Thread: Is NW to be installed after patch?

Is NW to be installed after patch?

I'm a bit confused and don't have the time to read 4k posts about the new patch. So, I thought I would just post my NW and patch questions:

1. Local software stores, in my area (WA state, USA) say Notum Wars is suppposed to hit the shelves on November 26th, the "day after the official release, the 25th." Is this the same everywhere, that nobody else will have NW, either, until November 26th? I'm wondering if I'll even have it in our stores within a day of release. Does anyone know how this is, usually, done when a product is shipped from Funcom? I mean, is it already on it's way or overnighted at the last hour?

2. We are to install the 14.7.1 NW patch, Friday, and then wait 4 (or more) days to get NW? Is this so there is time to make another potential "fix" patch for 14.7.1 before people start installing NW? Why not just install the patch the day after NW is out and allow the 14.7.1 patch to be tested more?

Confused,

- Chopit

Well...I guess I have question #1 answered. I just called one of my local stores to check if the date was still release on the 25th and game on the 26th. Answer: Nope. They told me release was on the 25th, but that I can't get a copy of it (from them) until 3 days afterward, the 28th, because I'm the only one in a city of 300k people who reserved a copy of it. Doh!!!

Anyone have any input on the answer to #2?

1) no idea, though many sites list 26th...

2) 14.7 has been under test for over a month now, and is probably already 2 days late... And 14.7 isn't *just* NW, it's for everyone
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Arrow

Oh, and at least you can find a relese date, haven't seen one for the UK...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I don't work for EB or anything but I believe that the main EB warehouse gets the booster on the 25th and then overnights it to all the smaller stores around the country.
    -BlueMagic

Blue "Zyian" Magic RK1

release date

I too live in Wa state, and I also work at EB. When we look something up, it tells us the day that we will get it, not the realease date. For quite a while, we had Notum Wars as getting it on the 26th, but a few days ago they changed it to the 27th (Wed) So, according to that, at least some people in Washington will get it next Wednsday, Im not sure about other places though. One thing I was thinking wondering was that in the notes somewhere I think it said that the AO version on the NW disk will be 14.7. Well, dosent that mean that 14.7 will had to have been released (or at least finished) in order to get the physical Notum Wars CDs created? It must take a few days to get all the copied manufactured, then who knows how long to get them shipped all over the place. Just a thought. Im assuming 14.7 is already done and the game is being manufactured as we speak.

Tansilla

in a norwegian computer webpage, www.itavisen.no, it stands that the offcial realise is 28. nov...

http://www.itavisen.no/art/1299990.html

Hmmm...well, my local store still says November 25th (release) and arrive in store on November 28th. My local software store is linked to www.gamestop.com and they show the same Nov. 25th date...the last I looked.

As for the patch....the one on test live comes before the NW installation and has the Notum fields and stuff in it? Can I assume that these fields and things will be in the game on the next patch, but then can't really be used till the towers and such of NW? I keep getting more confused with the more of the forum that I read. Even Guate's information confuses me when he says "I think" or "I just made", etc, etc...and that information isn't too old. I would "think" that the NW would have been shipped by now, or tomorrow at the latest, if it's to hit the stores as expected.

Well....that's enough reading for me. It sounds like I'm going to find out soon enough.