Thread: Ok, if you are casting profession please bump to get this looked into.

Ok, if you are casting profession please bump to get this looked into.

Ok, now this is very, very frustrating. First, it seems that you cannot help teamates who are fighting. While I do like this a bit for duels in the arena, it means that if you are in MMD with a teammate and they get ganked, you cannot attack them.

Also, and a real pain in the ass, If you try to fight someone in MMD and Q them, they can deprive or cast any nano on you easy, and all you can do is fire back until they Q you, it sounds strange but its happened since last patch.

Anyone else notice this? Getting the cannot initiate pvp message while still under attack?

Yes. :P Been brought to Funcom's attention in other forums and no reply.

Yes. They've really borked up PvP with the last patch.

Most people might like the fact that it's harder for people to team up and kill you at arena or whatever. But you can't tell me it wasn't exciting to be in a full team, gank someone of the opposing side, only to find out they're in a full team, too. One person aggroing another turns into a 6-on-6 battle. That's the excitement -- and danger -- of the arena. And I miss that.

The inability to use specials/hostile nanos unless the other person is aggro'd on you is just ridiculous. This needs to be fixed right away, 'cause NT's are especially hurt by this.

Example scenario:
    Trader drains NT.
    NT auto-attacks trader.
    Trader steps out of 0%/25%.
    NT can't nuke or use specials, and is relying on base damage from whatever weapon he/she's using.
    Trader plunders/divests the NT and turns their MC nano skill to ass.
    NT is, essentially, screwed, 'cause they never even had a chance to get one nuke off.

Needs fixing. And fast, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

yes, you are in combat with another person in low suppression and one moves into high suppression or both do, simply pressing 'q' to disengage in combat makes you immune to specials and nano formulas, until you use one even if you re-initiate combat. So someone with a good regular damage weapon could own someone with a bad one in this case because that would be the only damage done, unless the attacker used specials/nanos which obviously wouldn't be the reason to use such a bug.

http://www.synergyfactor.org/forums/...=&threadid=369

follow this link to a screenshot, you will see that my target is running away from me but they were in water and that disengages combat automatically. Note the 'pvp not allowed in this district' messages meant i was trying to use burst and my root but i got that message back when trying to. Atleast he didn't do it on purpose though Happens a lot with people trying to run away and zone, people usually exit combat so the aggro direction function of combat mode doesnt screw up their view.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Thats why you got to 2ho if u want real fight. MMD is just a neutral arena. Duel are buggy, laggy and ****y heh. I like this, ppl can no longer gank you.. well they can but way less. I really dont understand why ppl are ****ing about this, probly cause they cant Gank ppl anymore.. HAHAH @ you, FC just nerfed the only you were good at..
    Seriously, its a great thing IMO.

Originally posted by Insida
    Thats why you got to 2ho if u want real fight. MMD is just a neutral arena. Duel are buggy, laggy and ****y heh. I like this, ppl can no longer gank you.. well they can but way less. I really dont understand why ppl are ****ing about this, probly cause they cant Gank ppl anymore.. HAHAH @ you, FC just nerfed the only you were good at..
    Seriously, its a great thing IMO.
    why?

-MMD, camelot, arenas, 2ho are the only pvp zones in the game currently (yes i know NW is coming you dont have to remind me :-P). Sometimes there are people in mmd and none in 2ho, this past week has proved that so in *many* ways. There must've been 2 or 3 nights this whole week where there was a lot of renaissance omni's and lots of clanners. Not to mention, MMD is not an arena, people are just too scared to fight team vs team in downtown mmd. Even when this happens, people can run to the suppression line from town which is only a few seconds away, to get not special'ed or nuked/rooted/drained.

-So the same person who told me their opinion was that 2ho was so lame is now saying go there if you want a real fight??

-Btw people who pvp in places like the arena whether they gank or not does not mean thats all they're good at, even if they complain about it. I want this bug fixed, you even said yourself mmd is 'buggy' because of this, and i can tell you both my deaths and my kills are 80% 2h0. (and the significance of my sig goes out to all those idiots there who send me hate tells when I zone when its 1 vs 5, or when im being camped by noobs standing right next to the bunkers)
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

This also applies for weapon specials. If they don't "q you", you can only hit them with regular shots. Kind of takes the sting away froma soldier at least.

Yea, its annoying. Was teamed in Tir arena (there were omni gankers) and one omni stepped into 0%, initiated combat with a teammate and went right back into 75%. They both continued fighting, but I wasn't able to attack the person attacking my own teammate.

Broken.

Arrow

Yes it really sucks, especially since tower battles are almost exactly like MMD clones with some turrets around.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Amen, this is obviously a bug, and not a feature. Hopefully someone from Funcom can make statement about this?