Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: longer pvp fights?

Unhappy longer pvp fights?

Let me start off by saying MAs need help and enforcers you guys rock now.

I just wanted to know if FC REALLY wants to make longer pvp fights with these super weapons though. EoT looked menacing before, but compared to P-rod or QB/EQB well.. not complaining, just can't see the logic. Or it is just a lame excuse for something else to come.
    Monstajugga
    Agent
    RK-1

Heh

You guys will get weapons soon enough...

Remember FC's vision, war not duels.
    Allthough i like duels more.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Well yeah you're an enforcer, bet you like self buffed duels even more Oh and don't take this as ducking out of a fight either, im up for anything: duels, brawls, selfbuffed or whatever. Still lookin to fight someone w/ eqb.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Originally posted by Abid
    Well yeah you're an enforcer, bet you like self buffed duels even more Oh and don't take this as ducking out of a fight either, im up for anything: duels, brawls, selfbuffed or whatever. Still lookin to fight someone w/ eqb.
    hehe, i remember anikitos telling me that he wouldn't duel anyone ever again without RRF
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

QB / EQB / P-Rod MUST be nerfed!!
    And Im saying this to stop the profession boosts / nerfs..
    As I am an enforcer myself and has pvp'ed alot, enforcer has ALWAYS been a great profession, and with the new changes to the profession nanos and such it's a bit better, but not unbalanced.
    What is unbalanced is the enf weapons, it's more or less like letting soldiers in on 10K dmg again in pvp.. which we all know was fun (for soldiers) but wasnt balanced.

So, take this from a enforcer who played / studied enforcer in the NW beta, and from a balancing point of view it's simple, either take the weapons out of the game, rework the attack times, or the damage it's WAY too high atm.

This is quite obvious when I get the kill for something taking 5 seconds to kill, and MA's / Traders get off 3-5 hits on the target, I get off one, and outdamage them all... insane is thw word.

and last, DONT nerf the profession, consider the weapons, please!

Cant agree more with Breaku even if id love to FA some people bottom for 13k ~
    But thats my way of seeing things, i got no problem at all with those weapons IF damage is brought back up to 100% and all damage nerf taken away (that includes hard cap range on nukes and NT stuns), but as this will never happend, i cant do anything else than urge the current enforcers to get their weapon damage arranged, just the weapons that do insane dmg and nothing more dont go nerfing my beloved Enfs, but several 2k reg hits is just too much compared to everybody else damage abilities, its like saying a NT can chain LW ur butt ...
    Infamine 200 soljah

humm i was kinda enjoying pvp again as a crat till this patch now nano resist is so much more effective partly do to the new resists on most of my roots and snares. Anyways before the patch i could actully duel a enforcer and have a chance at winning ( i am not jokeing at all it was really nice ) but that has all changed again. Back to having to run like a woman at every major attack.

BTW gsf plz
    PVP Crat - More gimped than you would belive, but i still kill
    RK1
    Pokees Pokees
    LostClevage President of Enron

RK2
    Titlehugger Psycho PVP crat
    Flushdragon SUpAh Gimped trox adv

MA's need Jesus Christ himself to fix work us properly in AO. Either FC makes us too uber (then the whinners cry nerf), or nerf's us on par with engi's.

As for Enfs, no, they're perfectly balanced, new weapons are a tad bit overpowerd, but please FC, fix the weapons, ignore the cries of nerf from some babies that play this game.

Amen to everything said above.

I simply don't see the logic.

FC's excuse for nerfing pvp crit% was for longer duels right? At the cost of all MAs. ANd then they introduce these non-crit reliant super weapons that often 3-4 hit kill. So whatever happened to the longer duels?
    Monstajugga
    Agent
    RK-1

Roots, GA, MK, deprives... Thats what happened. Now deal!

Umm Ognom your post makes no sense in this thread. Funcom nerfs crits then introduces new weapons that are as good or better at non crit damage as crit weapons were at crits pre nerf.

This doesn't slow down combat it just cripples MA's in PvP.
    Funcom need to do something about this. And I agree with Breaku the new Uber weapons need a nerf not the Enf proffession. Also give us MA's a fix.
    Sunraven - Jumpaholic and Speedfreak.

ok, new weapons?, the QB was adjusted, it's not new, and it's still slow as molasses in winter.......

EQB........hardly anyone has this weapon on live...........Breaku was talking about beta stuff?.................i know maybe 2-4 people have EQB........., it's slow but awesome damage when it hits

the new melee shop doesn't go past ql 138 atm, so those weapons are useless to high lvl enforcers

which brings me to my final POINT, EQB is not enf only guys.......hmmm they finally give melee users or anyone who wants to pick up melee a good weapon for damage, to compensate for the 1/4 of range we get.

it's half damage in pvp and half crits, so most damage that's possible per hit with eqb is maybe something close to 3k on someone over 8k hitpoints at the time, cause you can't do more than 40% damage in one hit.

btw, do you know what it takes to get EQB?, first you need to go into the den to get blade, it's nodrop, then you after camping that, have to camp a mob that takes quite a few people to kill, and maybe you'll get a drop of mesh, and maybe you'll win loot raffle. you don't mission for it..........

and it's slow, real slow.......and they nerfed init. over 1200 (rage) so you can't bring these weapons to 1/1

sure you see damage on the weapon really high reg damage, but that's like saying nerf supernovas.................

so before you jump on this train, think what it takes to get it, if it was easy, there'd be lots of high lvls with EQB on, but there's just a lot of QB users atm, and imo beam is better

Originally posted by Sunraven
    Umm Ognom your post makes no sense in this thread. Funcom nerfs crits then introduces new weapons that are as good or better at non crit damage as crit weapons were at crits pre nerf.

This doesn't slow down combat it just cripples MA's in PvP.
    Funcom need to do something about this. And I agree with Breaku the new Uber weapons need a nerf not the Enf proffession. Also give us MA's a fix.
    wrong!!!!!! ok, before crit nerf ma's were critting like every other hit and could attack 1/1 at full defense........

look at the attack/recharge of EQB, it's like 3/7.5 or something, i'm too lazy to look it up, watch someone with qb if you don't beleive me, when they attack something they are sitting there for 4-5 seconds in between attacks, and before MA's could have critted a few times for more damage

BUT, i think it's crap what they did to ma's, i don't like to see nerfs, just don't compare FISTS to QB or EQB, if someone went full D with qb, it would be like 10 seconds between swings, if not longer......

no comparison what so ever

Originally posted by BoredofAO
    wrong!!!!!! ok, before crit nerf ma's were critting like every other hit and could attack 1/1 at full defense........
    1/1 full deffense.... LOL thanks for the good laugh.

Its ignorant uniformed posts like this that spread untrue urban legends. Get your facts straight.

I have fought against Enf using EQB. It may be slow but when it kills me in 3 hits it is still more damage than I did in the hits I did.
    Infact there was no point in the enf even hitting me with it. His mongo would have healed any damage I did to him. His damage shield did more damage to me than I did to him. I was hurting myself more hitting him than he was getting hurt!!

Am I saying nerf enfs? No. Just give something to MA's to compensate for our lack of damage. We are supposed to be the biggest damage dealers in melee, if you beleive what the info in the char creation room says. This is not true so something needs to be done to our damage output either that or Funcom needs to change what it says in Char creation.

Personally I think Funcom will do nothing to fix MA's and just change the char creation. Funcom always takes the easiest way out.
    Sunraven - Jumpaholic and Speedfreak.

EQB is 4/7.2. You can easily get the attack time to 1 and the recharge to 2 or so. Its an extremely powerful non-crit weapon, plain and simple.

You want Longer PvP fights??

Doc vs DOC

I fully agree, there should be more balance in available weaponry.

Whether thats by adding more weapons (More fun for all, happy peoples) or nerfing (ooh bad)

Balance should be achieved one way or another. Melee weapons have a bit of an edge now (well, the big slow ones do) but in PVM I honestly dont solo all THAT much better than I used to with EoT. However, for 30 seconds I am Ian Warr, smashing like a madman (flurry)

Other than that it's probably not so bad, and some new guns should do the trick.

Bump for weapons (and a Ql200 uber ranged AND melee vendor, with expensive (50M+) Weapons! w00)

Or, as Anikitos said - War not duels. Enfs have more problems in mass PVP (well, compared to selfbuffed 1v1 duels).

It may, or may not even out. If it doesnt then tweakage should be required. Somehow
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Nov 25th, 2002 at 08:16:24.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Heh...

FC has a vision my dear citizens...

The vision is WAR.
    I personally like duels to be honest...but FC wants war.

Here is the the thing.
    If an enforcer comes close to you, yes you should tremble with fear. Remeber that E/QB is a melee weapon and an enforcer needs to get close to you in order to do dmg.

Thats the biggest problem us melee chrs have. Range. I can live with that. But when i get into range i want my opponent to feal the full wrath of my power and **** in his pants when i start to hit him. :P

QB is not a 1/1 weapon. If i use FOB, you WILL crit me. In a war if i use FOB and have 2 or 3 ppl shooting me i WILL go down.

So, us melee need an advnantage. With E/QB and similar weapons we get a good boost.

E/QB is not an ENF only weapon.

EQB is hard to get and not every enforcer will use EQB.
    I have killed Diamandine that drops the DMM 2 times so far and she did not drop it once.

If EQB is so rare as it is, yes it should be feared and powerfull.
    There are weapons with range that have awesome power too.

Do not compare a E/QB Enforcer to an MA. Ma's are totally screwed right now. I can take MA with my dmg shield alone, dont have to use weapons.

What does that say? Ma is gimped.
    Solution? Make MA less crit reliant and up his fist base dmg in pvp.

Nerfing E/QB is the wrong way to do it. I concider it balanced when you look at the bigger picture.

But if you think that FC is going to nerf E/QB because you got your ass spanked by an Enforcer in arena, standing there and going toe to toe with him....you on crack or something.

Now, enjoy the game and I see you all soon...
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

FCs vision is not war, its money.....

Every time you make a new demigod proff, while destroying other proffs, you will make alot of ppl go make new toons of the new demigod proff, hence staying in game longer, hence paying longer...

Wait a few months, then nerf something, make something else good, you got a nice circle going, question is how long customers will bite the pillow...

Could be easily seen the night after 14.6, the backyards were crawling with trox enfs..
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast