Thread: Ring Of the Nucleus basalis

Ring Of the Nucleus basalis

Ok, Im pretty new to AO after taking a long 12 month break from the game. Dungeons etc are great! A new addition that improves enjoyment to the game......until....
    Special loot has to be a bad idea.

Ring of the Nucleus Basalis
    +5 NCU for every 95-105 ish treatment to a maximum of +20 NCU
    (right finger only ring) Now Ive seen these sell for 10 million all the way down to the current price of 1 million credits (the occasional spoon buying for 5+ million to the greedy campers out there.
    Here is the problem...
    High levels want them, they cant get them (level limit 24 to get in).
    So they can either Buy em from a Lucky Nubi (Who really had no idea how much they were worth, I discovered when I auctioned mine taking offers and got a first bid of 2 million... I mean wow!! New back to AO nothing owned, new character, back to basics and I mean such an amazing boost. I decided to help other Nubi's get a ring and get them that great headstart that they need. (I even sold them for them) But I guess greed even gets to the Nubi where one wanted me to sell his third, his fourth his fifth...When i started charging commision (10%) They decided to sell their own, Good on them, a little bit of independance! However when It gets to their 5th level 24th character purely to sell these rings.....I mean come on people there is more to the Game!!
    But get this...I wandered down there the other day and what do I see? Level 21+ characters in Full CAS armor (one 29th)etc camping this one guy for the ring. I mean come ON guys!! How much does CAS sell for? So you play a character from 1-24+ keep him inside never bring him out, twinked with millions.....
    Now you can either Buy a ring from a nubi for about 2 million credits....
    Or You can play a new character twink him so he can solo and not die against him (Full CAS costing millions etc)...Are you insane? No? THe reason being is theyre not after one ring, theyre after many...To pay for their Twink and then make a profit. These people arent intrested in helping the community, helping a Nubi, they are just helping themselves.
    Whats wrong with that? I guess nothing IN MODERATION. Everyone has a right to do it. Ethically No one does.
    But it gets worse......

Now we have a conflicting occurence.....
    The "Camp site" is now a contested area between twinks where the Nubi's are losing out. Nubi's are refused groups to get the ring ("after all they may not be really Nubi's and I want the rings, Its Uber loot, Nubi's dont deserve"). I witnessed 3 Parties all twinks from different factions fighting over the one camp site, two of them had been there many many many hours (time it took me to play from 8-20th soloing in there) and got numerous rings Until two Guys from a Particular guild (Wont mention them, Ive approached their Leader) Bo the bureaucrats march in Charm the spawn and attempt to run off with him. Using the CHarm to steal a kill. Those who are familiar with kill stealing in EQ know this is just as bad as Pking- Its grief playing.....
    Battle of the Titans in a nubi dungeon.

SO This RIng needs tobe nurfed!! NO-DROP? Too extreme? Well it is after all these high levels that ruin the game for the Nubi's in the Nubi environment? DO these High levels ruin it for the rest? In my current frame of Mind, HELL YES.

But How about UNIQUE, Seems a sensible solution, you loot one you cant loot another (it can only be worn one finger anyway). WHats to stop them 'muling' it off to another once its looted and heading back? I think a solution needs to be found. Im in favour of No-Drop, and make one of a higher level Drop elsewhere where risk vs reward can be fulfilled without ruining it for the Nubi's. Ok Its cuttingoff the Nubi's source of cash but theyre not getting any now anyway with all the twinks camping it. Maybe put a Max level on it, cant be equipped after 50 (those already equipped not affected. There is after all many a better ing at later levels than that, surely?.

Thoughts? Arguments?
    Intelligent constructive criticisms?

RedNalroni

You cannot make it so high level players cannot wear the ring, I am level 175 nano mage adventurer and its the best ring ihave. it helps me beyoind belief!

I understand that Kupomaster. But it drops in a dungeon that has a level 25 cap. The only way you SHOULD get it is pay for it from someone who looted it. Not twink an Alt and camp for it.
    If it drops elsewhere in the Steps of madness for instance what would it matter if the one in the Nubi Dungeon be limited to being equiped by characters of 25th level or less? It makes no difference. What would 2 million materr to you?
    Would you pay 2 million or twink an alt to the value of several million to get justone ring? Its these high levels that even though 2 million is a couple of hours work they would much rather sit at a camp site for a couple of hours to earn the same cash...its safer with no risk to their near indestrucatble Twinks.

I agree with you. Although making it UNIQUE would probably solve the problem of the twinkster's farming them. At least they couldn't farm dozens at a time. They'd have to leave when they found one which would allow for 'true' newbs to get a chance.

I'm happy with the way it is now but making it unique wouldn't be a bad idea. I dont mind paying a noob 10 mil for an item where the stats justify it. Of course I don't want to see a bunch of twinks down there hogging it. I have an alt in the subway now just because it's a new place and alot of fun. I can tell the true noobs and the alts pretty fast. The noobs always get me killed.