Thread: 14.6 - Shots going "Blackhole"

14.6 - Shots going "Blackhole"

After 14.6 patch came live Ive been bugged in every mission Ive been in.

When attacking a mob I will often have the first and second shot "blackhole". Sometimes one of these shots might come with the third shot I fire sometimes not. This blackholing can happen in the middle of a fight too. In a good team you might get 5 - 6 shots in per mob, and therefor I might lose up to 30% of my attacks. Whether or not these shots still go through even though I dont see it Im not sure of. I can atleast not see the mobs health go down. Theres is not message saying its a miss, and Im sure thats not the problem either as I wouldnt miss my first shots that often.

Another problem is that If I do get my first shot in on a mob and this shot is a crit, the damage will sometimes only do about 60% of what I normally crit for.

Ive heard rumours that Notum Wars Beta might be the cause of all the issues today. Hope you can clarify my problems ..

I also get this problem. You start attacking, see the weapon fire but do no damage and recieve no miss message. It always happens at the start of the fight for the first one or two shots.

Maybe this is an effort by FunCom to balance weapons with casting. If it is, then expect your weapon to start fumbling, to not fire under laggy conditions, and to permit you to accidently attack yourself.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

After patch I have also gone through some "Server Lost" issues and black doors, as Im sure alot of other players have. Another 14.6 issue is that during a fight with a mob you can suddenly lose your synch with the server. Youll just see everybody continue doing what they were doing .. shooting the mob. After a while it all breaks lose .. several shots get fired in one go, and your health as a tank will drop, get healed, drop etc all under half a second.

The thing is that not everyone get this synch problem. I will often find myself alone, or with someone elses poor soul, shooting at the mob when I do get synch back, but the rest of the team is off working on new mob.

Is there any point posting here by the way ????

After I reload my gun in fight (X-3) the first two shots will be blanks. Can this have anything to do with my first post ?

this issue has been discussed in another thread with no explanation from funcom (big surprise).

Originally posted by hashy

this issue has been discussed in another thread with no explanation from funcom (big surprise).
    The "bug" is caused by a desynch between server and client, as the server sends out beeps to your computer once and awhile to see if you are still there or not. And of course, if it is prime time for people in countries across the globe, like Japan and America, you can do nothing but muster through it.

Bandwidth limitations and what type of connection people have is the cause.

PS. I have heard the typical explanation that "I-can-play-any-other-game-but-AO!" before. I can, hence it is not Funcom's fault and I am sorry.. but that is your problem.