Thread: Full auto vs Aimshot in pvp

Full auto vs Aimshot in pvp

I recently went from a Snakemaster ql199 to a Flashpoint / Nova setup. I did that move cause I thought heck, I have enought money to afford 2x Khaeler sleeve and I have alot of extra ips now that I'm title6. Well to my disapointment I found out that Full automatic on the Flashpoint was nerfed. Basicly I can hit 10k on mobs and on someone in pvp it usualy goes for about 200 - 500 (90% of the time). With my snakemaster I could dig a nice AS that hit for way more (over 1k 90% of the time) every 26 sec.

IMO, AS are just to powerful right now, or FA needs to get unerfed like it was before to equal things out. Makes no sense to get 200 mil + Khaeler sleeve, spend 2x the ip and use a Nova + Flash when you can just use a Snakemaster and wait for AS.

Best solution would be to probably unerfed FA, cause if yet they nerf something else like AS. Everyone will just turn around and use Manex.

Oh and btw it makes absolutely no sense that the burst does 3x more damage then FA.

Originally posted by DrZatan
    Oh and btw it makes absolutely no sense that the burst does 3x more damage then FA.
    IF you use RL as an example, burst is more deadly for the simple fact that you can control a weapon better firing 3 shots (burst), over emptying a full clip in 1-2 seconds due to lack of control.
    Example: M16A2 uses 3 round burst which would be more accurate than say a AK47 using full auto, where you would be lucky to get more than 3 rounds on the target. That is IF you used RL as an example.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Actually, if you want RL compariosn, its skill related, and range related.

Burst, more accurate even if pretty unskilled and up to medium rng.
    The M16A2 have a 3 round burst for this reason, and for not so smart G.Is to not burn all their ammo to quick.

Full auto on an assaultrifle is rather inaccurate, especially on anything but short range, but deadly on that range if used by a skilled operator...

But then again pulling in RL comparison here is rather irrelevant..
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Originally posted by Hermy
    Actually, if you want RL compariosn, its skill related, and range related.

Burst, more accurate even if pretty unskilled and up to medium rng.
    The M16A2 have a 3 round burst for this reason, and for not so smart G.Is to not burn all their ammo to quick.

Full auto on an assaultrifle is rather inaccurate, especially on anything but short range, but deadly on that range if used by a skilled operator...

But then again pulling in RL comparison here is rather irrelevant..
    So true.

RK1

well at least as soldiers we dont have to buy kaeler sleeves anymore with our new FA buffs...

Metal storm buff FA +71

..still the attack rating increase of the kaehler sleeves opens a big gap btw omni and clanners

Lol!!

I didnt see a single soldier toon in that char list... and someone is displeased with the performance of assault weapons?

Look at all the soldier threads complaning about our weaponry and dmg. that may be a pointer that getting good results with Nova/IEC isnt as easy as it sounds.

AS is more powerful , look up Morphex's thread on agent forum to see the calculation.

GL
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Hmmm I could kiss you Thats the first time a non-soldier cries about doing a "alpha" and cries about how s... "alphas" are!

Thx you make my old soldier heart very lucky now, cause maybe when you see soldier complaining all the time you will understand them now.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Originally posted by Grupert

IF you use RL as an example, burst is more deadly for the simple fact that you can control a weapon better firing 3 shots (burst), over emptying a full clip in 1-2 seconds due to lack of control.
    Example: M16A2 uses 3 round burst which would be more accurate than say a AK47 using full auto, where you would be lucky to get more than 3 rounds on the target. That is IF you used RL as an example.
    A M16A2 will never do more damage as a full auto on a AK47. Two reasons why? First the M16 has a smaler caliber and 2nd except of a long range shot which is also impossible to hit with 3 shots a full magazine of 20 bullets will do a lot more damage as only 3 bullets!

Yeah and it makes a real sense that when I stand next to a enforcer and I shot him with a fa and hit him with a full magazine of bullets that I don't do more damage as hitting him with 3 bullets or 1
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Originally posted by Whitesand

A M16A2 will never do more damage as a full auto on a AK47. Two reasons why? First the M16 has a smaler caliber and 2nd except of a long range shot which is also impossible to hit with 3 shots a full magazine of 20 bullets will do a lot more damage as only 3 bullets!

Yeah and it makes a real sense that when I stand next to a enforcer and I shot him with a fa and hit him with a full magazine of bullets that I don't do more damage as hitting him with 3 bullets or 1
    Wrong my friend. I own an AK47 and a Match Grade HBAR (M16), I know also from firing automatic weapons in RL, 2-3 rounds will hit, the rest will go all over the place from the AK.
    If you are ever in Las Vegas Nevada, you may want to go to several shooting ranges where you can fire full auto weapons.
    And at point blank, i.e. next to someone, yes you should do alot of damage.
    BTW, the 5.56mm round has more muzzle energy than the .44 magnum right out of the muzzle.

RK1

Well the AK47 is one of the most powerfull assaultrifle in this world and the 7.62mm ammo is very powerfull. Its true that you cannot controll the shot of a full auto on a AK47 but well noone uses a full auto on a target which is far away. You use this when the enemie is next to you and u don't have the time to aim it. You should of good luck and most time you hit and kill the enemie with it. The 3 bullet shot is something which you can control and something which you can aim on a target. But why the hell do we speak about rl stuff now? This is a game and I don't want to talk about which gun do more damage and which not.

The reason is when I stand next to a fat atrox and how could I miss him with a full auto? This 200 meters tall and fat challenger and essence using atrox which stands 1 meter away from me? I don't need to aim to hit such a target

Originally posted by Whitesand
    Well the AK47 is one of the most powerfull assaultrifle in this world and the 7.62mm ammo is very powerfull. Its true that you cannot controll the shot of a full auto on a AK47 but well noone uses a full auto on a target which is far away. You use this when the enemie is next to you and u don't have the time to aim it. You should of good luck and most time you hit and kill the enemie with it. The 3 bullet shot is something which you can control and something which you can aim on a target. But why the hell do we speak about rl stuff now? This is a game and I don't want to talk about which gun do more damage and which not.

The reason is when I stand next to a fat atrox and how could I miss him with a full auto? This 200 meters tall and fat challenger and essence using atrox which stands 1 meter away from me? I don't need to aim to hit such a target
    I agree with you on the FA in this game, it really needs work. When a person is for sake of argument, 1 meter away, FA should turn the person into ground meat.
    Thats my 2 credits.

RK1

You won't hit a good fullauto on a person with high evades. Wait to use the fullauto till the person goes full agro.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

We all know that IRL the most devastating attack would be an 'Aimed Shot'. I'm sorry, but if you don't see me...don't know it's coming...and aren't prepared...

You know the snipers credo, one shot...one kill. I'd rather see soldiers marching towards me then ducking around corners, not being able to see where the bullet will come from.

All the RL omparison is just a waste of time.... imo.

Full Auto in this game is very nerfed because so many players have such high evades, and play on the defensive with TIM scopes now, not to mention the crit nerf didnt help FA (Which can crit)

There needs to be some kind of improvement to this special so that i dont keep getting beat down w/o even a reliably decent full auto. Got killed by an enforcer today, he was usin QB, didnt hit less than 1200, i was hitting 300, time after time... well, till i was dead

Not to mention ranged combat is screwed up for any non-rooting class, the Melee users can chase us down, and while we run ill us, but we cant shoot back. So if we stop to take a shot we get owned....
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.