Thread: Request: Add icons for UP/DOWN LEVELS in Mission Dungeons

Request: Add icons for UP/DOWN LEVELS in Mission Dungeons

hi .

i just started the game last week.. im now lvl 53.

i do a lot of missions like everyone else.. i am bothered by one thing.. and that is the up and down arrow markers to go up/down the levels of the mission dungeons don't show up on the map..

i may be a newb.. but is there some sort of map upgrade to see a little marker on the map once i revealed these level elevator icons?

i always forget where they are after i ascend or descend to the boss.. it would be great of FC can put that in sometime if it isn't already possible

thx

it's made this way so you need to run around and find the button so you play longer
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

I wouldn't mind if it only appeared after you had actually FOUND the darn thing (if thats possible with the code) I just hate finding it halfway through clearing a large level, then having to run around the entire mission again bcause I forgot where I parked it

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

It's possible to make. If they can make upgrades that show people/monsters/sides they can make one that shows elevators. This would help out on those large missions where by the time you clear the level you spend another 5 minutes to find the elevator.
    AKA "Love Doc"
    Doctor of Whispers Edge

bump for this idea

It has to be available at lower levels, since at high levels some people in the team can grid. Maybe make it available in the machines upgrade. That's reasonable.

Of course I'm fine with the idea of an elevator marker.

Just wanted to toss in the possibility of retaining the mission map for as long as you have the mission. I'd absolutely love that.

i want an elevator and exit markers that show up even if i'm not next to them.

keeping the map to the mission even after zoning out and back in would be outrageously nice and user oriented.

Yea, just squeeze it in, right above the terminal marker upgrade, and below the person marker upgrade for the maps.

And all for retaining the mission map when you have to zone out for any reason. it's not like you havn't already been there.

Even make that an upgrade,

"Map Memory upgrade"

Allows long term storage of temporary maps, such as misssions and buildings.

Only one map is allowed to be stored at a time.
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

I fully agree with the ideas posted here - Such an upgrade would be nice indeed.

And I'd like to see Map memories that could handle more than just 1 Map.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

bump!

feature still not in game

though there were some graphical changes in the maps.. such as the purple dots..

PLEASE put this in! elevators!! i must see them

Bump for all Ideas!!!
    You want fire! I give you some...

Yes, it really is perverse that you have to spend several minutes at the end of every level trying to find the elevator you found earlier. In teams its even worse than soloing , because the team often separates during this process, and if a member finds a monster he's toast. Further, the problem exists on the way down as well as on the way up.

And as Zeroframerate notes, the other aspect of this is that you lose your map if you exit the mission. Upon return you have no idea of where anything is. This is totally ridiculous, and even more dangerous because if the person coming back into the mission has recently died, they're likely to be still in Rezz. So inadvertently finding a monster is a quick trip back to the reclaim booth.

Lastly, LDs also have their map wiped, and that just adds to the aggravation.

Both of these problems are trivial to fix.

Bump!

Yes, please add this map upgrade or make it part of another map upgrade. I'm always in favor of ideas that make the game better for everyone and hurts noone
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

Thumbs up

Hi

I like this idea, I like it very much. Actualy I like it so much im taking time out of my busy life to write here.

Take care and have fun - Gavrun
    Fixer, MA, MP, Trader, Crat, engie and Doctor.

The war on Rubi-Ka should never end! (Im making alot of money on it)

Lets Rock

Smile I like this idea.

Anyone else?
    TEC Robomatic
    Nanomage Liberation Front

Yes to remembering the map between visits.
    Yes to showing the lift - but only after you've used it once.

And correct the direction of the arrows! I always considered that to boss should be lurking at the bottom of caves and small buildings (i.e in the cellars), but at the top of hi-rise buildings. .... Maybe it's just me.
    Turchin - Fat Crat member of Illuminati.