Thread: Chest, & Door are too dangerous

Chest, & Door are too dangerous

I'm a lvl 50 Nanomage MP and I can't open chest or locked doors any more, if they are trapped they kill me, I just don't have enough hitpoint to live thorough those blast now.

Is this working as intended?

Depends. What ql mission chests and doors are you lock picking?

I'M talking about a QL 56 mission. I not trying to do a ql 75 or something, just a ql 56.

Raise your HP and do the simple thing...defuse them. If you can't you better hop in a team then.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

I seem to remember that exploding chests do chemical damage. Is your armor weak against chemical damage? Have you tried maxing, or at least raising, your Duck Explosion evade?

P.S. Another thing I always do is Heal and Recharge before opening chests and doors just to be ready for explosions and/or rollerrats.
    Last edited by Dunsany; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 04:15:26.

PWNED!!!!!!!!
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Heh you could just step back alil bit as you open the chest/door. If it explodes- hey guess what you dont get hit with any dmg.

Fc knows about his bug and its still been in game for a whole year.
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

ug, every profession regardless of body dev color should max it or face being a gimp. Anyone who dies by a 50% mission trap obviously isn't... and is therefore... a gimp.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

HP Solutions for Nanomages:

Max Body Dev
    Max Stamina
    Life Implants
    Wear armor that adds to HP (Kirch Kevlar, DeCranums, CAS Chest...etc..)
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Well, damage did need to be upped on the traps. They barely scratched you before. Just annoyed me because I had to refresh my layers. heh

Originally posted by Hangtown
    Heh you could just step back alil bit as you open the chest/door. If it explodes- hey guess what you dont get hit with any dmg.

Fc knows about his bug and its still been in game for a whole year.
    I know, I know.. it's wrong of me to compare this to RL, but I will anyway. If a door had a chance of blowing up in my face in RL, I WOULD step back in order to avoid impact. It would make sense (unless I would totally avoid that door all together).

Are you sure it's not a feature?

I think it's great.... now if a team sucks I can open chests mid-fight and hope I blast everyone out of the mission

Re: Chest, & Door are too dangerous

Originally posted by Kjeil
    I'm a lvl 50 Nanomage MP and I can't open chest or locked doors any more, if they are trapped they kill me, I just don't have enough hitpoint to live thorough those blast now.

Is this working as intended?
    lmao thats serious ? only person i ever saw dieing from a trap bomb was a gimp doc that never raised his dark blue abilities...
    o and btw leave the freaking chests alone if you cant take them
    Infamine 200 soljah

I started a new fixer for a bit of fun, and was killed in a team mission by a chest. There were 2 things that annoyed me about this.

Firstly I didn't open the chest, I was hit by AoE chem damage so it wasn't even my mistake to make.

Secondly after I hit the reclaim I check the amount of damage I had been hit by, and it was more than the max HP I could have. This is with maxed body dev and stamina.

So basically I was insta-killed without any possible way to avoid it or control it. This is intended?
    Narama 209 MA
    Narakar 200 NT (gear)
    Kataq 137 Keeper
    Naracrat 137 Crat

Proud Member of TAG

RK1

The true danger with these chests are those idiots who still insist on opening them while in a fight. I very nearly DID die yesterday as a result of this.

Yup, same thing happened to my poor NT.
    Got maxed body dev and even some items to raise HP a bit more. And I was also wearing a low level essence.

But the blast from the chest was strong enough to instant kill me.

Really, really annoying
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Originally posted by Narakar
    So basically I was insta-killed without any possible way to avoid it or control it. This is intended?
    ever wonder what perception and trap disarm are for?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Well, I have 5.4k selfbuffed HP, and my chem AC is pretty decent (MKII armor and somewhat implanted). Still the average chest knocks me from full to just about half or a little less. If you're in a team getting whacked pretty hard by an ace or real mean, then a teammate opening a chest in close quarters is enough to send you straight to the reclaim.

Chests (Traps) are fine. Leave them alone. You dont expect to be hit by 12 dmg from lvl 200 trap, do you?

Besides, even if you Nanomage - its not hard at all to up healph enouth to survivie traps in 100% mission. Never had that problem, and no of my char's are Atrox.

Originally posted by Chromatorg
    Chests (Traps) are fine. Leave them alone. You dont expect to be hit by 12 dmg from lvl 200 trap, do you?

Besides, even if you Nanomage - its not hard at all to up healph enouth to survivie traps in 100% mission. Never had that problem, and no of my char's are Atrox.
    I agree, leave 'em be. Just nerf stupid teammates.