Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nuke range is shorter then weapon range. Nuke range is < 40M

I'll test this with somebody later today. If it's like Piercing says, I want answers.

--Stexernessitynessnessserty
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Originally posted by Stexer
    I'll test this with somebody later today. If it's like Piercing says, I want answers.

--Stexernessitynessnessserty
    Let me know what you come up with. Im fresh out of answers.

No answers yet? This is a very bad thing if it is true. You took away our range because we were killing much to easy, and exploiting mobs. Yet you said that you capped the range at 40M.

Do you think a soldier, or any ranged profession should have the exact same range as my nukes?

This is sillyness.

bump first...

and second to give this bump a little sense..

sure,we will never get the same opinion on this topic cause im a agent,but maybe we can just change arguments here to bump the thread..

totally right..on existing items you are able to do higher range attacks than agents if range cap falls.....

but i think its wrong to make it that way.

an agent rifle should be widest range in my eyes....
    why...?
    cause we can use telescopes on our weapons to look this far.
    and we are snipers that should be able to hit without beeing seen. (no not we are.....we should be)

i cant understand why a nt should be able to fight a target he cant see without binoculars.

in my understanding a nt sees a target,concentrates on his nano and releases the power he gets from his concentration towards the target.
    so he cant nuke a target he cannot see.

of cause i understand completely that you want a higher range and i have no problem with that ,cause otherwise the range deck increaser would stay senseless,.....but it should increas your range to visual range.

....but not as high as agents....

if you have in mind what professions should be able and what not (of cause there are a lot of things to do for all professions) you should come to that conclusion also.

but i guess if we get to "realistic" on this topic we will get technical problems with the visual sight graphicwise.

so we have to half the "realism"...

pls excuse my stumbling english..i hope it doesnt stand in our way for a further discussion...just try to figure out what im trying to say instead of straight reading it.

..youre turn....

Well I can't compare a sniper rifle with a AO rifle vs a nuke because there are no nukes in real life. However, I can just state what I stated in my original post. If there was a 400M range cap, the NT would have the longest range of all due to range increasing items and nano formulas. So it was Funcoms intention to make us the longest of the long range fighters, with agents being second.

...and this intention was the wrong way.....

but its all messed up anyway beeing melee profs able to hit a range thats totally out of makiing sense.

i understand its difficult and has technical boarders to get a touch of realism into that topic cause you cant make a range=sight thingie for longranged weapons (...and ok...nukes).

but at least beeing able to hit from longer range should be a bit of a advantage.

it was fine the way it was before the 40m cap.

i think if i remember right they capped it because of mobs that could not hit over 40m. so some used this to get exp without beeing able to get hit.

but it should be possible to make a difference between a fight between people and pvm.
    they did that already.

so i just cant understand where the point is for fc to make a range cap?

Originally posted by Factotum

i cant understand why a nt should be able to fight a target he cant see without binoculars.

.. because it´s the year 29476 or something like that and I´m a wizard. That´s why. :P

"Being neutral in AO (...) is not viewed as a 'side' in and of itself." - Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison

Chris Soulraiser Bounocore - Proud Director of Dragon Security Agency

+ 220 ENF, 220 SOL, 220 NT, 220 ENG, 220 CRAT, 220 MP

posted by Factotum

where the point is for fc to make a range cap?
    When the range cap was put in, players screamed loud and long. FunCom was finally forced to do something they absolutely hate to do, and that was to explain their game mechanics. One of the designers, Jim Salabim, explained it in an article called Maximum Range. Originally, FunCom tried increasing the range on some mobs. Plants in particular were boosted. But it was still possible to attack mobs that were not able to find you to attack back.

FunCom now owes us an explanation as to why they've deviated from capping both weapons and nanos at 40m. Was it intentional, or is it a bug?
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

So are you saying that agents should have better range then NT's?

If so, you really can't continue a discussion with

...and this intention was the wrong way.....

and expect that to be validation :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12