Thread: Social patch ;D

Thumbs up Social patch ;D

Amen Bhaaz

Re: Social patch ;D

Originally posted by Monrakashi
    Amen Bhaaz
    Agreed, sister, Monrakashi!

At least give us a socially oriented patch. A pseudo social patch. A quasi social patch. A give-me-a-tab-just-to-put-my-social-clothes-on-so-I-won't-have-to-shoehorn-my-gimpy-nanobreed-arse-back-into-my-armor-and-weapons patch.

yay

Indeed a hotkey for switching between social gear and armour would be a heaven sent.
    few things are more frustrating than completely having to buff up for armour armour a nice quite evening in your dress
    Still new to the game since 15th July 2001
    Still alive and kicking

Re: yay

Originally posted by Laryssa
    Indeed a hotkey for switching between social gear and armour would be a heaven sent.
    few things are more frustrating than completely having to buff up for armour armour a nice quite evening in your dress
    first we need the possibility to have social armor equipped at the same time as regular armor. Perhaps the ability to choose the social armor to cover the other type, or just switch between them without having to unequip anything.

but first we need HATS!

Re: Re: yay

Originally posted by Drsnurre

first we need the possibility to have social armor equipped at the same time as regular armor. Perhaps the ability to choose the social armor to cover the other type, or just switch between them without having to unequip anything.

but first we need HATS!
    Yeah! That would be great... But... um... I can see people whining for another GA nerf if this ever happens.

So my vote is: No.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Re: Re: Re: yay

Originally posted by Hoops

Yeah! That would be great... But... um... I can see people whining for another GA nerf if this ever happens.

So my vote is: No.

What if you were unable to fight when wearing social clothes? Like when you wear a cloaking device.

GA is a social armor, if u can t fight with a social armor... tell me why fixers will wear a GA ? (blitz don t count)
    Vaultcitizen ADV 190. Teh pistol gimpness
    Catspawgirl NT 171. Pnh/Ior Dispenser
    Mareva Fix 167. GSF, Hot and fix grid Dispenser
    Canigou MP 135. CI Dispenser
    Pipboy2001 MA 80ish in gamboling doing /fblock.

Rubi-Ka 1

allways /tell Vaultcitizen

Originally posted by Canigou / Mareva
    GA is a social armor, if u can t fight with a social armor... tell me why fixers will wear a GA ? (blitz don t count)
    Considering that I can blitz ql 250 missions in a thong and tattoos, I'd have to agree. Blitzing definately does not count.

I'm begining to think that Funcom intended Grid Armor to be sort of like those new Yalms; Nice, shiny and something to brag about, yet ultimately a waste of cash and time.

I doubt Funcom would ever institute a change like this. Everyone would wear med-suits and armor or even biomech and a medsuit to weazil out a few more points.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Easy enough. Select the tab you want 'active' at any given point in time. That tab becomes what you wear, and you only get bonuses from that tab (either social or armor tab). The other tab goes inactive; you don't have to re-equip things on that tab, but neither would you be able to benefit from them while in social mode.

This fixes the problem with GA and normal armor being worn together, and the quasi-exploit of a full medsuit and a biomech suit at the same time. However, it would make it easier to put a medsuit in your social tab, implant up w/ ability implants, put on your armor in the armor tab, swap back to social and swap in normal implants.

This, of course, could be easily fixed by making medsuits non-social armor, so they couldn't be put in the social tab.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Easy enough. Select the tab you want 'active' at any given point in time. That tab becomes what you wear, and you only get bonuses from that tab (either social or armor tab). The other tab goes inactive; you don't have to re-equip things on that tab, but neither would you be able to benefit from them while in social mode.

This fixes the problem with GA and normal armor being worn together, and the quasi-exploit of a full medsuit and a biomech suit at the same time. However, it would make it easier to put a medsuit in your social tab, implant up w/ ability implants, put on your armor in the armor tab, swap back to social and swap in normal implants.

This, of course, could be easily fixed by making medsuits non-social armor, so they couldn't be put in the social tab.
    This is a very good idea, however, when switching tabs, it should take the same amount of time to "switch tabs" as it would if you were to manually remove and add the pieces of armour to the wear view. I'm not talking about the time it takes to buff, etc. I mean the equip time.

Otherwise (and I'm not singling out Fixers here, just as an example), you could have a GA fixer getting hit by an NT nuke. GA fixer hits a tab key and voila, the NT nuke does 2 dmg to him. (NOTE: This is NOT a discussion about the imbalance of NT Anti-GA nuke). Anyways, I think you get my point, the equip time would still have to be in place.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.