Thread: melee is dead. long live melee.

melee is dead. long live melee.

Enforcers, carry on proudly. Hold the glorious flag of melee high, for the rest of us.

/salute
    /me sheds a tear.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Morituri te salutant

damn you whine more then me and you are one of the top profs. Would hate to see how much you would whine if you were playing one of the actually gimped profs.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Yea try an NT up to lvl 154 like me....

1.)fumbles in fight .
    2.)calm (mob hits for 400dmg)calm(mob hits for 400dmg) calm (mob hits for 400dmg)calm (mob hits for 400dmg)calm (mob hits for 400dmg)mezzed (mob counters all mez hehe)
    3.)try to equip a gun with dark blue skills.
    4.)try to run with ur darkblue speed
    5.) try to find all ur stuff which u can only see in DB.
    6.) try to get angry in pvp cause a trader debuffed u with -150 matcrea(ups i cant use my nukes )andd i cant run away and i cant grid and i cant heal ....would praying help me?
    7.)try to find some good special NT armor what doesnt req. STR (ups STR is darkblue)
    8.)try to solo a mission50% (yea please try to solo a 50% mission...attack mob/fumbles/mob hits me /try to mezz 5times /mob counteers/ mezz mob and sit down and fill ur Nanopoints/ try it again(ups mobs heals himself,mob is full healed

But i love being an NT . Nts Best (totally gimped but best for me )

Note: Funcom dont forget to fix Engineer.
    Last edited by Myself; Nov 21st, 2002 at 01:00:57.

I don't deny engies beeing a little bit "under par", and in need of some help from the rubi-ka profession-gods.
    Nevertheless, I will never forget how Fotik always seemed to beat me when we fought. This was even during the time we where "good" in PvP...meaning patch 14.2-14.5

anyway..in 14.7 MA's *are* at the bottom of the pvp ladder.... no amount of broken MA attacks will change that.

if you think MA's are one of the top professions Intrepid.....hmm....I don't agree with you....at all

I don't mourn for MA's, I mourn for melee. You wont see any melee'rs except enforcers in any tower battles. That saddens me immensly. Intrepid, would you go slayer trans or wield a gun for PvP? There you have it.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

/me holds EQB up high.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

*mutters bout melee energy and walks off*
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

Originally posted by DaveDread
    I don't mourn for MA's, I mourn for melee. You wont see any melee'rs except enforcers in any tower battles. That saddens me immensly. Intrepid, would you go slayer trans or wield a gun for PvP? There you have it.
    Sorry for asking this.... but what's wrong with melee and tower battles?
    Do your really think that advs will think to themselves "damn. I would like to help my guild defend our towers, but I use melee, so I'm off hunting instead." WTF?

And you MAs. Why do you think no MA will ever fight in a towerbattle? You guys dish out good damage. You will even be able to break roots now. Legally, I mean

Forgive my ignorance, but I must have missed the note explaining why ENFs will be the only melee users around.

You've got to be kidding, Skybert

Originally posted by Skybert

And you MAs. Why do you think no MA will ever fight in a towerbattle? You guys dish out good damage. You will even be able to break roots now. Legally, I mean
    [/i]
    Oh. My. God. I cannot believe I am reading this.

Were you living in a cave when all PvP crits were nerfed by 50%? Have you ever played an MA before? If the answers to these questions are "Yes" and "No", respectively, then you have no business even insinuating that MA's are still a good PvP profession after 14.6.

And root breaking... I won't even get into that. Or maybe I will. MA's are getting a new special attack to allow us to break roots. Yay. /me sarcastically does a happy dance! Has anyone bothered to mention the requirements for getting this attack? I heard it requires Riposte, an already broken skill that (IMHO) is hardly worth even looking at. And if it has a recharge time, you can bet MA's will leave this game for AC2, SWG, or other games out of sheer rage.

And what about the other prof's new "root breaker" nanos? Who is going to have time to stop attacking for a few seconds so they can break a root on an MA? Who is going to invest the time and spend the credits to get them for an MA? I can see doing it for an Enforcer (who, I might add, tend to survive more fights than your average MA even without healing capabilities), but not for an MA. Besides, everyone seems to think that this new attack is so uber that they won't need to do so.

Oh, you may ask, so why don't we go with ranged weapons? HELLO?! Have you tried a bow lately? Have you seen an MA wielding a rifle lately? No? Hmmm... I wonder why...

Dave is unhappy. As the spokesman and Professional for all MA's, he sure as hell should be.
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

*mumbles something about level reqs and holds Kinkstaah up high by his foot instead, since he cant hold a EQB for another 15 levels*

Originally posted by Mike "Kinkstaah" Bond
    /me holds EQB up high.
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

Remember the upcoming crowd limiting rules.

In a battle between 2 large sides, they'll have to decide which chars to send in and which to leave on the sideline. Lower level chars and profs that don't fare as well in that environment will be left out.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Hypos
    Remember the upcoming crowd limiting rules.

In a battle between 2 large sides, they'll have to decide which chars to send in and which to leave on the sideline. Lower level chars and profs that don't fare as well in that environment will be left out.
    The stupid part is that there is a way they could have fixed it without a crowd limiter.

When you zone in, it would default to everyone looking the same; having the same character model and of course no weapon. Then as resources are freed up the textures and models get loaded and put into place.

This crowd limiting thing is because Gaute isn't a programmer, and the programming team would rather take shortcuts and put band-aides on the code than to do things right in the first place.

Originally posted by Mike "Kinkstaah" Bond
    /me holds EQB up high.
    /me drools on kinkstaah's foot
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Thumbs down When's The Funeral

So when is the funeral?

I wouldn't mind stopping by to pay my respects.

Domi
    Vini, Vidi, Vici, Vino...I came, I saw, I conquered, then I had a glass of wine.

T-shirts are available in the lobby for a nominal fee...get yours now...supplies are limited.