Thread: I like a Swiss Cheese with my Whine

I like a Swiss Cheese with my Whine

Why can't FC get anything right

Why can't FC nerf everyone but me

Why can't FC make it so I can level to 200 in a couple of hours

Why can't FC stop others from leveling so fast

Why can't FC make up for my lack of imagination

Why can't FC make up for my lack of innovation

If they don't then I swear I'm gonna leave, I know I've said it before but this time, boy, I really mean it. I do. Honest.

/me Steps back to reality from whineville

I think the game is very fun. If anything Cz mess it up some for me so I am not so addicted. You have a hard job but we hope you keep up the good work.
    Dauhuai
    Clan Nano Engineer (159)
    Building a better Rubi-Ka One Tradeskill at a time

Sodamoca
    Clan Atrox Doctor (155)
    Free SFA to all Clan

Why cant FC make u quite

Originally posted by Myself
    Why cant FC make u quite
    SodaMoca5
    Soleet

haha, how true, look at the registration date, you see peeps with nov 2001 .... that was when the board was wiped, we been here longer

if the game is fun for you in 1.5-2 years and you have not whined once (well except for your whining about whining posts) then you come back and say that!

hehe I flame whine when the cheese isnt ripe, but some people have a honest beef.

I thought the game was super fun for at least a year before I started noticing glarring flaws in stuff

*edit* if you dont like whining then just dont come to the boards... really... it IS that easy
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Yazule

I have been playing for less than a year, that is true. However your conclusions show a very limited and biased view of others. Just because I think a small but vocal portion of the people that post to these boards are unconsolable whiners does not mean I don't see the problems with the game.

Your judgement of my attitude, knowledge, and understanding based upon what? The time I've played? Illustrates either a lack of understanding about me or an elitist attitude that because you have played longer your opinions are better. While I would certainly agree to a small proportion with that last statement I would only say it gives you a better historical viewpoint not a necessarily a better current evaluation of the state of the game.

While there are problems with the games to have a knee jerk whining reaction to every change shows a poor attitude whether or not you are eventually proven correct or not. To constantly blame FC for everything also illustrates a lack of personal motivation and satisfaction.

I was ready to quit the game (I didn't come here, whine and threaten) but then decided instead to see if I could improve the game for myself by improving how I played it. It worked for me. I got into a good role-playing guild, worked hard on molding my character to fit his role in that guild and to make him more interesting for me to play. Dropped characters that I was finding stale. Started some new ones to explore other professions.

The role playing as well as the fun of having a new character that has the advantage of funds and more knowledge on being prepared for leveling have returned much of the fun to the game for me. I have posted this in other threads but maybe it bears repeating. You can create your own content. You can add to the game, explore, change the dynamics for yourself. You may not level as fast, you may not be the most Uber player on, but you can make the difference. If you decide not to and would rather wait and be spoonfed then I don't care how long you play you will never be happy.

I am sorry if you don't think I could have figured some things of this nature out in less than a year. I also reject your opinion that by playing 6-8 more months I will be back here a whining sniveling complainer. It won't happen. I appreciate the threads that point out flaws and ask for or suggest improvements. I do not honor those that have knee jerk reactions to changes.

I hope this clarifies my position. If not I will come back in 6-8 months and write the same thing and maybe then you will give it some consideration. Of course by that time your time frame may change so you can still ignore me.
    Dauhuai
    Clan Nano Engineer (159)
    Building a better Rubi-Ka One Tradeskill at a time

Sodamoca
    Clan Atrox Doctor (155)
    Free SFA to all Clan

Ahhhhh...The Power of Cheese

Personally I prefer a sharp cheddar or a finely aged blue cheese with my whine but then again that's just me.
    Vini, Vidi, Vici, Vino...I came, I saw, I conquered, then I had a glass of wine.

T-shirts are available in the lobby for a nominal fee...get yours now...supplies are limited.

Re: Yazule

Originally posted by SodaMoca5

Your judgement of my attitude, knowledge, and understanding based upon what? The time I've played?
    nope, the time I played. I was you after 9 months of play, a fanboi, after about 14 months I was disgusted with how boring leveling at high levels is and how lacking pvp is.

It is nothing against you per say, I am saying that at some point in the next few months you will have learnt all the game mechanics, know how to tweek your toon perfectly. You will get bored, and then roll and alt and realize that about 5 questions on one of the profession boards will teach you all you need to know (with all known knowledge) to make a super toon.

You will be able to get 100 in a month if you want, then start doing BS missions and repetitive boredom.

Maybe the learning curve will be slower or faster depending on you vs me. You will see some serious flaws in game mechanics, you will understand people saying "omg I suck" or "omg I cant beleive they are doing this to me".

You may or may not be very vocal about this on the boards but I assure you it will happen.

and really, if you dont like whining dont come to the boards because it is a majority of what happens.

I like coming to the boards because

1) sometimes I learn something about a class that I have not rerolled

2) I like to think about how to balance the game

3) I have some people I really like here

4) *most importantly* Funcom plays "squeeky wheel gets the grease" and people say things and ask for things I do not agree with (Full IPR for example). If I am going to play this game AND they are actually going to use the boards as a litimus test for what changes are needed, then I am going to do my damndest to keep stupid changes off live and help support help where it is needed.

I will be honest with you I am not saying "go away n00b" I am saying that people have a little more experience than you and have seen many nerfs/stupid mistakes.

It is good that you have found good role playing, that is about the ONLY thing that will keep you from becoming what I speak of. The lack of any storyline makes role play silly to me (I have watched a few "sessions" of role play and dont go for it in this game).

The only way to actually effect the face of rubi-ka that I have seen is NW towers and land control... and that will be the realm of pvpers, who as a general rule are not RP.

RP is fun, but I am 50% gamer 40% pvper 10% role player. Most of the people on the boards are not RP'ers

All I am saying is someday *I think* you will be here whining, and when that day comes think of this thread .

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule
    if the game is fun for you in 1.5-2 years and you have not whined once (well except for your whining about whining posts) then you come back and say that!
    please please please please can I say that now Yazula?

I've been a good girl, can I can I?

hehe

Hugs

lilnymph

ps its nothing personal today Yazula, I just seem to have to post an opposite argument for whatever you say
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by lilnymph

please please please please can I say that now Yazula?

I've been a good girl, can I can I?

hehe

Hugs

lilnymph

ps its nothing personal today Yazula, I just seem to have to post an opposite argument for whatever you say
    and I love you for it lil

gotta have someone keepin me honest

ROFLOL

and I love you for it lil

gotta have someone keepin me honest
    hehe thats quite a tall order for anyone hehe

btw, love the hair style

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

oh, and SodaMoca5, dont fall to the quick and easy path of the darkside like Yazule, and 99% of player do (as he rightly described). There is a small number of us who still enjoy this game very much afer a year and a half, and who dont think funcom is the devils own company working to ruin our lives. If you are strong enough, maybe you can prove worthy to join our number. The path is long and hard, but the rewards many

Hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

There is a small number of us who still enjoy this game very much afer a year and a half, and who dont think funcom is the devils own company working to ruin our lives.
    Amen, lil. I've been playing for a year and 1/4 and I still really love it, despite bugs, etc. It's better now than it ever has been!

If you are strong enough, maybe you can prove worthy to join our number. The path is long and hard, but the rewards many
    Lil, can i join? please? pretty please? pretty please with hugs on top?

Kymmie

oh, and SodaMoca5, dont fall to the quick and easy path of the darkside like Yazule, and 99% of player do (as he rightly described). There is a small number of us who still enjoy this game very much afer a year and a half, and who dont think funcom is the devils own company working to ruin our lives. If you are strong enough, maybe you can prove worthy to join our number. The path is long and hard, but the rewards many

Hugs

lilnymph
    hehe I still enjoy the game, I just see glarring issues with buggs/flaws/nerfs. I also find the high end game NOT enjoyable (which is why Dnastyone has gotten abotu 3 levels in the past month or two). (taking a 4 month break helped a lot)

I am just jaded, it is true, I have seen the fires of hell and despaired

props to you lil, you dont whine, I apriciate that in a person.

bring me back from the dark side and make me a fanboi again and you will have me lifelong grattitude hehe.

ROFLOL

I've been playing the game for a year and a half, and I enjoy very much, and I stricly belive in constructive critisism instead of flaming or whining, I for one, would rather see someone commenting on my product in a constructive manner, rather than saying "J00 suxx0r, gimme ph4t l00tz or I cancel my account".. that might sound a little nearsighted on my part, but that's what it sounds like on these boards, MA's whining about lost crits, while the NT's have been waiting for what.. 6 months for their love? and yet, they dont whine.

I'll stay with FC until the game closes, atleast that's my plan, I enjoy it too much to give it up just like that, but if something better comes along sure, I might jump on a new game, but I haven't seen Shadowlands yet, and I'm waiting patiently for it to be released, and heck, I haven't hit 200 yet, so I have things to do in the game still!
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

I have been here since the beginning myself, thats beta and then day1. I don't whine. I'm an optimist. When there were pets in missions I enjoyed it. Those that didn't enjoy it had a right to say so, but we didn't need about 50 posts that contained that same message. It was fixed TWO DAYS LATER for crying out loud. Even when 12.6 came out and about 1/3 the playerbase quit, that problem was fixed just THREE Days later.

The problem isn't we have a board that is full and dirtied by negative poeple (although we have plenty of them), it's that AO players are spoiled rotten. I am spoiled rotten, I know that. AO is to good to us. The difference between me and the whinners is I am an optimist. I KNOW things will be fixed, and quickly, because FC has always fixed major problems in a mater of days.

You whinners have a right to be pissed off at a patch, but you don't have the right to spend every waking moment b**ching about it in countless posts on these boards.

OH, I take that back, I have whined once. The last Fixer nerf before our love patch. Back then, as you may remember, we were the crappiest class in the game. I still enjoyed the class to an extent becuase it has a great community, and I'm not one to give up on a character I created first thing in the morning on day1.

I actually left AO for 2 months after that. Boy was I glad to see fixers rocked when I came back. Course the fix0rs and l33t d00ds had totally ruined the community and the 'attitude' of the fixer, but thats an entirely different discussion.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Re: Re: Yazule

and that will be the realm of pvpers, who as a general rule are not RP.
    ***** I ROXXORED UR BOXXORS !!! ROLF LOL. NOOB !!

Re: Re: Re: Yazule

Originally posted by BrutalThug

***** I ROXXORED UR BOXXORS !!! ROLF LOL. NOOB !!
    EXACTLY

and to all the vets that posted they still love the game and dont whine.. thanks, that is refreshing. seriously.

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Fion
    I don't whine.

OH, I take that back, I have whined once. The last Fixer nerf before our love patch. I actually left AO for 2 months after that.

Boy was I glad to see fixers rock
    nuff said?
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

heh yup

ROFLOL

CHEESE!

Originally posted by Dominaetryx
    Personally I prefer a sharp cheddar or a finely aged blue cheese with my whine but then again that's just me.
    Blue cheese is disgusting. There's no other way to say it.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Originally posted by americanthighs

nuff said?
    erm, not for me, I have no idea what your point is, but never mind hehe.

And Kymmie, no one can allow you to join our number, if you are worthy you will know it within thy self

Just remember it is trendy to be rebelious, and slag off companies and governments etc. It is also easy. It takes brains to actually see both sides of the argument, and try and come up with realistic solutions to problems (that dont just give you what you want, no matter the cost to other parties). Unfortunatly most people on the boards are unable to do this.

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast