Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel ripped off or am i wrong ?

Question I feel ripped off or am i wrong ?

2 days ago an NT friend( at least it hought he was a friend untill than ) asked me to come and help him (healing) to get a NS disc .
    Sure i said if we can get 2. 1 fr u and 1 fr me bec this poor doc can use the credits well.
    Ofcourse he said...np.....being a friend, i trusted his word.
    We found a disc , he looted it, than went on to try to get a 2nd.
    Suddenly he said, lets get out of here..other ppl coming, but we go back tomorrow to get yrs....Ummmm ok i said.
    Post on the forum here by him:
    WTS NS I blabla...he sold it fr 45 mill.....
    Ofcourse i asked to go back next day.but nope he wanted to team to lvl...
    So i think at LEAST he should have shared his profit with me fr that disc, i helped him out there for 4 darn hours.

Or am i wrong ?
    Last edited by Sherron; Nov 21st, 2002 at 12:46:48.
    Sherron LVL 220/30/70 Shade
    Sherr LVL 220/30/51 Keeper
    Sharron LVL 220/30/... Fixer
    Shannah LVL 220/30/...Enforcer
    Shenel LVL 220/30... Soldier
    and many more

General of The Red Brotherhood

I wouldn't say you're wrong but I wouldn't necessarily say you're right either. Depends on the circumstances.

Was this person a friend in RL or just online?

If this was just a online buddy you have to remember that often ppl say one thing then do another to get what they want.

It's a sad situation but some ppl will always be out to get what they want and have no problem using others to get it.

As far as the creds go, I do think you should have got a cut of he profits seeing as how you healed.

But you live and learn right....

-Xas-

I agree that you should have rec'd your fair share of the profit since the original arrangement was to camp for two discs, but as Xasmina said... not all people are trustworthy and many will say anything to get what they want. Unfortunate fact of life.
    If this was a RL friend of yours, I'd beat them about the head and shoulders Otherwise, there's not much you can do short of not socializing/grouping with this person.
    Hans "Kryllis" Kirklin
    84 Solitus Doctor - Loyal employee of Omni-Tek (Atlantean Dimension)
    "Yes, I know my beard doesn't match my hair... I'm a doctor, not a cosmetologist!"

Nope thank god its not a r/l friend btw. Met him when we were both around lvl 10 or so and teamed from that day on.
    The disc supposed to be fr his NT btw,THAT was the main reason i helped him get it....But than selling it behind my back was kind of lame.

Another lesson learned
    and many more

Move on, forget it, learn that this guy can't be trusted. In MMRPG games (ALL of em lol) as well as life there are those that lie,cheat,con,steal to get what they want.

Personally I like to think that I have more 'honour' and self-worth than that. The only person I have to justify my actions to is myself. If I can be true to myself then I'm a happy camper. (kinda corny but true!)

Pat
    -----

You were definitely used. Sad, but it happens. Personally, I'd start avoiding that person.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

pah .. maybe us ask me before us post any lies here

i uploaded the found NS

... bought a 2nd NS disc for 45 mill and sold it for 51 mill ...

... anything wrong with that ?

and btw i aquired 2 ncu rings too for ya too .. but now -> never

thx for ur trust

thx thx thx .....

p.s. and how often i helped u out eh ?
    Last edited by CoD NanoTech 2; Nov 21st, 2002 at 15:55:04.

A little sad yes, I suggest you dont team with him anymore

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Re: pah .. maybe us ask me before us post any lies here

Originally posted by CoD NanoTech 2
    i uploaded the found NS

... bought a 2nd NS disc for 45 mill and sold it for 51 mill ...

... anything wrong with that ?

and btw i aquired 2 ncu rings too for ya too .. but now -> never

thx for ur trust

thx thx thx .....

p.s. and how often i helped u out eh ?
    Funny the bizarre twisted logic crooked people present to justify thier actions. Here quoted is a fine example. Reminds me of the "Mystery Bag" scammer. That one, like this one, also believes they did nothing wrong, and has a bizarre "logic" to "prove" it.

Martek

regrets

How many time i regret that social pressure was so weak on AO...
    A lot of people think they can do anything without being afraid to get any social sanctions...

But remenber a thing, at high level, everyone know everyone, and in particular docs. Until now, high level characters dont need heal, but with the coming of a real mass pvp system, the concept of "Team" will be back... perhaps the time of the society vengeance come too

Hmmm...

Ya know, if you call someone a "buddy", it's sort of assumed that you have some type of working relationship with this person, at the very least. That means that you guys have helped each other out in the past, and there's been a long-lasting back-and-forth exchange between the both of you. In my opinion, perhaps you should weigh your relationship with your friend agaisnt this one little incident. I realize that 45 million credits is a large amount of credits, and who wouldn't want to get a piece of that action, but, I think that you should also realize that this buddy of yours is probably worth more to you than just a one-shot sum of credits. Plus, how long did you actually give your friend? 2 days? One of my best friends in real life plays this game with me. I've levelled past him to the point where I can no longer team with him. This is due primarily to us being able to play for different amounts of time, obviously, me having more time to dedicate to games. However, we are constantly helping each other out. I give him gear, nanos, NCUs...whatever I can. In turn, he hooks me up with nanos, other gear, and whatever other interesting stuff he finds. Sometimes, though, I tell him I'm going to get him something, and unfortunately, I don't end up getting it for 3 days, when I told him I'd get it "tomorrow". My friend doesn't go crazy over it...he just waits. We both realize that our relationship is worth more than just 1 incident. Why go crazy over 3 days when we've passed stuff back and forth for a month already?

This isn't a flame, I'm just simply sharing with you that maybe you judged your friend too harshly and too quickly. I also beleive that public forum is NOT a good place to flame your friends...ex-friends or current friends.

Peace,
    Souldoctah

i find that interesting how ppl can form an opinion about
    things where they only know the statement from one side.

ah sure its easy to shout around "scammer" .. i also would do that *sarcasm_mode = on*

1. we found the disc in the 1st half hour while camping the place
    2. the other 3,5 hours we spend to find one for her
    3. same day i searched for a another location wich is not so overcamped and i told her that.
    4. if i see a cheap offer for a item what i can sale for more.. i know u all stay away from that ... i also never would do that ... *sarcasm_mode = on*
    5. remember how long i searched for a NS disc ? 15 .. 20 weeks or more ... than i think u can wait some days too.
    6. how often u need help ? ... i ever said NO to u ?
    7. my intention was still, until this point, to searchfor a 2nd disc for her.

and now tell me what i did wrong eh ?
    ah now i know : i must inform everyone about my deals*sarcasm_mode = on*

If what you say is true (an I am not saying it is false), then it sure seems it would have been prudent, given the arrangement you agreed to, to keep your pal informed if this. Seems you didn't and thus are facing some fallout for that lack of communication.

Martek

i find that interesting how ppl can form an opinion about
    things where they only know the statement from one side.

ah sure its easy to shout around "scammer" .. i also would do that *sarcasm_mode = on*

1. we found the disc in the 1st half hour while camping the place
    2. the other 3,5 hours we spend to find one for her
    3. same day i searched for a another location wich is not so overcamped and i told her that.
    4. if i see a cheap offer for a item what i can sale for more.. i know u all stay away from that ... i also never would do that ... *sarcasm_mode = on*
    5. remember how long i searched for a NS disc ? 15 .. 20 weeks or more ... than i think u can wait some days too.
    6. how often u need help ? ... i ever said NO to u ?
    7. my intention was still, until this point, to searchfor a 2nd disc for her.

and now tell me what i did wrong eh ?
    You should have informed her.
    Fairness!
    But instead you now play the victim because you didn't waste a thought about how it may seem and how she feels.

Go on, get a life. Learn how to handle humans, learn that other people are important, too.
    The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.

the answer:

/team loot alpha

problem is I ( and most docs I talk to) seem to be the kind of people that would GIVE THE DISK TO THE NT.

this guy is a putz, I didnt know that til I saw all his posts on this thread.

dude, you suxor
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

hehe his name is Cod....
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

yes /tell codnano2

and how u can say anything abaout that ?
    no one of u know what happend !

Cod...here is the deal. At low levels you can get away with anything....but in the upper levels everyone knows one another, and after a while you will be blacklisted everywhere.

Sounds like you should have informed your friend what you were doing, and if you had spent 45 mill of your own money you are sololy entitled to the profits, but I hope you can see where your friend was concerned he had been duped and cheated.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

U brought up yr name in this.i was polite enough to refer to u as a friend not even mentioning your name..THAT u did yrself

Time to move on now......
    Last edited by Sherron; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 01:25:19.
    and many more

yes cause i dont ripped u ...thats it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast