Thread: Ring Of the Nucleus basalis (MAKE UNIQUE !)

Ring Of the Nucleus basalis (MAKE UNIQUE !)

I would Please ask that you make this ring Unique. For one....there are many low level players that are new to the game and are playing in the new subway area but when they want to try and get this item they can't because the spawn is soo heavily contested by high levels Camping the mob getting Ring after Ring after ring to sell for 10+ Mill. It is sad when tons of High levels who want this ring go in to ruin a game for new players because they can twink their character up soo much that they can almost assure themselves that they will beat out everyone else to get this item.

Before anyone starts hounding me on this ( HIGH LEVELS ) I myself play a ATM 98 Agent so I cannot get into this dungeon, but I do have an alt that I could go in and get it, but after reading the frustration that alot of new players are feeling in this area I am choosing not to.

Making something like this Unique will NOT HARM ANYONE....except those farming trying to line their pockets.

Think about the impact on someone just coming into the game..only to know that an item in a area that is restricted and was made just for the low level people is camped with nothing but twinks and they have no chance of getting one of these great items themselves. It will really screw them up for the mindset that they will not be able to get anything in this game worth having as there will always be someone that has a twink or is farming the item from them for the duration.....the frustration level would be intense.

Yes I know this is a common occurance in all MMORPGs....hell I witnessed it in EQ. But some things just get out of control, and this is a solution to the problem.

Flame Away !

What led me to this was this discussion:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=72579
    Last edited by Zeronx; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 20:45:26.

good idea actually.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

agree there is a problem camping for the ring, but at the same time if it becomes unique, all the players who have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing can not have it.

My 144 NT is extremely happy my 24 Crat found it.

- Btw I didn't have to camp for hours on end, fortunately I was in the CS at the time of the patch - at the bottom of the spirals when I was told the second emergency patch was occuring - I just loged upstairs near the mob, and after out damaging the campers - the ring was mine.

Like most wanted things in the game, it is camped.

but the neat thing is that if a Newb DOES get it, they have just earned a couple mill to start the game with.

I had No money to start and was insanely unhappy with the first couple weeks of play before the subways. I never was one to beg, and money comes slow initally.

Another point is a REAL newb generally wont understand the concept of NCU for some time. Since the subway is such a cool (but laggy) place, I think making the ring unique is a terrible idea -

Also - a whole bunch of newbies always are asking about the game - if a few vets are camped down there - I think its a great source of info for them too.

- not ment to stir a debate, just would be really bummed if my NT couldn't have the opportuity to have the extra NCU.

Delfarce 144nt
    Desicratt 24crat