spell `nanocluster of suppressive firing' correctly). somehow i don't think changing a few numbers in the description of a confusing nano crystal is on the top of the devs' to-do list.

and btw: quack takes exactly 5 pts of energy dmg when you ga-nuke him. he probably isn't even a fixer.

Originally posted by Hoops

This thread is a VERY valid one. The damage listed on the nano is not halved in PvP. It does need to be changed. Uniformity is a must.
    This has probally be stated but the Damage listed is 1/2 of what the nano acutally does.

Look at the AO database you will see that the GA nuke if used against a GA Fixer Npc would do Dbl Dmg, now please stopy crying.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Originally posted by Hoops

Thanks for once again spamming my thread with rehashed information.

Yes, we've all seen that database and yes we all understand that the amount of damage listed on the nano is intended for PvP.

Who cares?

Uniformity is a must.

I should not have to dig around in a third-party database to find out if the ref of the new chew toy is misleading or plain wrong. It doesn't take a lot of common sense to see the problem here. We need to be able to assume that any given item will follow long-standing rules.

There is at least one mob on Rubi-ka that has been seen to wear Grid Armor, so please don't feed us the 'pvp-only' line. If you want to see it, check out Wailing Waste. I'm not a tour guide, you're on your own.
    The Title of your thread should be "The description feild of the NT GA nuke is wrong" so what they up the damage listed on the description.

problem fixed, now the NT GA nuke does the correct amount of damage listed.

????

i mean do you see the point? there not gonna take it out, its already being used, it would be wrong to remove it from the nt's that went thought the effort or payed the credits to obtain the nano, let this stupid topic die.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12