Thread: What about parries???

Angry What about parries???

I play a level 66 adv and i'm having a s**tload of parries from mobs.. Sometime the "The mob parried you're attack apeares!" sometimes i get NO feedback why i miss, and sometimes mobs plainly evade..

I use QL110 implants and QL120 SOL Fire Executioners.. So my AR is not to bad..

Am i the only one having problems?

Mobs parry melee attacks pretty often, not very balanced sometimes and some mobs parry 50% of the attacks (usually evades the other 50% then)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

they parry my bow too :/

fun when you only have a clip of 3, and 2 of them are parried, other shot is a miss cause of the crappy attack rating

Arrow

I have to agree, MOBs seem unreasonably good at parrying. I don't mind the odd miss, especially once the MOB adapts a defensive stance, but the parrys are just rediculous. Please reduce the MOBs parry skill a little...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Am i the only one having problems?
    Nope. I posted a similar thread just after 14.6 - and the few people who replieed said that they didn't think mob parries were bad.

The first char I played after the patch was my 89 'trox MA, pure fist with an AR of 650. Thats pretty high I think, almost as high as you can get without massive time spent tweaking.. I wwas being parried by green mobs at well over 50% in some fights. Some were as normal, but some I got parried 1 in 2 and sometimes 2 in 3....

I can't think that its a good idea to have to reach the absolute llimit of skills to be able to be reasobably safe of actually hitting the mobs....
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

Well something needs to be done... I've not heard/experienced this since after 14.6... ARK's say it's normal, but is it?? I think not..

Alittle while ago, i was going "Why are people complaining and whining?" And now i know.. I was just not affected by nerfs :P

Funcom, try to fix this issue plz!!!

Do we (melee users) really do *that* much more dmg than the ranged users to justify having 2 layers of defense (first parry, then evade) to get trough to make a successful hit ?

Parry is real nice for the mobs that prolly have 1500+ in the skill.
    For us players, the only place I've found it to work is at Mantis Queen. I actually parry alot there, even without parry sticks.

Unhappy Parry Skills and Abilities Unbalanced

Yes I agree. Parry seems slanted or skewed in favor of the MoB. They seem to parry an inordinant amount of time and hit you almost everytime regardless of how high you have advanced parry or evades or how high your AC is.

Not sure if this is broken or if it is working as intended. Still either way it is frustrating when you have an attack rating of 775 and only hit once every 3-4 attempts (lol...and then the hit is with your pillow instead of your parry stick...frustrating).

Dominaetryx
    Vini, Vidi, Vici, Vino...I came, I saw, I conquered, then I had a glass of wine.

T-shirts are available in the lobby for a nominal fee...get yours now...supplies are limited.

Of course it is, when most people at low levels fight mobs double their level.

Hell, if a grey dude attacks me in PVP, all I ever want him to see is Parry, Evade, Parry, Parry, Reclaim.

It's been there since evades were boosted in effectiveness. More the fact that the mobs are very high level relative to the player, as opposed to parry being overpowered.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Arrow

Originally posted by Mike "Kinkstaah" Bond
    It's been there since evades were boosted in effectiveness. More the fact that the mobs are very high level relative to the player, as opposed to parry being overpowered.
    Which I don't mind from a dark orange or red MOB, from a green one though? So it's not the MOBs level as such. i think green MOBs are more likely to go defensive if they get damaged than orange MOBs, so the green MOB tends to parry and evade *more*...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

One of my char got parried 13 times by one mob (a ranged mob), also with fairly normal AR and implants for my level. Oh, did I mention the mob was green to me?

I won the fight, but that's not the point. the point is something's not right. I max parry (as an MA), and I would eat my hat if I parried a red mob twice in one fight. But 13 times?? That is ridiculous. Parry is either broken or, as someone mentioned, skewed towards the monsters/npcs.
    Last edited by Nikki; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 01:08:07.
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

The point is this:
    A guy with a shotgun shoots at mob and his ams is checked against the mobs dms (dodge ranged) to decide if bullet connects.

For melee its different; I throw a punch and my ams is first checked against the mobs parry skill, *if* my punch passes this it is checked against the mobs evade close combat skill to see if it is a successful hit.

my question is still: do melee users do so much more dmg than ranged weapon users that it justifies this extra line of defense.

And Kink...I'm level 200.... just like everyone else.

Increase your attack rating and mobs will never parry.
    Ace/RM enforcers never parry me with 1300 real (not visual) AMS.
    But when my AMS goes down to 1050 (no challenger running) they tend to parry me a lot.

It works both ways btw, with almost 1k parry, melee mobs have a lot of trouble hitting me (I parry up to 10-15 times in a solo fight sometimes vs MA, MP or enf npc).

Melee is not an option unless you can have very high attack rating (1100+).

So true.

And this is also the reason why energy weapon sucks so royally much.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Originally posted by Mike "Kinkstaah" Bond
    Of course it is, when most people at low levels fight mobs double their level.

Hell, if a grey dude attacks me in PVP, all I ever want him to see is Parry, Evade, Parry, Parry, Reclaim.

Ok I don't wanna flame Kink, he gets that enough, but maybe if he played against mobs sometimes, he would see this:

Doesnt matter how high your parry skill is, mobs in normal missions will never miss because you parry them. I have had over 800 in the skill and even 75% missions it never, ever, happened.

in a 50% mission - lvl 200 here - mobs are 195-205, they parry me ALL the time. At least 2-3 times out of ten swings, then i get a miss for another 2 times...so I hit 1/2 of my swings. I have 1150 AR and like msot of these mobs have evades higher than me...so WTF is up with it?

parry is way overdone. Go do some missions kink and ya'll see what I mean.

Now when you do bosses/mobs WAY over your limit, well you get parry'd 8/10 times or so.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Originally posted by Papa Kill
    Increase your attack rating and mobs will never parry.
    Ace/RM enforcers never parry me with 1300 real (not visual) AMS.
    But when my AMS goes down to 1050 (no challenger running) they tend to parry me a lot.

It works both ways btw, with almost 1k parry, melee mobs have a lot of trouble hitting me (I parry up to 10-15 times in a solo fight sometimes vs MA, MP or enf npc).

Dude can ya tell me how an adventurer gets 1300 attack rating? Or how I can get 1k parry? I would really like to know that.

lvl 200, 1150 attack rating that is in saber form/1he buff. maybe i can get it to 1160 if i buff my abilities etc

800 parry with 2 parry implants...how do i get 1k? it isnt a green skill for everyone ya' know?

So lets get the mobs realistic here, there are 3 melee profs...well maybe 4 if engies count :P
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Talking i would be happy

if he told us how his challenger increases his attack rating now
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.