Thread: Ot Mobs In Ot Mission Bug?

Ot Mobs In Ot Mission Bug?

Bug?

Yesterday I was soloing a "get item" team mission just north of 20k. After a while I started noticing that I didn't get exp for some of the kills. To my surprise I discovered that some of the mobs were Omni, I thought hmm ok if I don't attack them maybe they won't return fire (like mech dogs did earlier). I walked in to a room with a Omni mob didn't even target him and WHAM he attacked me, a few nukes later mob dies and guess what NO EXP just money for looting corpse.

Please fix! Are Omni no longer loyal to eachother?

Or atleast give me exp for my kills, it's annoying to kill twice as many mobs and only get exp for half of them.
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names

You were soloing a team mission. When you teamed with another player to roll the mission, was the other player neutral or clan? If so, then your team was neutral while you were rolling and thus the mission you generated would have some omni mobs.

In the future, only team with people from your own faction to roll these missions.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Didn't think of that

The guy was standing in the middle of Omni Ent so silly me didn't even check.

Next time I will thanx.

Just a suggestion!

Why not change the system though so that it checks what team side is before it attacks? So if team side has changed since the mission was pulled mobs wouldn't attack if the current team side now was the same as the mobs? Mobs could then act like mech dogs did earlier, maybe even help take down mobs from enemy faction.

This would create a whole new kind of mission type, more strategy involved.

It's probably alot of programming for the devs, but hey it's just a thought. It would be another option for a change in the monotony(spelling?) of mission after mission with no change.

As I said it's just a thought, feel free to shoot me out of the sky if you disagree.

It used to do that, Hexar. Once people found out the following happened:[list=1][*]A clanner and an omni got together and rolled solo missions. not team missions - they didn't team.[*]The clanner then gave his mission key to the omni. The omni gave his key to the clanner[*]Each went off and walked through the other's mission to get the mission objective. Neither ever got attacked, because all the mobs were from his side[*]They met again, exchanged mission items, got the reward[*]Return to step 1[/list=1]Too easy. no risk involved whatsoever. So FunCom changed the rules to how they are today.

Also, there's another problem with tokens. If you don't kill mobs from your side (or don't get xp from them if you do kill them), then your chance of getting a token doesn't go up. You can go through a long mission and still only have about a 50% chance of getting a token like that.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops