Thread: Don't give us patch notes anymore

Angry Don't give us patch notes anymore

i vote you don't give us patch notes prior to the release of a patch or never give them at all.

i'm tired of reading all the complaints on things that haven't even been seen yet by the player community.

just list game enhancements, bug fixes. don't list items that are added, new nano's or anthing of that sort.

let people play the game, and find them on their own to be suprised. let them question things after find something weird has changed...
    Luxferro

"We will look into it"

Yeah right..lol

Lol. You must work for the government

OR, you could be SATAN!!
    Screw baby Jesus, level limits make ME cry.

Actually, i think in a strange way I agree. I mean I pretty much avoid patch days cause of all the "has anyone found the..." spam on all the channels, inclusing guild channels and leader channels. Maybe just say "we added a bunch of stuff." and leave it at that. Might make us explore a bit or try some new things while searching. I know that before I went to message boards or web sites to find out info, i had a blast with the game finding out stuff on my own
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

FunCom doesn't list even 5% of the new stuff they add in form of items/weapons..

The reason we see all these items is because of the hacked databases. If FunCom wanna rid us of that, they need to encrypt the DB.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Well, I'm of the opinion that it does somewhat help by allowing us to prepare our characters. For instance, I need to upgrade my root for 14.7.

Heh... "upgrade my root..".

If you are tired of reading what people have to say about a specific subject, I have to wonder why you are reading those threads at all.

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Ha
    FunCom doesn't list even 5% of the new stuff they add in form of items/weapons..

The reason we see all these items is because of the hacked databases. If FunCom wanna rid us of that, they need to encrypt the DB.
    I wish they would list 5% of the nerfs they added in the last patch as it is.

There's about a zillion new items in 14.7. Go look in a Medical store, for example (on Testlive now).

Originally posted by Wraith God
    Lol. You must work for the government
    haha..close, it's all in the name
    Luxferro

"We will look into it"

Yeah right..lol

Originally posted by Jesska
    Actually, i think in a strange way I agree. I mean I pretty much avoid patch days cause of all the "has anyone found the..." spam on all the channels, inclusing guild channels and leader channels. Maybe just say "we added a bunch of stuff." and leave it at that. Might make us explore a bit or try some new things while searching. I know that before I went to message boards or web sites to find out info, i had a blast with the game finding out stuff on my own
    i agree, my point exactly.

i read these dam forums cause it's like an addiction... you know it's here, so you just have to take a peek. if i didn't know, i wouldn't bother ;P

now i gotta go and look at the dam 14.7 database too.. see what items i am gonna want as soon as patch is live
    Last edited by Luxferro; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 05:51:41.
    Luxferro

"We will look into it"

Yeah right..lol

Uhhh...I like my patch notes, thank you.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

i agree with this, bug fixes are nice to know, but its fun to be suprised by a new item/quest than read what armor youll get from mob A displayed in database B IF you can get enough people to take him down, before you have even heard of it. ..ya
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...
    BR 15 CR 2 Sniper / Medic / Engineer - Markov

Mmm..i'm not quite the same..it makes me want to kill the mob MORE if i know he drops something cool I can use.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Originally posted by Vydas
    If you are tired of reading what people have to say about a specific subject, I have to wonder why you are reading those threads at all.
    Actually, I can answer that question for you. Its kinda like what luxferro said: its an addiction. Whereas it may sometimes cause anger, the pure, concentrated stupid that radiates from forums predominantly creates amusement and confidence.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

The sad part of this is, that as much as we hate to listen to people ***** and oh do they ever whine like babies, even if they stopped giving patch notes, it would just be the same if not worse after the fact. People would freak when they find out all of a sudden that all there equip is OE cause they are uber OE'ers. Something like that catching people by surprise would be a ruckas indeed.
    What needs to change is people on the forums. Some of the things people post on these forums is totally amazing to me. A lot of these people just need to plain grow up, or get a life or something.

Its a game.

Like my father always said, " no one ever said life was fair"

sorrow