Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tir/Clan Guards | Give neutrals more love!

Angry New Tir/Clan Guards | Give neutrals more love!

Why did'nt they put in the patch notes that "We are now kicking out the neutrals out of tir, go away.".

Damn it, why the heck did you put guards to attack neutrals, is it cause the sentinels guards are against neutrals?
    Its hard enough to be neutral, without having guards shotting at you, if this is going to stay, then beef up the neutral cities!
    Give neutrals some move love in this game!!!

Both Clan and Omni forms are sold in shops. Pick a side and stop screwing up peoples teams today

Join the Clans.

Bird
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Originally posted by Unit99
    Both Clan and Omni forms are sold in shops. Pick a side and stop screwing up peoples teams today
    :P

Originally posted by Unit99
    Constructive replies, as expected

Choke on your own vomit,

have a fine day.

hehe, app boards dont go up to more than lvl 125 ( i think) in neutral shops, and they are nodrop!

Only gimps use the TAB key!
    Last edited by Comis; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 16:03:42.

Wrong.

Calmers use the TAB key, too.
    Last edited by Character Zero; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 16:59:52.

Originally posted by Comis

hehe, app boards dont go up to more than lvl 125 ( i think) in neutral shops, and they are nodrop!

Only gimps use the TAB key!
    There are High Level Application Forms that go higher than level 125 in Neutral Superior Bookstores.

Instead of shooting at Neutrals to convince us to choose Clan or Omni they ought to offer us signing bonuses.

Think we'll join the clans after you shoot us ? Think again.

lol

there is no neutral love

never has been

they have stated that since day ONE that advantages belong to clan/OT

Neutral love = clan/omni aplication form

Neutrals have a hard life, that has been basically the way it was always told. Now it is true.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: New Tir/Clan Guards | Give neutrals more love!

Originally posted by Comis
    Why did'nt they put in the patch notes that "We are now kicking out the neutrals out of tir, go away.".
    As a matter of fact they did put it in the patch notes, under world changes.
    The Sentinels have taken control of Tir, and Omni-Tek employees will be shot on sight. Neutrals should be warned that some Sentinel officers are not too fond of fence-sitters either.
    "Omni-Tek protects"?
    So does Durex, so what?"

-Caloss2

Originally posted by Yazule
    lol

there is no neutral love

never has been

they have stated that since day ONE that advantages belong to clan/OT

Neutral love = clan/omni aplication form

Neutrals have a hard life, that has been basically the way it was always told. Now it is true.
    Hmmm, I get to argue with Yaz today.........wheeeeee!

*cracks knuckles loudly before placing my hands back on the keyboard*

The life of a Neutral HAS always been a hard life......this change doesn't suddenly *make* it hard, as you imply. What it does, is in one fell swoop, it takes away the thing that Neutrals(or, at least, I) cherish the most.......freedom of mobility. This freedom is earned the hard way, as well........only by the sheer determination of leveling a Neutral high enough so the NPC's in Clan/Omni cities are gray. Constantly holding true to your course, and weathering snide comments like "Damn, my Tab is screwed up now"(so is mine, bonehead) "Why don't you pick a side"(I *have*) "If you're not with us, you're against us"(which is complete BS, think up a better excuse already.........that one's sooooo trite)......and worse. And, of course, being actively shunned when looking for a team at times. Yeah, now THERE's a really nice feeling. Staying Neutral requires more discipline, determination, TIME, and just plain strength of character than you could ever know if you've never played one to high levels. And above all, never give up.
    Until now, guards have never directly aggroed us.......but, until an NPC is gray *it* WILL, and then the guards jump in as well. As one of the very few high-level Neutrals, this freedom of mobility is my RIGHT.......I HAVE EARNED IT. The ONLY areas Neutrals don't really have a right to expect to go unmolested(nice word choice there ) are Omni HQ, and the CoT/CoA areas imho.
    Now, looking at it from the RP/gameplay perspective.......Omni is the easy road, Clan is in the middle, and Neutral is the hard road. Hmmm, who's the fence-sitter again?

P.S. had more to write, but that was a good ending note

edit: hey Yaz........you've seen my sig enough, why don't you click on that nice little "Neut" link and do some reading in there?
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Angry give neutrals some love!

All I know is, some guy blowing me away the second I get out of the whompa in Tir, just made me more militant than ever that I'M NEUTRAL, DRATTIT! This whole planet is my home. I don't give a rollerrattail about anybody's politics - if you're on Rubi-Ka, you're my people. I'm no waffler - I have decided. I chose to live and let live. And kill whoever's trying to kill me.

Until more of these righteous fanatics develop the moral character to live and let live, there's gonna be a whole lot of dyin' goin' on.

Merrymeg, Applicant, The Elite Academy
    proud to stay neutral

Want love? Go to Omni and Clan. The ONLY thing you can complain about is the lack of a Miir shop in Neutral-land!
    ~Chris

say something worth while or get lost Megabio.

What I want is something official from FC to either confirm or deny that Neutrals are being phased out. I am sick an tired of this "pick a side" trite.

Come on CZ, who do I believe? Do I believe Gaute and his articles on neutrality? http://www.anarchyonline.com/content...articles/2400L

Or do I believe that the sentinels at Tir is just the fist step in strangling neutrality out of the game? Taking away a neutrals travel rights and you take a away one of the only advantages left to being neutral.

So what's it gonna be CZ? Can I have an official answer from FC please?

Originally posted by Lady Kali
    say something worth while or get lost Megabio.
    Just because people don't tell you what you'd like to hear doesn't mean they can't be right.

And could you please explain to me how Sentinels in Tir would make it impossible to play a neutral? It could be some neut logic my clan brain can't comprehend, or it could be you're just dragging in every argument you can possibly get your hands on to prove we all need to feel sorry for you neutrals. Guess what I don't feel sorry for you (or anyone else for that matter).

I hated to see the guards in Tir go and leave Tir wide open for every OT lowbie wanting to take a look. But I was glad something happened story wise and I sure didn't make a big deal out of it like some of you are doing right now. There will be a lot more changes in the game world due to the storyline evolving, some you will like, and some you won't like. But in the end that just makes this game even more interesting and more real.

One a side note: Has anyone even thought about the possibility that FC wants you to get more militant and angry at both the clans and Omni-Tek and thus get more determined to stay neutral?
    "Omni-Tek protects"?
    So does Durex, so what?"

-Caloss2

Originally posted by Nealandbob

Hmmm, I get to argue with Yaz today.........wheeeeee!

*cracks knuckles loudly before placing my hands back on the keyboard*

The life of a Neutral HAS always been a hard life......this change doesn't suddenly *make* it hard, as you imply. What it does, is in one fell swoop, it takes away the thing that Neutrals(or, at least, I) cherish the most.......freedom of mobility. This freedom is earned the hard way, as well........only by the sheer determination of leveling a Neutral high enough so the NPC's in Clan/Omni cities are gray. Constantly holding true to your course, and weathering snide comments like "Damn, my Tab is screwed up now"(so is mine, bonehead) "Why don't you pick a side"(I *have*) "If you're not with us, you're against us"(which is complete BS, think up a better excuse already.........that one's sooooo trite)......and worse. And, of course, being actively shunned when looking for a team at times. Yeah, now THERE's a really nice feeling. Staying Neutral requires more discipline, determination, TIME, and just plain strength of character than you could ever know if you've never played one to high levels. And above all, never give up.
    Until now, guards have never directly aggroed us.......but, until an NPC is gray *it* WILL, and then the guards jump in as well. As one of the very few high-level Neutrals, this freedom of mobility is my RIGHT.......I HAVE EARNED IT. The ONLY areas Neutrals don't really have a right to expect to go unmolested(nice word choice there ) are Omni HQ, and the CoT/CoA areas imho.
    Now, looking at it from the RP/gameplay perspective.......Omni is the easy road, Clan is in the middle, and Neutral is the hard road. Hmmm, who's the fence-sitter again?

P.S. had more to write, but that was a good ending note

edit: hey Yaz........you've seen my sig enough, why don't you click on that nice little "Neut" link and do some reading in there?
    hehe neal, I was neut in beta and live for the first month or two, I switched because it was a hard life, it is harder now yes, but war is comming

nothing against neuts bro, I come from that world, but I saw long ago that it was not a good way to play the game for me.

war is coming, and basically it will be one of those things "pick a side or be crushed between us".

think of it as a Role playing experience

and I would never argue with you, like you too much (unless you say something reallly realllly dumb hehe)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Gaute Godager

The role of the neutrals in the story has been the subject of much debate within Funcom. Some feel that the neutrals are essential to the story, and that they will play a part in deciding which side wins. In many ways the neutrals are the victims of the conflict. If or when they rise and ally themselves with one of the opposing sides, maybe the balance will change, and the outcome of the conflict decided?

There are actually quite a few advantages of being neutral today. As a neutral, you may go to all cities without being afraid of getting killed. You may shop in all trade-skill shops, and thus have cheap and ready access to all implants and other trade-skill items. You may listen in on both the other sides' out of character channels, making it easier to find teams, knowledge, and goods to trade.

Of course, there are many disadvantages, too. As a neutral, you do not have access to most of the clan and Omni-Tek shops, you will be hunted by sided monsters, you may not attack first in political PvP areas, and so on. Life as a neutral isn't a dance on roses.
    No....life as neut was never intended to be easy, and most neuts I know are proud of that fact. And living between two parties at the brink of open warfare will get even thougher as the war escalates, this is something all neutrals will have to deal with ...so to all of you who choose to stay neutral, all respect, but don't complain when things doesn't go your way.

One of your advantages are temporarely taken away due to a change in storyline....If most of you neuts are such great roleplayers as most of you claim to be (and those I know ingame have proven to be) you should be thrilled about this.
    Not complain that you are being nerfed...

And even if life as neutral isn't a dance on roses, you're all still welcome to the Roses parties
    Last edited by Raveleet; Nov 24th, 2002 at 01:43:32.
    All the ducks are swimming in the water

Originally posted by Yazule

hehe neal, I was neut in beta and live for the first month or two, I switched because it was a hard life, it is harder now yes, but war is comming

nothing against neuts bro, I come from that world, but I saw long ago that it was not a good way to play the game for me.

war is coming, and basically it will be one of those things "pick a side or be crushed between us".

think of it as a Role playing experience

and I would never argue with you, like you too much (unless you say something reallly realllly dumb hehe)
    hehe Yaz.......well, your first post was just worded a bit too harshly for my tastes.....that was what got me riled, sorry.

Neutral IS my side.....always will be. I have faaaar too many friends on the Clan/Omni sides, and I value my friendships more than Tokens =)

I don't really RP. The character I play is.........largely.........me. I've been to war IRL. Believe me when I tell ya, once was enough. Been there, done that, don't wanna go back.

And when I say something stupid, I'll be the first in line to slap myself when it's pointed out

/me hugs Yaz

edit: I still believe it is my RIGHT to have free movement over Rubi-Ka(with the above noted exceptions), NOT a privelage. That belief will never change as well.
    Last edited by Nealandbob; Nov 24th, 2002 at 19:05:00.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Originally posted by Coredump
    Constructive replies, as expected

Choke on your own vomit,
    Hm, equally constructive.