Thread: Ok, so if traders die in mass pvp right now....

Ok, so if traders die in mass pvp right now....

...and notum wars is practically eliminating 1vs1 pvp and moving the focus to mass pvp, where a trader will get obliterated, is there any reason to nerf drains when traders will barely be a problem anymore?
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Well, we still need to wait and see just what "mass PvP" is going to be in this game. If it turns out to be a team of 6 people attacking a tower and 4 show up to try top defend, then the 1 on 1 stuff is not too far off. If it's 50 on 50, then yeah, that's a whole different story.

Let's just wait and see.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

I don't think it's dying to a trader that angers people. I think it's being debuffed for three minutes that does it.

Frankly, I'm just tired. I'm tired of people sending me hate tells. I'm tired of asking for buffs and having people tell me to "f--- off" because I'm a trader. I'm tired of trying to defend the cornerstone of my profession from people who don't understand how it all works. People seem to think we have 1500+ attack rating, 1500+ nano skills, and 1500+ evades, and 1500+ tradeskills and 1500+ abilities. Blah.

I run around wrangling or giving maestros with no desire for tips or anything. I give stuff away all the time. I'd like to think I'm a relatively nice person. It's really funny how differently people treat me when I'm playing my NT or my fixer or my crat or my doc. People just hate traders... and it really doesn't matter if a nerf is justified or not.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

ok lets just start off by saying i have 9 chars of different profs and one of them is a trader

i really think the problem is only in pvp. i belive that we should be a support class not a massive killer as we are right now

our first line of drains in pvp are fine with me but the 2nd line needs to have less of a chance to work (in pvp for those that didnt listen to what i said above)....

hate me if you will but this is my view

Hehhehe, but soldier are GODS and TOTALLY dominate mass pvp
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

My prediction is that NTs will dominate the Notum Wars the way Traders dominate duels.

Maybe we should start a betting pool?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

can you say AOE root?
    Traders and crats will pwn in mass pvp becous of it
    so traders wont suck in NW

/ edited Aria to AOE
    w00p w00p!!

Originally posted by Hypos

Let's just wait and see.
    Yea, i guess that was the point i was trying to make here, things are going to be different in notum wars so i don't think there is any reason to nerf a profession based on what the pvp is now when that will be the past soon.

"I'm tired of trying to defend the cornerstone of my profession from people who don't understand how it all works"

Yes this is another reason why i am not particularly in agreement with nerf callers, a lot of people who want nerfs in this game just don't know the facts behind the profession in question, just this or that thing that annoys them and keeps them from owning everyone etc...
    Last edited by Stromm; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 00:51:19.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Tolbat
    can you say AOE root?
    Traders and crats will pwn in mass pvp becous of it
    so traders wont suck in NW

/ edited Aria to AOE
    No chance in hell we will, not with the consideration of lvl when the resist rolls are made.

Greater Fear of Attention QL 179
    nano resist 90
    Nanocost 901
    psycho mod >= 842
    time and space >= 761
    visual profession bureaucrat

To use this i am required to sacrifice other nanoskills. Like MC which is used for bots and nukes.

Thats what i can use selfbuffed 901 in cost i can cast it 6 times will get resisted alot, perhaps i can stick it on a few people but the ones that would really hurt from it is the meleers who will all have the chance to break it, a rather good chance imo.

Well lets presume we get it to stick on a meleer he cant break for a short while, i start shooting at him with my gimped attackrating of 900 against his full def and 1000 evades i hit him once, i nuke him for miserable nukedamage usually around 700 damage costing me 475 nanopoints each time. My pet misses him or gets rooted, i can break the root on my pet for an additional X amount of nanopoints if i want.

When is the persons i rooted gonna die if ever?

Sure there might be others that can kill them around me but i tried that i used the lowest ql aoe root in 2ho and i had problems getting it to stick and eventually my nanopool got depleted and i had to run.

Dont think AoE root is gonna be a killer at all.

roots will never kill but its hardo to run from the main clan/omni force when you are rooted.. drains will work in mass pvp (drain the most dagerus opponents).

well maybe im 100% wrong. but i hope AoE roots will work so that traders/Crats will work in mass pvp (maybe not as the nr:1 damage dealer but as a good proff you wouldent attack a Tover zone whit out)
    w00p w00p!!

nt area blinds then area nukes > all

Re: ...

Originally posted by Cless
    nt area blinds then area nukes > all
    hehe you said it.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Im just wondering how painfull its gonna be trying to kill a team with 1 or more docs in it.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Originally posted by Patk9
    Im just wondering how painfull its gonna be trying to kill a team with 1 or more docs in it.
    You can hope that traders get a debuff in before they die.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Originally posted by aaronb
    I don't think it's dying to a trader that angers people. I think it's being debuffed for three minutes that does it.

Frankly, I'm just tired. I'm tired of people sending me hate tells. I'm tired of asking for buffs and having people tell me to "f--- off" because I'm a trader. I'm tired of trying to defend the cornerstone of my profession from people who don't understand how it all works. People seem to think we have 1500+ attack rating, 1500+ nano skills, and 1500+ evades, and 1500+ tradeskills and 1500+ abilities. Blah.

I run around wrangling or giving maestros with no desire for tips or anything. I give stuff away all the time. I'd like to think I'm a relatively nice person. It's really funny how differently people treat me when I'm playing my NT or my fixer or my crat or my doc. People just hate traders... and it really doesn't matter if a nerf is justified or not.
    It's cuz you eat babies man. They can tell.

/edit: But first you drain their abilities back to the delivery room, steal the ACs out of their toddler clothes, steal their nano points, and steal their hit points.

Just wrong. D:
    Last edited by Meurgen; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 03:27:04.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by Patk9
    It's going to be easy if my experience is worth anything.

Everyone's going to be out of range of my heals, because half of 'em use melee weapons and the other half use X-3s.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Meurgen

It's cuz you eat babies man. They can tell.

/edit: But first you drain their abilities back to the delivery room, steal the ACs out of their toddler clothes, steal their nano points, and steal their hit points.

Just wrong. D:
    Hey Meurg, let's duel
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Executing nano program: Nano Shutdown

Target countered your nano program.
    Player asmoran hit you for 2000 aimed shot damage.
    You tried to hit player asmoran, but missed.
    Player asmoran hit you for 2000 projectile damage. Critical Hit!
    You tried to hit player asmoran, but missed.
    /moon
    Player asmoran hit you for 2000 projectile damage. Critical Hit!

Changing area, please wait.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Haha so true! Sometime I fight trader and Im like.. dude what GA you got? Oh and Soldiers will be able to stop ppl from getting CH so doc wont be that much of a problem in mass PvP.. Heh I wanna see that team of doc protecting a tower VS 10 enforcers.

[Doctor Team]: Doctor1: Ok kill the lv 200 enfo with EQB now!
    [Enfo Team]:Enfo1: Aim the Main tower now! charge!
    [Doctor Team]: Doctor2: **** it they dont fall! I can't heal the tower what we gona do?!
    [Enfo Team]:Enfo2: Ok tower is destroyed good job guys.
    [Enfo Team]:Enfo3: Ok what we gonna do with the doc?
    [Enfo Team]Enfo1:Pfffffff...leave them there..

Happens with everyone, not just traders.

Heh, here's a recount of my recent fight with Hydeo in MMD:

Executing nano program: Nano Shutdown.