Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuke range is shorter then weapon range. Nuke range is < 40M

Nuke range is shorter then weapon range. Nuke range is < 40M

Ok. Im sick of this range crap and I want some answers.

Right now I'm in Avalon trying to keel these new towers. So I'm standing back and I fling shot a tower.

Im using a 199 ithaca, 24m range with a 250 VE that gives rangeinc 41.

In the same stance I try to use IEF, which has a 35M range while I have nano cloud supplement running giving me a ragenf 86. My IEF is out of range but I'm still shooting away with my shotgun.

Now I have noticed this in PvP before but a static target makes it all the more clear. WTF is going on! Someone from Funcom please tell me why the hell ranged users can outrange me! And why the hell I'm not at 40M capped with my nukes!!

this has been asked numerous times i can rember superflu hitting me and i couldnt even visualy see him ( and yes it was all the way up)

but its always the same answer from funcom

<crickets>
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

BUMP FOR ANSWERS PLZ

Tested again, same results. Can this be looked into?

Snarf and I brought this up a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago, Mantravadi killed me outside of nukedistance in 2HO, with a Nova!!!
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

hehe in 1 hit as well, i remember that time.

Strange. When I used nova with 250 VE, it had less range then my nuke with a range increaser in.

Side note, in the process of putting my TIM scope back on, I noticed the 250 VE requires 1326 perception. Is it my imagination or was this increased drastically recently? I don't recall needing that much to put that VE on.

Yup, went up from like 800. Silent nerf :P.

And no, I can assure you weapon users have further range then I do, not because they are going over 40M, its because I'm not hitting the 40M mark. Somethings up.

Holy Bump Batman.

I think nanos *should* be the longest range attacks in the game, after possibly sniper rifles. NT's are supposed to be the masters of tactical damage. plain an simple. Grr at the powers that be! Fix this!
    "'Techs are your friend! Everyone uses Nano!" - Zaenix
    "Wushu Ninjagirl, smackin mobs like beef slappin on wet pavement" - Rosmarin
    "Never trust a hive-mind" - Sittinpretty (ex-OT mind control subject)

Originally posted by Zaenix
    Holy Bump Batman.

I think nanos *should* be the longest range attacks in the game, after possibly sniper rifles. NT's are supposed to be the masters of tactical damage. plain an simple. Grr at the powers that be! Fix this!
    I've heard a lot of agents say this and I'll tell you why nukes should be longer range. We were given a nano range increaser, they were given the Yatamuchi scope. But check out what Funcom wanted to have the longest range.

Agents rifles

I think the highest range rifle is 34M. Coupled with a QL200 Yatamutchy gives modify weapon range 50. Don't think agents get any range buffs.

Total = 84M

Nano-technician NF's

IEF has 35M right there, coupled with Notum Overload gives modify nano range 104, couple with a QL200 computer deck range increaser is 150.

Total = 289M

Hmmmmmm.

RangeInc is percent not meters, or else my fists would have 50m range =D.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Actually, the good old Mausser Particle Streamer was the item with the longest range in the game back before they introduced the 40m cap. Base range on the MPS was over 40m. Then comes roughly +100% from LLTS and yatamuchis.

But back to the original point of the thread: I agree, nukes should at least not have a shorter range cap than weapons.

Originally posted by SuupaSayen
    RangeInc is percent not meters, or else my fists would have 50m range =D.
    Ok so then:

My gun 24M range + 41% = 34M

My nukes 35M + 86% = 65.1M

Either way you slice it my nukes should be way higher (if you use a set number) or capping at 40 (if you use percentage).

Kababidabump for an storm scum... errr... or an fellow NT... yeah...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Arrow

*bump for some answers*

Cz ?

Why should the casting profs be screwed at every turn, FunCom?
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Bump till I get an answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast